Chapter 5

You Never Knew
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

But I was so sure...so sure of myself that I knew my priorities. That I knew who I wanted. That I was just playing a game. And I am winning it. But I felt like I was losing something with this greed of mine. Still, I knew. That love never had anything good in it- it was all bad luck.. We just had to endure everything. But I just had to drag her along with me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lunch?" Jessica's body shook as Yuri held her by the shoulders. Her phone fell onto the hard concrete (she hoped it wasn't broken), and she saw Yuri pick it up for her. 

 

"Hey, did I surprise you? Yuri smiled lightly, wiping the back of the phone on her shirt. "Sorry."

 

"Yes. Yes you did." Jessica felt her heartbeat racing. "Now can I have my phone back?" 

 

"How about lunch?" Yuri asked wiping sweat off of her forehead.

 

"Ummm... I can't. Not today, sorry." Jessica was going to be late. She didn't want to give him the wrong impression.

 

"Oh...oh I see." Jessica saw a brief look of disappointment in her eyes, but was soon erased as Yuri twirled around, phone in hand.

 

"Well, well, what is to be seen in this phone, huh?" Yuri teased raising her hand higher as Jessica jumped up and down, trying to reach for it.

 

"Nothing just give it-"

 

Yuri pushed Jessica away with one hand as she checked the phone. 

 

Turning back to her, Yuri smiled before handing her the phone.

 

"If you didn't want people seeing what is on your phone, then you better put a lock on it for something." Yuri walked away, hands in pockets as she whistled a tune.

 

-

 

", , !" Jessica cursed as she pocketed her phone. Checking her watch, she walked briskly as she realized she was getting late to meet Mr. Kwon. 

'Did she see?' Jessica dug her hands further into her pockets at the thought. Walking into the cafe, she smiled in relief as she saw no Kwon seonsaengnim. 

Better him to be late than her, she thought before signalling the waiter over.

 

-

"Tippu~" Yuri locked Tiffany into an embrace before poutong as Tiffany gasped and placed her phone in her coat pocket.

 

"Seriously, I already saw you changing our picture together as your new wallpaper screen so don't bother being all shy around me." Yuri spoke, arms crossed over her chest.

 

"It's not even like I was trying to hide it!" Tiffany said defensively, before turning her back to Yuri.

 

"Yes you were, I knew it." Yuri said, a small frown on her face. "What's with girls and their phones anyways? Always trying to hide it like they have a stash somewhere."

 

"You talk as if you are not a girl." Tiffany snapped back.

 

"Well you talk as if you really ARE hiding a stash." Yuri grinned.

 

"Or..." 

 

"You have a big crush on me." Yuri smiled, before putting Tiffany in a headlock and ruffling her hair.

 

"I do not!" Tiffany acted all angry, before pushing Yuri away amd fixing her fringe.

 

"So..." Tiffany started, "You've got a problem, dont'cha? You wouldn't be acting extra cheerful if you don't."

 

"What do you mean, 'acting all cheery'?"

 

"You wanna talk about it over lunch?" Tiffany smiled.

 

Yuri smiled back. She was getting really hungry.

 

-

"So what you are trying to say is you are starting to like a girl?" Tiffany on her upper lip as she continued to eat her burger, before grease off her fingers and reaching for the fries.

 

"No!" Yuri grunted. "I'm asking you of you have ever liked a girl!" 

 

"But why are you asking me that, exactly?" Tiffany grabbed her cup from the table. She always liked the school cafeteria. It was always cold, with the airconditioning systems always .

 

"Well...cause." 

 

"Ok, ok. Stop yappin' girl. I'll tell."

 

Tiffany leaned into Yuri's ears before saying "Yes."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter