05

Unexpected

 

 

--

 

 

I woke up early the next morning. My head was still feeling a bit fuzzy from the previous night. I had barely been able to get a few hours of sleep due to my constant pondering over my own emotions. All night, I stayed up tossing and turning attempting to at least get a couple more hours of sleep, but to no avail I simply couldn't. The constant questions keep playing over and over in my head like a broken record. 'Do I have feelings for Jung Daehyun? And if I do does he feel the same way?'

 

We spent days without talking to each other. This was new, Daehyun usually spammed me with texts until I got tired and replied, but this time there was nothing. The more time we spent without each other's company the more I realized how much I missed him. Tired of all of this solitude, I lifted my phone off my desk. My palms began to get sweaty, and I rocked in my desk chair rapidly. What if I made a fool out of myself in front of Daehyun?

 

Hold on. Was I, Yoo Youngjae worried about how I would act in front of Daehyun? I thought I was over those feelings. That was a one time thing, back when I first met him. This is bad, I was starting to act strange and more self conscious around the idol.

 

I chuckled at myself, and dialed the brunette's number. I was back to my normal self, hopefully. If Daehyun doesn't like me then that's his problem, he's my friend after all. "Hello?" his voice sounded more raspy and husky than usual.

 

"Uh, hey Daehyun. Are you okay, you sound a bit out of it." I could hear his laugher on the other line.

 

"Yeah I'm fine, thanks for asking, just a little sick due to the weather. I've missed you, Youngjae," a long pause as my cheeks began to flush,"I was planning on calling you soon, but I didn't feel too well. I'm better now though." He chuckled showing me that he was doing well.

 

"Well that's good to hear," again a long pause. I missed you too. No I couldn't possibly tell him that, or could I? He confessed that missed me, after all. "I-I missed you too," great I stuttered. Already having made a fool out of myself and not caring if I further did, I managed to ask him something I had been craving to for a while now. "So I was wondering if you wanted, to um maybe, go to the amusement park with me. After all, you said you would make up the time we were going to hang out. I finally decided on what...and I also wanted to be able to see you again." I muttered the last part quickly so that he could barely hear it. 

 

"The amusement park? Yeah okay, that sounds good. Pick you up in a couple minutes Jaejae~" The call ended and I was left confused as usual. 'Jaejae' when did he come up with that one? I laughed, glad to finally have gotten something off my chest.

 

--

 

In the living room, I sat impatiently, bouncing my legs up and down. Knock knock. It was Daehyun! I picked myself off the couch and bolted to the door, but before I could reach the door my older brother, who just so happened to be walking by, beat me to it, just my luck. 

 

It was evident Youngmin noticed that he thwarted with my plans. He glanced back at me and smirked. Ugh sometimes he really just got on my nerves. "And you might be?" Just when Daehyun opened his mouth to speak, my brother snapped his fingers loudly, preventing him from speaking. "Ah! Now that I get a better look at you, you do look awfully familiar. You're that one guy my brother's always obsessing about, right?" It wasn't much of a question but more a statement. Youngmin leaned up to Daehyun's quite large ears and muttered, with a stern yet suggesting voice, "Did he finally manage to get you inside his pants?"

 

Just by the look on Daehyun's face I could tell he was disturbed. His eyes widened and wavered. When he opened his mouth to object, his bottom lip quivered, causing his speech to hinder. "Well I'll be going now," he waved to the dumbfounded idol. "Now, don't have too much fun with my little Jae," once again he brought his face up to the brunette's ear. "And if you do you better protect yourself," he scowled at Daehyun as he sauntered away.

 

As soon as my brother was out of sight and far enough so he wouldn't hear us, I made my way over to my friend. I took a deep sigh before starting, "I'm sorry about that. Lately he's been getting really weird. He's probably actually relieved that I actually have someone to hang out with. What did he tell you anyway?" I was itching to know what my brother had told him. Was it something embarrassing about me? Did he find out one of Daehyun's secrets? Was it one of my secrets? Did he just say something perturbing?

 

"It's nothing," he quickly replied with no emotion linked to his words. I frowned.

 

"Don't you 'it's nothing' me. It was clearly something if you made a face like that." I was determined to get this out of him.

 

He let out the breath he had been holding. "Do you really want to know?" I nodded vigorously. "He thought we were going to have Youngjae." My mouth formed a small o.

 

"Look I'm sorry about him, once again. I tended to obsess about you a lot before, so he probably thought I finally got you to date me or some like that." 'Finally got you to date me' what was I thinking now he was going to think I wanted us to be a couple. . Not that I didn't want us to be an item, but I couldn't let him know that, not yet at least.

 

"'Finally got you to go on a date with me' doesn't that imply that you actually want us to go out," he was getting smug with me now. He had me all figured out didn't he, but did he really?

 

"I-I-" but I was cut off by a strong callused hand wrapped around my wrist. The hand pulled me closer to its attached body, who's owner was waiting expectantly. As the owner tilted their head, my cheeks and tips of my ears burned a scarlet red. Their head moved in towards mine, our breath began to mix with each others. A deep scent of cheesecake and cologne filled my lungs, and before I knew it, thick lips were crashing onto mine.

 

At first I was caught off guard, unsure of how to react. I was actually kissing Jung Daehyun? His moist, recently lips continued to push into my chapped ones. I began to kiss him back, once I finally regained my composure. This all felt so right. So much for tricking Daehyun into believing I didn't have any feelings for him anymore, because boy would that have been one big lie.

 

I don't know how long the kiss lasted, nor did I care. It wasn't anything too intimate. No tongue, nor lip bitting, just the two of us molding our lips together. And I couldn't be more satisfied with what I got.

 

The older's lips were soft on mine. His grip on my wrist was still prominent, with varying levels of strength holding on for the length of the kiss. Our bodies fit into each other's like a puzzle piece, and our body heat radiated onto one another. 

 

After who knows how long, Daehyun slowly pulled away from me, making sure he exhaled gently into my face as he did. His mouth pulled into a smug smile, as mine followed suit. Our breath mixed in with one another's. We remained in each others warm embrace for quite some time, until the idol decided to speak. "So, Youngjae, how about that date?" The smile on his face now became a smirk.

 

"Oh please, Daehyun. It's not a date, and you know that." Or at least it wasn't a date, before. My expression was now stern.

 

Daehyun chuckled and he muttered, as he opened the door "Sure, whatever you say Youngjae."  

 

 

 

 


A/N: Well that turned out completely different than I had originally planned. I actually wasn't going to have them kiss until they went to the amusement park, and this was supposed to be the amusement park chapter.

I cut it off here, because I didn't want to torture you guys with no updates for any longer.

I think there will be 2-3 more chapters in this fanfic, plus an epilogue.

Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. Thanks for all the comments, upvotes and subscribers they all mean a ton to me!