01

Unexpected

 

--

 

Click. Click. Click. 25 videos. 8 hours.

 

 

Oh, hi there. My name's Yoo Youngjae, 17 years old. As you might have already noticed I have no life, well besides the fact that I spend all my time looking up pictures of my favorite idols, or watching variety shows that of course feature my favorite stars.

 

There is this one idol who always manages to capture my attention. He is a year older than me, half a centimeter taller than me, has dark brown hair, and chocolaty brown eyes (yes I know a lot about him as you can see, call me a stalker if you want, I don't care I know what I am). I could go on forever describing his impeccable nature, but I would probably end up boring you guys. So to cut to the chase, his name is Jung Daehyun. Yeah I know some of you might think it's strange that me a guy is so infatuated with another guy, but that's just who I am.

 

To be honest, everything about him is perfect. His voice, his personality, his appearance- I'll stop there.

 

Not only do I just love him for who he is, but for what he inspires me to do. I always have had an interest in music, but I've been too embarrassed and afraid to actually take initiative. Daehyun actually motivated me to peruse music in a more serious manner. I look up to him I want to be like him, standing on that grand stage, performing in front of millions of screaming fans.

 

"Youngjae!" My daydreaming and video marathon was cut short due to a very loud and currently unpleasant voice. It belonged to my brother, who always happened to tease me for my love for idols,"still watching your boyfriend, aren't you?" he teased as I noticed he was now leaning against the door frame. "Well whatever the you're doing, just get your downstairs because the food's ready." He stormed away probably going back downstairs to eat, but not that I really cared much.

 

My brother and I used to have a fair relationship...but after I entered high school, everything seemed to have changed. Well here goes nothing, Let story time begin!

 

It all started when my parents broke the news to us that we would be moving to a new house, and along with that new house came a new school for both of us. Well, I was going to enter a new school anyway, but none of my old friends would be attending this school. It was all still going to be in Seoul, the town we resided in at the time, but it kind of still freaked me out, never having experienced what it was like to move before. At this new school, there weren't that many people that immediately caught my attention, let alone me being able to capture someone's attention. I had never been a very sociable person to begin with and a new environment didn't help at all.

 

I spent most of my freshman year in the library, reading books during lunch, instead of conversing with fellow students as most others did. Well in that library I happened to run into another newcomer. His name was Moon Jongup, and we still happen to be best friends today as a matter of fact. Jongup was the one who introduced me to the life of stanning idols. He wasn't and isn't as obsessed, I guess you could say, as I am. The topic somehow came up when I was singing while I was in the middle of searching the extensive aisles and shelves for a good novel to read. The younger somehow heard my voice and was fascinated by it, quickly expressing how he wanted to become a famous dancer.

 

Eventually our conversations began to get deeper as we got more accustomed to each other's presence. Then the one fateful day came that the brunette decided to show me his inspirations and influences. All of this intrigued me, so I got home and began searching for people that might inspire my singing, since I wanted to improve further. Soon I found several idols that inspired me, and slowly I started to get besotted with them.

 

During all this time, I had begun to shut myself in my room more often. This did not please my parents nor my brother. Before all of this, my brother and I were basically inseparable. We always did everything together, never leaving each other behind. After the move, the new school, my new interests, I guess our connection slowly faded. So the most logical reason he constantly teased me over idols, was the fact that it ruined our relationship. He was basically mad at me/them/us. I don't blame him. I knew what I had become, and it wasn't very pleasant to think about.

 

Back to the present, dinner right. I idly excused myself from my cozy bedroom and lumbered down the stairs, moving like a turtle. Once I entered the kitchen I was greeted by the familiar smells of my mother's delectable cooking. Mmmmm kimchi. "Oh there you are Youngjae," the same voice from before mocked, "it's about time you got here you lazy-" I could tell he held himself back from cursing considering our mom was in the room. "What did your boyfriend hold you back too much. Did he not want you to leave him behind?" I ignored his snide remarks.

 

"Youngmin, stop badgering your brother. You know it annoys him so please stop." My mom defended me in these situations most of the time, which I was thankful for, even though my obsession sometimes annoyed her as well.

 

I sighed and continued on like nothing had occurred.

 

--

 

I banged my head on my desk repeatedly. It hurt but I didn't care. Nobody seemed to be paying attention to me anyway, not even the teacher who was too busy lecturing away. School was always easy for me, and that still applied in this class. So then why did I bang my head on the you may ask, it's simple I was bored and wanted this class to be over already.

 

5 minutes left. C'mon bell ring already. I stopped banging and instead rested my head on the desk since I had begun to get a headache. Slowly, my eyes began drooping down. I caught myself sleeping several times, but unfortunately just as I was about to doze off, the bell happened to ring. Well it was good in some parts, since I finally got to go home and continue my routine, or so I thought. As I stepped out of the unpleasant classroom, my phone vibrated, which indicated my that I had a text waiting for me. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and read:

Youngjae, while you're on your way home can you stop by the store and pick up some rice. Love you.

It was from my mom. I guess a short stop wouldn't hurt much.

 

I maneuvered my way around the students who still happened to be lingering in the halls. It was funny how one second the school could be completely silent, so silent you could even hear a mouse scurry across the floor, and the next thing you know it's so loud you can't even hear yourself think.

 

Once I reached the end of the corridor, I pushed open the large, wooden doors, and took in a whiff of the fresh autumn air. As I walked along the sidewalk, my feet crunched against the fallen multicolored leaves  The wind was chilly which caused me to shiver a bit and pull my uniform coat tighter around my slim body. My black bangs whipped around the top of my head. "Great now my hair's gonna be all messed up," I mumbled to myself disapprovingly as I saw her come into view. Ah, and there she was, sleek, vibrant, shiny and mine. Yes, the car that I somehow managed to buy with money that I had collected from my part time job and some money from my parents, but mostly my money. I honestly sometimes wondered how I did it.

 

--

 

My foot padded on the asphalt, as once again I tugged at my blazer. It really was starting to feel like winter was right around the corner. I exhaled and watched as my breath condensate in the air. After making sure I locked my car, I made my way towards the grocery store. Rice. Rice. Rice. Rice. Rice I repeated to myself just in case I forgot what I came here for. Quickly, I strode towards the rice aisle and ensured that I selected the correct brand. Subconsciously, I began to sing, already eager to get home. A curt nod and slight grin were followed by my abrupt turn, which caused something unexpected to transpire.

 

"Ouch! Watch where you're going!" I muttered irritably as I looked upwards wanting to see the careless jerk who caused the impact. My mouth agape at who my eyes had laid upon. I couldn't believe who was standing in front of me, in real life, in person! All the pain from colliding into this being had faded away and now all I could feel was my heart pounding against my chest uncontrollably. I could already feel a deep blush creeping onto my face. "I-I-I-I-"

 

I was cut off by a familiar yet captivating voice. It had the perfect depth with a hint of satoori shining through. "What cat got your tongue?" The voice was mocking yet playful and a bit loud, but not an annoying loud. They smirked at me, their plump lips curling upwards as their pearly whites were revealed. A slight chuckle leaked out of them, "You look like I just touched you there, calm down would ya," their eyes flicked downwards towards my crotch as they uttered those words.

 

Jung Daehyun. His attitude was way different onstage than off.

 

 

 

 


A/N: Wow I finally finished the first chapter. It's way harder to write than I remember, but I still really like it. Anyways sorry if this chapter was a little boring or slow I wanted you guys to get to know Youngjae well. To be honest I don't ship in kpop but I got ideas while reading amazing fanfics on this site that it inspired me to write some myself. After all, I'm a er for good fanfic. I don't know how frequently I'll update, but I'll try to update as often as I can. Sometimes I'm pretty busy with school, and also I have to be in the mood to write, so maybe there will be updates every two weeks, hopefully. Anyways, thanks for reading my story and I hope you guys support it, and maybe subscribe and leave a comment.

P.S: I didn't want to use Youngjae's real brother in the story, to respect him, so instead I created a fictional one. Sorry if that confused you.