Our maknae - Chapter 5

Our maknae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi guys, I'm sorry for keeping you guys waiting for such a long time. I feel so bad for not updating for over a month, so I decided to finish this chapter today before I continue my revision for my exam next week. Please wish me luck, and thank you for commenting, subscribing and upvoting this story. I hope you guys like this new chapter ^^ <3


“YA! WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU?!” a voice screamed loudly into Kyuhyun’s ear causing him, and Changmin who had unluckily leaned in to Kyuhyun’s phone, to wince in pain. They were already on their way back to Super Junior’s dorm when his phone began to ring.

Heechul hyung.. Kyuhyun thought right away after he heard the voice. Why was Heechul calling him all of the sudden? It hadn’t even been an hour since he left. He didn’t think anyone would notice, let alone Heechul who was living in the dorm upstairs.

“I’m.. I’m with Changmin, hyung..,” Kyuhyun replied back slowly, afraid that he would get more scolding for wondering outside the dorm without permission.

But to his surprise, “Don’t go anywhere, I’m picking you up,” another, much calmer voice said quickly before the call ended.

 

****

 

“Kyuhyunnie, is there anything you want to talk about?” Siwon asked softly. He kept stealing glances at Kyuhyun who was sitting on the passenger seat beside him. The boy hadn’t said a word since he got into the car.

All of the members were so worried when Sungmin told them Kyuhyun wasn’t in his room when he went there to wake him up. Siwon had just gotten to the dorm to leave for Mnet! Broadcast filming together with s when he found out and volunteered to fetch the boy up right away.

“I’m sorry, hyung.. I didn’t know our schedule was this early,” Kyuhyun apologized with his head hung low. He looked at the digital clock in front of him, 2:37 a.m. They were supposed to be at Mnet at 2 a.m.

“Don’t worry about the time. All the hyungs are there, no one would notice we aren’t there yet,” Siwon replied softly, “And it’s not your fault, Teukie hyung said he forgot to tell you about this schedule.”

Everything was turned into a chaos by the time they reached Mnet building. It was almost time for their filming but they hadn’t had any hair, make up or wardrobe done.

“Siwon-sshi, Kyuhyun-shhi, hurry up!” Thankfully, their stylists were professionals. Everything was done on time. Not only that, their eye bags and pale faces from having to work after just a few hours of sleep were covered up pretty well.

 “We arrived here at 2 am today,” Siwon said to a camera after he had his make-up done. The boys had been filmed for the M Countdown Begins the second they reached the waiting room. “Came here after sleeping for 1 hour,” he continued and raised his hand slightly and tiredly in the air, “very excited.”

 

*****

 

“Let me help you with that,” someone said to Kyuhyun while he was trying to fix his mic under his shirt. The latter didn’t even wait for Kyuhyun’s reply when he carefully took over the small wire and taped it under the boy’s grey shirt. “You hadn’t had any sleep, had you?” the latter asked again as he took a good look at Kyuhyun’s face. It was very obvious that the boy was exhausted and in need of rest.

“I’m sorry, Kyuhyunnie.. I should’ve stayed in our room and kept you company..” he began. “I know you had nightmares almost every night before. It was after you started living in the dorm again after the accident. I was so stupid that I didn’t remember that last night and let you went to sleep on your own. Did you have a hard time sleeping because of me?” his facial expression showed so much guilt, that Kyuhyun thought the latter could cry any second.

“It wasn’t your fault, Sungmin hyung. I should know how to take care of myself.. You’ve been taking care of me for years. You were always there when I went to sleep and when I woke up in the morning. It’s time that I grow up and learn to take care of myself,” Kyuhyun replied reassuringly, “But I’m very grateful I still have you around.”

Sungmin could feel his face heating up as he held back his tears and rubbed Kyuhyun’s hair. He was so relieved and so touched, but he knew better than to cry.  He didn’t want their coordi noonas’ efforts on his make-up to go to waste.

“Super Junior will be on in 2 minutes, please stand by now,” a loud voice suddenly pierced through the silence in the ears through the earpiece they had just worn.

“LETS KILL THEM ALL!” All of the members said quickly before they ran on stage.

 

*****

 

They had just arrived at the funeral home for EunB’s wake after having to rush their way through Seoul. Every member had slowly and tiredly gotten out of their vans wearing simple black suits appropriate for the ceremony when Kyuhyun felt his heart raced the fastest it had been that day.

“I don’t think I can do this hyung,” Kyuhyun said as he felt his feet froze under him as he tried to take another step. He would’ve already fallen over from the light-headedness if not for Siwon who was quick enough to grab him closer to lean on his body for support.

Leeteuk, who was leading the group, paused on his track. He took a few moments to study Kyuhyun’s terrified face. “Let’s go home then,” he said calmly.

“What?” the other members asked in disbelief. They had just driven an hour away to reach that place.

“We went here for Kyuhyun. If he can’t go in, then I don’t think we should stay here any longer,” the leader said again as he made his way back into the van.

“But hyung-“ They others tried to protest.

“Hyung,” Kyuhyun called out softly as he bit his lower lip. “We’ll get inside. We’ll see.. We’ll go see EunB.”

“No, Kyuhyun. You don’t have to force yourself, it’s fine,” Sungmin said quickly as he grabbed Kyuhyun’s arm.

“No, hyung. I wanted this,” Kyuhyun replied, “And I know how packed our schedule is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter