Chapter 2

You Never Knew
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

And I knew from the start that we wouldn't get along; she wouldn't have any place near my heart.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" You." Yuri sighed for the umpteenth time as she placed an ice pack on her cheek. 'Jeshika', or whatever is her name that she saw on her name tag, that woman was driving her nuts. She adjusted her glasses before facing the curled ball on the bed. The woman didn't move a single inch ever since. No eating, no peeing, no nothing except for crying over the stupid picture. And cussing. Taking a quick glance at the clock, she was shocked how time quickly passed. 8:00. She stood up before kneeling on the foot of the bed. Seriously, if she had to beg at this point, she'd do it. Not because she was guilty cause heck no, she wasn't. He deserved what he got. Kwon seonsaengnim deserved to have his face filled with holes. She just wanted the brunette to shut up. She's got a report on Korean History and an exam on physics tomorrow and her sobbing and shouting profanities are not helping.

 

"Hey, stop cryin-"

 

" you."

 

"Look. I'm sorry, alright?" Yuri squeaked. "It's just, I've never got an A minus before in my life, and-and he, gave me one! In English literature!"

 

Jessica sprang up from bed before jabbing Yuri's chest with her finger. 

 

"You little piece of crap, I didn't know you were that low!" Jessica felt her eyes burning once again.

 

"Hey you are kinda low, too!" Yuri argued. She was finished. She didn't care about manners, or respect, or ettiquette, or whatever. Nobody takes her lightly. Nobody takes grades lightly. "I mean who cries for two hours straight, for a single picture? You had a ton of 'em anyways!" Yuri crossed her arms in front of her before mumbling, "You could even pass as a stalker if you'd want to."

 

"That. Was. The. Best. Shot, got it?!" Jessica screamed. "That's the ing reason why the picture was on top of the ing pile!"

 

"If that in' picture was so important, then why'd you even place it in a crappy box?! You should've put it in a vault along with your collections of whatever you stole from him, like a good stalker you are!" Yuri stood up, her frame looming over Jessica's. 

 

"Who the puts ing pictures in a ing vault?" Jessica pulled her hair before letting her body fall into the bed.

 

"Why do you even have to say '' in every word?!" Yuri bit  her lip before going back to her seat, immersing herself in her book. The letters fleeted across the pages, and she found it hard to differentiate whatever happens to an object when gravity acts upon whatnot. Or what 9.8 meters per second squared has done to Isaac's apple.

 

Hearing the shuffling of feet, she turned her head around only to meet a pale woman limping her way out the door.

 

"Hey, you plannin' on killing yourself or something?" Yuri asked cautiously. She never knew there were really wierd people in the world. The stalkerish-obsessive types. She thought it only happened to celebrities. That sasaeng-fans only happens to handsome guys with perfect hair, and pointy nose, and-and with cool figures. Not to some old man with a wide forehead. 

 

"Look, I've been saying it for a while now, and I'll say it again." Yuri held the brunette's hamd in hers. It was fairly small. And smooth. And cold. Shrugging her thoughts away, she continued, "I'm sorry, alright? But you don't have to do this just cause of a picture. I mean there is more to life than what you already have seen." Yuri smiled lightly at the woman to try and persuade her. No ing way she's gonna be held responsible for the death of her roommate. No way in hell should her grades be affected because of a pathetic-lovesick fool of a woman. She tried to keep her smile as natural as possible all the while groaning inwardly for feeling like a pastor.

 

"Stop acting like you care." The petite woman snapped at her. "You don't understand me."

 

"I do. I do, honestly." Yuri gripped her hand tighter. If there was anything she knew she was good at, it's her ability to make people believe her. And forge her own little scenario in her clever little brain.

 

"There was also this guy...that...ummm..I really like very much." She tried to keep her head spinning. "And- and he was... my tutor." She cursed inwardly at her lack of creativity. She saw the brunette raising an eyebrow at her.

 

"O...kay?" The woman said before trying to pry Yuri's hand away. "Now let go of me."

 

"No! There's no way you'd die!" Yuri shook her head. "You'll know, someday, that what you think is love, isn't what it is. And the person you think you'll end up with won't be that person. And then you'll move on. And you'll know that the earth is beautoful and God is good and-"

 

"Can I go to the toilet now, nerd? I really need to take a leak." Jessica clicked her tongue in annoyance. Yuri let go of her hand with a shocked expression plastered on her face.

 

Seeing the Jeshika girl go into the bathroom, she plopped herself down the floor before burying her face in her hands.

 

 

She ed everything up. 

 

 

In the new semester, with a new roommate.

 

-

 Yuri rushed back to her seat as she heard the doors of the bathroom click open. Turning her back from the silhouette of the Jeshika, she buried her face with the large textbook, her own mind filled with shame amd embarrassment for misunderstanding the latter's actions. Apparently, she couldn't help but add the article "the" for the woman. Just like "the monster."

"Yeah, the monster, the Jeshika." Yuri nodded while trying to stiffle her laughter at the sudden realization.

 

Hearing the brunette pull the covers over her head once more, she felt slightly guilty for what she did. She knew it's not the person's fault for falling in love. Because falling in love, from her own persepective, is like falling for a spell. You never manage to get out, even if it ends. Clearing , she crouched down at the foot of the bed before pulling the covers slightly, the eyes of the Jeshika peering out.

 

"Umm..listen here, I want to apologize again for what I did...to Mr. Kwon's picture. I didn't mean it." 

 

"Do you think you can be forgiven that easily?" Jessica glared at her.

 

"I-I know it's not easy to forgive me, alright?" Yuri raised her arms in surrender. "So... I propose a solution." Seeing the latter silent, she continued.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter