Chapter 4

You Never Knew
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Slowly....slowly, I fall into it. And I realized, that I wanted to be selfish. I wanted to own her. But it wasn't supposed to be. Not supposed to be me. Not supposed to be her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"I don't wanna!" Jessica screamed and ran, pushing the desk away in the process, as Yuri cursed and chased after her, banging her little toe on the edge of table. 

"C'mon, you asked for this, right?" Yuri hopped on one foot, groaning as she saw her nail cracked. " this." She muttered grabbing Jeshika back to the chair, and pushed the book to her. 

"No escaping, missy. You still owe me for making me wait that long last week." Taking in deep breaths, Yuri smiled in satisfaction as Jeshika stuck her tongue out and finally gave in, taking her pen and paper, solving all the exercises she told her to answer. Finally. She can get her own job done.

"Yuri-ah?" Yuri clicked her tongue, blood rushing to her head. The little American is bothering her. Again. And it hasn't even been five minutes since she had started having her 'me' time. Her 'gotta pick up that History book and bury myself in it' time. 

"What now, what do you want?" Yuri massaged her temples.

Jessica scratched her head with the tip of her pen and with the cutest voice possible, "How do you solve for the velocity-" 

"Gosh!" Yuri snatched the book away from her. "I didn't know you were this stupid." Scribbling a few notes on the paper she continued, "I mean, I knew you were stupid, don't get me wrong. But I didn't know you were THAT stupid-" Jessica grabbed her book and smacked it to Yuri's head, the latter rubbing her head in anger.

"Yah!" Yuri stood up, flicking Jeshika in the forehead. "Don't do that again, you! Do you want my brain cells to fall off my head?" 

"Now that is stupid, Yuri." Jessica chuckled. "I never knew brain cells fell from that. I mean my little sis used to do that to me and-"

"That's the reason why you are like this right now." Yuri interrupted earning herself a glare from Jeshika. Clearing , Yuri saw Jeshika crinkle her nose and continue solving. 

Maybe she was a little too harsh.

"Are...you hungry or something?" Yuri asked, peeking from her book. "I can get you something from the convinience store and you could have a little break-"

"Not hungry."

Yuri inwardly groaned, covering her face with the book. She was a little too harsh.

 

-

 

"Hey, Yuri-ah!" Just when Yuri thought that the hours of silence awkwardness would never stop, with Jessica solving her works with a pout for two hours straight, some noise came in from her dorm. And even when Yuri liked silence, she was thankful for the noise this time. Whoever it may be from.

"I've brought pizza!" Tiffany, screamed in delight and Yuri smiled seeing her. Jessica looked up to meet her used to be bestfriend's eyes, but the latter didn't seem to notice. Didn't seem to care. She saw Tiffany hug Yuri and cling on to her. She puffed, thinking of how could Yuri want Tiffany's kind of noise bit not 'her' kind of noise. It's just unfair.

"Hey, Ppani!" Yuri smiled hugging Tiffany tightly. 

"Hi Yuwree!" Tiffany smiled, her eyes turning into crescents, and Jessica wondered how much she could miss those eyes. And how Tiffany won't smile for her anymore.

"Here, three boxes of pizza! I have brought your favorite! It's this vegetarian pizza, right?" Tiffany bit her lip and Yuri was in awe.

"How did you..." Yuri eyed the blushing American, all the while ruffling her hair.

"I...kinda got a little help from someone..." Tiffany said hesitantly. Checking her phone, Tiffany grabbed Yuri by the ear, pulling her so close, so close, Jessica felt bothered by it. Because she knew that she wasn't there at the moment. Only Yuri and Tiffany.

 

 

And Jessica had wondered how can Tiffany be so happy with Yuri. How she couldn't notice her. Like they didn't become bestfriends.

 

 

And how Yuri could be as soft and loving as that. How she could become like that only when she was with Tiff.

 

 

Without making a sound, Jessica left, and went into her bedroom, curling up into a ball as tears ran down her eyes.

 

"Hey, you emo." Jessica peeked from under the covers hearing a soft  voice.

 

"Leave me alone. No more Physics. No more math. No more you. you." Jessica muttered expecting the tanned girl to get impatient and up and leave.

 

"Hey. We didn't mean to make you feel left out back there." Yuri cooed sitting by her bedside. "If your problem is your bestie-"

 

"Used fo be bestie."

 

"Whatever. She left a while back. You can come out now." Yuri gently tugged at the blankets.

 

 

And for once, Jessica found herself being needed again. Like Yuri can be trusted. And that she would probably like her. That Yuri won't burt her. 

 

 

And for once, Jessica found herself wanting to give up on her game. Because she thinks, somehow, in that small crook in her mind, something shouts at her, that she is losing her own game.

 

And as Yuri brushed away the strands of hair in her face and tucked them behind her ear, the same thoughts were brushed away as Yuri smiled before asking, "Want some pizza? I heard you like Pepperoni."

 

She decided to enjoy life at its moment, in its peak, and let everything go the way it wants to.

 

 

She won't force it.

 

-

 

"Alright class," Mr. Kwon adjusted his glasses and tie, brushed lint off of his coat and smiled. "You are dismissed." The whole class roared amd sometimes, Yuri thought whether they were really "seniors". Because clearly, they weren't. Piling up her books, she held them in one hand, all the while  casually walking amidst the students crowding towards the exit.

 

Everybody but Jeshika.

 

Because clearly, she was going the other way.

 

Because clearly, she was following Mr. Douchebag-Kwon into his office. Taking in deep breaths, she walked and turned her back on her roommate and walked to the exit.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter