Chapter 1

You Never Knew
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a fine spring day when I met her...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tap. Tap. Tap.

 

A new semester. A new life. A new teacher. Yes, a new teacher.

 

"T. Is for for his touch that turns the coldest into warmth." The warm breeze of spring blew against a certain brunette's face as she was seated at her usual spot by the window, the glass panes opened, as hot air shot through the pastel curtains, fanning her hair into a messy blob. Jessica sat dazed, as she found herself unable to focus, not because it was old and grumpy Mrs. Choi, but because it was dashing Mr. Kwon. Somehow, she knew that the professor had caught her attention in more ways than one ever since he entered campus. The way he walks, the way he talks, the way he rakes a hand through his tousled hair. Everything. And being a teenager herself going through adolescence, she couldn't deny feeling...aroused. And she knew it just wasn't partly because of hormones. It was also due to the glances the twenty-nine year old gave her-as far as she remembered-that sent chills down her spine.

 

"Y. Is for your youthful skin, that I always admire." She continued doodling on her literature notebook, as scribbles filled the white pages. Several drawings of a single man with glasses were placed. Ink on paper. And it continued. Each one of them having a letter and a small description. She couldn't get enough of her one-sided crush. She couldn't get enough of her seonsaengnim. Resting her chin against her hand, she sighed dreamily as she continued on with the next drawing, with the next letter, with the next description, all the while humming an unfamiliar tune.

 

"L. Is my love for you that's oh-so-true." As she continued sitting there, she heard distantly, Mr. Kwon's voice as he talked about what the greatest poets of all time had written, how Shakespeare had manged to compose a total of a hundred and fifty-four sonnets in his lifetime. The tapping of pen against wood was heard as the whole classroom remained silent. Turning her head briefly to the side, she saw many trying to stiffle their yawns out of respect, while some outrightly snoozed off, their head on the desk, their breathing steady. Her tapping stopped as she heard Mr. Kwon talk about his favorite sonnet- "Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's day?"

"Oh yes." Jessica twirled her pen around her fingers as she sighed for the umpteenth time. After all, for the ice princess, Mr. Kwon was summer itself. With his tanned skin and warm brown orbs, he could clearly pass off as the God of Summer and heat. If there was any. Writing the title of the sonnet at the corner of the page, she made a mental note to read about it- and perhaps quote a few lines to impress the teacher.

 

"E. Is for extraordinary. For him being ethereal, enveloping-" 

 

"Ouch." Jessica rubbed her head as she looked around the room, a frown plastered on her face before eyeing her best friend since forever mouthing the words, 'The paper, princess.' Seeing that her favorite teacher was turning her back on them,  she reached for the crumpled sheet below her desk before picking it up and laying it flat on the table. Smoothing the creases away, she furrowed her brows as words written boldly in pink highlighter flashed before her eyes. 

 

'Eyes on the board, girl. Not on the man. Not on your notes. You weren't taking any, anyways. And stop with the doodling will 'ya? The sound of sharpie on paper irritates me.'

P.S: Don't think you are the only one who could hear yourself sing. It's not pleasant. At. All.

 

Jessica crumpled the sheet before throwing it back to the eye-smiling woman, the material landing onto the American's head. Doing a fist pump, she mouthed, ' Hey, Tiff. That was a great headshot!' before turning her attention once more to her notes at hand. 

 

"R is for. R is for Rawwrrr! He is so hot, I could-" 

 

An overlooming presence was in front of her in seconds, suddenly snapping her out of her reverie. Looking towards the source of the distraction, she was met with a small smirk from Mr. Kwon. 

"Please stand, Jessica-ssi." Again with that voice. Jessica felt her knees go weak with his voice. Smooth. Not rough, not husky. Just the way she likes it.

 

"W-what is it, Mr. Kwon?" 

 

"Hmmm...what have you been doing, Ms. Jung?" The man reached a hand out and before Jessica knew it, grabbed for her notebook.

 

Oh no.

 

"Oh, taking notes, are we? I wonder what's it about?" He said teasingly, flipping through the pages, his smile stretching accross his face.

 

"You should focus more, Jessica-ssi." He leaned closer. 

 

"I'll let you off the hook this time, alright?" Jessica gulped as sweat began to accumulate on her forehead. 

 

"If you'd continue with that performance, you'd fail this class, you know?" Mr. Kwon breathed the words in his own, unique sultry way that made the brunette's head spin.

 

"And I wouldn't want my students to fail."

 

 

"Because I love them." 

 

"Urgh." Tiffany voiced out while faking a chilling sensation, her body tensing and shaking. "It's so dirty, teach! Get back to teaching your , and don't flirt with innocent, young s!" 

 

Jessica shot a glare to her bestfriend, seeing the teacher shocked, and speechless, while the whole class erupted into laughter.

 

Readjusting his glasses, Mr. Kwon cleared his throat all the while giving Tiffany a stern look. "Ms. Hwang. Stay for detention."

 

"And Ms. Jung," He started as he leaned close to her ear before whispering a few words. Jessica blushed and had agape before finally sitting back down with her head hung low, hands tigh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter