03

Unexpected

 

 

--

 

 

Lately, the little Daevil had begun to creep his way into my life.

 

First it started off with constant text messages Then, there was the "Oh Youngjae, what are you doing here?" moments, which weren't much of a coincidence of me happening to run into him, but more of a I told him where I was and he followed. Basically he was stalking me?

 

Honestly, I questioned how Daehyun managed to have so much free time on his hands. Yeah he had released his latest comeback a couple months back, so he had no promotions to worry about, but didn't he have other things to work on. Usually idols are pretty busy people, and he was starting to contradict that.

 

All those times we met up even for just a brief second I got to see a new side of Daehyun. And by new side, I mean a completely new side. It's like his personalty never stayed constant, but I was determined to find out what his real nature was like. I wanted to know what things triggered certain aspects of his persona.

 

--

 

So the one day came that Daehyun asked me a very expected question.

 

DH: Hey Youngjae! I'm bored. We should hang out. If you say no you won't live to see tomorrow. :D

That was so nice and convincing. Wow Daehyun so mature. Of course he would add a stupid emoticon at the end too.

YJ: Why would I want to hang out with you?

DH: Cuz I'm irresistible duh. You don't have much of a choice, even if you say no I'll find you and force you to come.

YJ: How charming of you. Fine I'll give you a chance just don't be the douchebag you are k?

DH: No promises, meet me where we met

 

Ugh why was he so demandingly annoying.

 

I lifted myself off my unmade bed, and picked up my jacket and car keys on the way out the door.

 

On the car ride to the market, I pondered over all the possible places that Daehyun could and would want to take me. Some of the thoughts weren't very pleasant, but some were quite nice. They were all fantasies which was disappointing yet a blessing.

 

Once I arrived at the store, my eyes laid upon the familiar man, whom happened to summon me here. He was more covered up than usual. Daehyun donned a black mask which covered the lower half of his face, a large yet comfortable looking sweatshirt who's hood was pulled over his fluffy brown hair, an ordinary pair of jeans and shoes. Overall his outfit was quite simple and boring, but this clothing style made me assume he was going to take me somewhere populated.

 

Now the idol made me think of what I was wearing. I glanced down at my outfit which consisted of a button down blue shirt, a pair of gray ripped jeans, black shoes, and the green jacket I had picked up before I came. Satisfied with my clothing, I stepped out of my precious car, making sure I locked it behind me.  

 

Even though the vocalist was wearing a mask, I could tell he smiled, when he noticed I came out of the car, by the way his eyes curved into small crescents. I made my way over to the older. "So where are you taking me?" I interrogated him curiously.

 

"Oh you'll see." The older chuckled amused at me, and stopped me when he noticed I was headed towards my car, "Hey where do you think you're going? I'm taking you there, I do have my own car you know. You can just leave yours here, plus you don't even know where we're going." Wow that was sure unexpected, honestly I hadn't even thought of how the ride there was going to work, so luckily Daehyun already had it planned out.

 

The ride to wherever the hell Daehyun was taking me was very quiet. That is until the idol decided to fill me in on his little secret. "Hey Youngjae, guess what?"

 

"What?" Of course me being the curious person I am had to ask.

 

"I don't have my driver's license." He started laughing maniacally, while I just looked at him in disbelief.

 

"How could you just drive without one?! And with me in the car! What if you crash!? Or what if the cops find out you don't have a license?! Are you ing kidding me right now Jung Daehyun! Stop the damn car so I can get off!" While I spewed out my little rant, Daevil just happened to continue laughing his off. "This isn't funny Daehyun!" Still laughing. I was starting to begin this was a joke or either Daehyun was just really obnoxious, either one wouldn't surprise me.

 

"I was just kidding, I wouldn't take such a risk, or would I?" I slapped him hard across his arm, hopefully it left a mark.

 

--

 

The brunette stopped the car outside of a lusciously green park. I glanced over at him, and he just smiled. Okay, I admit when he smiled at me I still melted inside. I couldn't deny that he actually was very attractive. Definitely, I was never going to tell him such a thing. It would make his head even bigger than it already was, if that was even possible.

 

"C'mon Youngjae let's go," he beckoned for me to trail after him, which I did. "I'm gonna take you on a walk, in the park." Daehyun extended his arms above his head and spun around in circles. Oh how dorky he looked.

 

"Just a walk in the park? That's it?" I feinted to be disinterested and crestfallen.

 

"What did you think? I was going to take you to Paris or something." We both laughed. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all.

 

Most of our stroll went smoothly. As we meandered our way around the park, we exchanged small talk. Things to get to know each other better. As we reached the small pond located at the center of the park, Daehyun lead me to stand at the edge of the water with him. We stared into the water, which in turn reflected it back at us.

 

I broke the silence. "How come you have so much free time? You know you being able to take me on this walk. You frequently texting and running into me. I thought idols had pretty busy lives with little opportunity for breaks." He glanced at me and then back at his reflection.

 

"It's because I was tired of it all. So, I decided to take a break." I could tell he was evading the question in a way by leaving out key points. Strange. He fiddled with his fingers and scratched the back of his neck.

 

"It's okay Daehyun, you can tell me what's up. I promise I won't tell anybody." I reassured him.

 

"You promise?" 

 

"I promise."

 

The elder let out a deep sigh. "The truth is that I was tired of all the hard work. It was getting repetitive and boring in a way, so I decided a break would be a good thing. I decided not to tell anybody besides my managers because honestly I don't care much for my fans." Wait did you just hear that too? "They're honestly so annoying and invasive. Why did I get stuck with all the sasaengs? You would know what I was talking about if you were in my position." I kind of started filtering him out at that point. Honestly, I was so pissed off. Who did he think he was? An idol not being thankful for their fans. What type of sorcery was this?! I couldn't stand him anymore. He crossed the line.

 

My face remained vexed as I flounced my way home. I ran. I bolted out of there as fast as I could. Honestly, he didn't deserve all of the fame he had. 

 

 

 

 


A/N: I'm so sorry this chapter took so long. Honestly, this chapter wasn't very planned out, so sorry if it's bad. Hopefully the next one won't take as long, especially now since I have the rest planned out, but no promises.

It's been so long that I'm not even sure if any of you are even interested in this story anymore. 

Anyways, I hope you guys liked it. Thanks for all of the subscriptions, comments, and upvotes! I really appreciate it all!