About our past

Keep us safe...

(Nichkhun's pov)

When I woke up the next morning, I walked out of the room and I saw Taecyeon, Chansung and Doojoon sleeping on the couch. I grabbed some blanket and cover them with it. Then I went to the kitchen to cook breakfast. The kitchen wasnt look like kitchwn at that moment. Everything were everywhere. There were some broken glasses on the floor. "I think its better if I clean it up first so that no one will get hurt", I thought. I bend down and was about to pick up the broken glasses but a hand stopped me. I looked up to see Taecyeon beside me.

"Let me do it. Dont want you to get hurt. You better cook breakfast before Doojoon wake up. He always hungry everytime he wake up", he told me.

"Okay", I answered. I walked to the refrigerator and took a look. Hmm... What do we have here? Eggs, milk, chicken, bacon, butter... Should I make toast or bacon and eggs? Lets ask Taecyeon! "Taecyeon-ah, which one do you prefer? Toast or bacon and eggs?"

"Any of it is fine to me", he replied with a smile.

"Okay. Maybe bacon and eggs for today since we need to clean up after this". I took out the ingredients and started cooking. Once I finished, I serve the food on the table pour milk into six glasses. Then I went to wake the others up.When we came back, the floor was all clean. No more broken glasses. Everyone sat on their chair and recite our prayers before we start eating. Everyone were so quiet. I felt Doojoon's stare on us. What was wrong with him?

After breakfast, Yonghyun washed the dishes with help from Wooyoung. I wanted to help but I was asked to follow the other guys to the living room. Now, I am in the living room with the three of them looked straight with their serious faces on. I felt like I committed a crime. Then, Taecyeon started to talk.

TY: Nichkhun-ah, we need to ask you something and we really need your corporation okay? Please tell us everything you know. 

NK: Okay..

DJ: Okay, actually I have been on a secret investigation. It was my dad's but since he was found dead a few years ago. I took over the case. I am searching for my father's friend's children. And from the informations that I have with me, most of it are pointing to you your siblings. And I believe that your parents are dead, right hyung?

NK: Yea..

DJ: Can you tell me how they die? If you remember anything about their death, can you tell me? Cuz I need to confirm it. Please hyung?

I really dont want to remember about the accident actually. But it seems like something is wrong. So, I told them, "That night..."

 

(flashback) (author's pov)

~ 16 years ago~

At 8 pm sharp, Mr Jang walked into his house with a bright smile on his face. His wife and children were in the living room, dressed up nicely waiting for him. When he greeted them, his two elder son ran to him and hugged him while looking at him with bright smile and pecked his cheeks.

"Appa, where are we going?", asked his eldest son.

"Tonight, we are going to eat dinner at a very nice restaurant, Khunnie", he answered while ruffling Nickhun's hair.

"Where?", asked his youngest son.

"Just somewhere around here, Wooyoungie", he told his youngest son. "Lets go!"

 

In the car, Mr Jang was talking to his wife while his two sons were playing and making faces to their little baby sister that made her giggle all the time. While the car was full of laughter from the kids, Mrs Jang noticed a car had been following them. She was about to tell her husband when the car suddenly speed pass them. Mr Jang was so surprise that he wasnt able to control the car. The car spun a few times before it hit the boarder and went upside down to the other side of the road. Nickhun and Wooyoung quickly unbuckled their seat belt when their father asked them to and took Yonghyun then got out of the car through the broken window. They ran far from the car then Nichkhun gave Yonghyun to Wooyoung and ran back to the car.

"HYUNG!!!", Wooyoung called out for Nickhun but he shouted back, "Stay there with Yonghyun!"

But before Nichkhun could reach the car, the car exploded."UMMAA!!!! APPAAA!!!" Nickhun shouted and was about to ran to the car but was held back by a man."Hey! No! No.. Dont go... You're gonna get yourself killed...", the man tried to calm him down. Nichkhun cried in the man's embrace. Wooyoung hugged Yonghyun tight while looking at the burned car.

"Umma... Appa...", they both cried while little Yonghyun was crying loudly in Wooyoung's embrace. Nichkhun hugged the man tightly while crying.

~A few months later~

Nichkhun and his siblings stayed in their house. He refused to let it go. That house held all of their memories together. He missed his parents a lot. He worked to support his siblings. Three different works from morning until night.

One day, a group of guys barged into their house.At that time, there were only Wooyoung and Yonghyun in the house. The guys were their late father's enemy's people. They came to collect their debt but Wooyoung didnt have enough money to pay them. So, the guys messed their house. Wooyoung tried to fight but the guys were so big and strong. They pushed him and stumbled, hitting his face at a mirror causing the mirror broke. Some pieces of th ebroken mirror cutted into his eyes. Luckily, a neighbour heard Yonghyun's loud cry and came over to check on them. When she saw what happened, she immediately called the police. The polices came fast. Some of the guys were caught while some of them were able to ran away. Wooyoung were rushed to the hospital by an ambulance. Their neighbour followed the ambulance with Yonghyun but stopped by Nichkhun's work place to pick him up. The lady told Nichkhun what happened. Nichkhun hugged Yonghyun tight, trying to calm his little sister.

Wooyoung's eyes was badly injured and the doctor said that he might not be able to see again. They stayed at the hospital for a few days. Their neighbour, Mrs Lee, who helped them the other came everyday to give them food. At first, Nichkhun declined her offer because he didnt want to burden her but when she kept on coming, he just gave in and thanked her everytime she came. When Wooyoung was discharged, she offered them to stay with her. She said that it will be harder for Nichkhun to take care of them with Wooyoung's condition and it will be dangerous to just leave the boy and the baby alone at home the whole day. Who knew what would happen? So, Nickhun accepted the offer but didnt forgot to make the lady promise to let him work.

After years of staying with Mrs Lee, they grew to be like a real family. When Yonghyun reached 10, Mrs Lee allowed her to work with Wooyoung because they kept asking her to let them. It wasnt easy for a very young girl like yonghyun and a disabled boy like Wooyoung to find a job. They struggled day and night to search for a job. Finally, they managed to get a job as dish washer in a small restaurant. The owner was very kind to give them the job.

One day, when the three of them were on their way home, they saw many people surrounding a someone on the road. They walked closer n was shocked to see that the person was Mrs Lee. Nickhun asked their neighbours 'bout what had happened. 

"A lorry came and crashed with her car. Then, the lorry driver drove away. It was a hit-and-run accident. Her car doesnt look like a car anymore *point at the car that badly crushed* I'm so sorry. I dont think she can survive", said one of their neighbour before the ambulance came.

Mrs Lee's funeral were held a week later. The driver was nowhere to be found. A police report was made. Since then, Nichkhun his siblings left the house and started living by the street. They didnt have any choice. They stay by the street until the day Nichkhun decided to move on.

~end of flashback~

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am so sorry for the very late update. I had some things to do. The flashback is a bit long. Okay mayb not a bit. But still, please enjoy ur reading. I am sorry once again *bows*

Btw, I used Wooyoung's family name cuz the names will sound kinda wierd if I use Nickhun's family name. Hope you dont mind