02

Unexpected

 

--

 

I saw that Jung Daehyun. I saw that. "You ing soggy potato!" fuming at his crude behavior, "keep your eyes off my stuff!" The idol looked at me incredulously as if he had just seen a horse shove a carrot up it's , ok yes I come up with the strangest things when I'm mad. His look made me wonder if anyone had ever spoken to him in such a way before.

 

"The only reason I was looking at your 'stuff' was because I wanted you to get the damn hint, or do you want me to say instead? Huh, is that want you want, moldy asparagus?" Oh now he'd done it. Trying to be all clever and stuff. Tch, imitating my insults. Come up with your own fart nugget.

 

Wait, woah woah woah. Did I just yell at Daehyun. The Jung Daehyun. Had all my embarrassment just vanished in an instant? What was this sorcery?! It's like his trifling conduct had completely made me throw caution to the wind. What was I thinking, he probably hated my guts now. Hold on a minute. He had also yelled back at me. Seriously what was going on, we were acting like we had known each other for years. You know that familiarity that you  develop with each other, that you can joke around with each other on several topics. Yeah, there were still those sensitive topics that you knew not to joke about, but you knew when and how to be rude and funny at the same time without hurting each others feelings. Did that even make sense? Did that reference even fit here? Well whatever you get my point.

 

I heard the older tisk as release the breath he was holding, while I was too busy hiding my face into my sweaty palms. "So, that voice of yours." I lifted my head up and peered at the male, wondering where he was going with this. "You can sing. And I can tell you're pretty damn good at it." Did Daehyun just compliment my singing. Oh. My. ing. God. Daehyun just complimented my singing! I was too busy fanboying to notice that the brunette had uttered something else.

 

I probably looked like a complete idiot right now, but I honestly couldn't care less. My life was complete.

 

"So, what do you say?" Suddenly I was broken out of my trance by a louder intonation of Daehyun's voice.

 

"Wait, uh, what, sorry, I didn't hear what you said," I muttered sheepishly while I brought my hand up to my mouth and gnawed at my fingernails. Biting my fingernails was a habit I frequently did, and most of the time without me even noticing.

 

An inkling of annoyance was portrayed by the look he gave me. "I said, that your voice is amazing. You should think about auditioning for the company I work under, and see if you can become a trainee. Because to be honest I doubt you'd even need much training since you're already so good." Okay. So, he had gotten all of this from just the few seconds he had heard me singing. Now I felt extra special. "So what do you say?" he repeated his question eagerly, a big dorky smile plastered on his face.

 

Um I didn't know what to say. The thought seemed astonishing, unreal somehow. My favorite idol asked me to audition to become an idol myself. These dreams had crossed my mind before, but I never thought I would actually pursue such a career. Up until now I had always thought I would become a doctor, but now Daehyun was making me second guess that.

 

Becoming a singer didn't seem that bad. After all I've always had an interest in singing. Maybe I should give it a shot. If I got recruited then I could continue on, but if I didn't then I would always have something to bounce back on.

 

I made up my mind.

 

I shifted my gaze towards Daehyun, who was anticipating me earnestly. "That sounds great. I'd love to." Just as I spoke those words, his whole face lit up like a Christmas tree. The idol lost his composure as he shouted triumphantly while jumping up and down like a kangaroo.

 

This guy. His personality could change in the blink of an eye. At first he seemed so invasive and courageous, but now he was so, well, childish and carefree. It was refreshing yet extremely confusing. I couldn't help it, but to fall for him more for that very reason.

 

Before I knew it, the older pulled a card out of his ripped jeans' pocket. "Oh I almost forgot you'll need this." he held out his hand urging me to take the card. I followed his actions and skimmed the card while Daehyun continued, "It says everything you need to know about auditioning on there, and if you ever need something else there's a little something extra on there." His last words suggested something crude as he gave me a bawdy wink. I scanned the card hunting for whatever the idol was talking about.

 

Then I found it. It was his number. Ok, why would he even have that written on this card? I could tell he wrote it himself since it was in marker instead of being printed on the page.

 

"Ok, why do you have this card, first off. Secondly, why would you write your number on it?"

 

Jung Daehyun chuckled amused by my questions, "Well first off, the company I work under makes me carry them in case I find someone promising. And I just did. Oh and the number is in case someone piques my interest. And you just did." The brunette turned away from me and waved, "Well guess I better get going,"

 

"Wait." He stopped in his tracks and turned around. "I-I was kind of wondering if I could get your autograph, and m-maybe even a picture." Daehyun's serious expression was soon replaced. Now he was laughing nonstop. His face was beginning to turn a deep shade of red, as tears formed in the corner of his now crescent shaped eyes. His stunningly bright smile was smothered on his face once again, as his loud laugh echoed across the whole market.

 

"You can be such a typical fan. You even ask all nervously after you were talking to me like we'd known each other for all of our lives." He paused to wipe the tears at the corners of his brown eyes. "Of course you can, you know you could have asked earlier." All of this had caused me to become my red-faced self again.

 

I quickly dug my phone out of my pocket and luckily a pen and stray piece of paper, that I carelessly had shoved into my pockets earlier during school. Accidently I was about to hand Daehyun my phone, until I caught myself and switched it for the pen and paper. He shook his head, and effortlessly gave me his signature clearly expressing he had done this five million times before.

 

While he handed back the piece of paper, Daehyun asked curiously, "You never told me your name, what is it?" He smiled showing he genuinely cared and wanted to know.

 

"Youngjae. Yoo Youngjae." I smiled happily, attempting to show gratitude towards his questioning.

 

Now I switched gears and opened the camera function on my phone. I outstretched my hand, angling it above my head, as the star nudged himself closer to me. He quickly posed for the camera, giving it a casual V sign. I simply smiled, embarrassed and unsure of what to do, and quickly snapped the picture.

 

Once I lowered my hand, I let out a deep sigh, glad that the butterflies in my stomach had decided to take a break. "You better send that to me, or I'll find your sorry and make you send it to me." Daehyun? His voice sounded so menacing and stern.

 

I turned around to contemplate the idol, but when I did he wasn't there anymore.

 

I guess he had left in my brief moment of fear. Now I had no choice but to send the selfie to him. Why was I so afraid though? That tone he had used was so...intimidating. I never thought he had such a ominous side to him. Yet I also didn't know he had so many different personalities that changed every second. Why did I like him again?

 

I exhaled. I had to tell Jongup what had just happened.

 

--

 

Jongup guess what? :D

I looked at my phone, and sent the text eagerly awaiting his response.

What? :o

That sure was a quick reply, which wasn't very common for him since he was usually up to something else.

I met him! Him Jongup him!

I decided I wanted to play with the younger for a bit.

Who? Is this who I think it is? Don't tell me you met Chris Brown! And without me :(

I laughed admiring Jongup's reply.

No lol I met DAEHYUN!!!!! And he gave me his number too ;)

I took a picture of the card the idol had handed to me earlier, and sent it to my best friend along with the message. After all I trusted Jongup with the information, he wasn't the type to use things to his advantage.

Wait that reminded me I still had to send Daehyun the picture we took together. I better do that soon since I don't want my whooped.

Wah! Lucky! Wait what's that card say?

I smiled I remembered I wanted to ask Jongup if he wanted to come audition with me. After giving him all of the details, he agreed and said he would tag along and audition as well. Maybe this could start both of our artistic careers.

 

--

 

My room was so nice and cozy, completely opposite from the harsh gusts of wind outside. Plus there was that annoying sound of the leaves scraping against the concrete. Even through there was all of that, I always liked fall. It was right before winter, which was probably my favorite season of them all. The snow was so beautiful, and mood was so nice as well.

 

I snuggled up on my neatly made bed, and picked up the fluffy yellow pillow that had been resting on my headboard. The pillow was so warm, comfortable, and familiar, it always made me feel at home. I remember my brother gave it to me as a gift when I was about seven. Ironic huh? Yeah another glimpse of how close we used to be. We got Christmas presents for each other, when we were in elementary school. I don't even know how we did it, we barely managed to scramble a couple won together from our allowance.

 

One time my brother sniffed the pillow, a couple of weeks after he gave it to me, and mentioned that it smelt like me. Ah the nostalgia. Sometimes I craved for our friendship once again. Correction: I craved for it all the time.

 

My phone buzzed in my pocket. The metallic device, rubbing against my leg. I tugged it out of my pants and noticed it was just a pesky notification.

 

Wait! That reminded me I needed to text Daehyun. Wow that sounded so weird, it was like this was some natural thing I did daily, with someone I knew for a while.

 

I slid my sweaty palms against the touch screen of my phone to unlock it. Already I had begun to get nervous. Repeating the same motions as before, I retrieved the card from my pockets. Carefully, I entered in the number that was scribbled on the paper.

 

I gulped, and began typing in my message.


Hey Daehyun, it's Youngjae. The guy you met earlier at the market.

I decided to keep it simple. I read over the text about 56161848763015648 times to make sure it was ok. Reluctantly, I complied and sent it like that. I leaned back causing myself to fall onto my bed. Right as I did that, my phone vibrated. I spazzed out and almost dropped my phone when I picked it up.

Hey! You didn't send the picture~~~~~~~ I'm gonna find your skimpy and shove a pencil up it if you don't send me the damn pic  D-:<

​I choked on my own spit as I read his text. , this boy could be so weird, yet strangely attractive and funny.

Calm down! Here's your damn pic :P

I attached the selfie to the message. This time I sent it quickly without any doubts.

Thank you babe <3 look at you being a little devil and putting a :P face

Ok what the hell. First he called me "babe," next he teases me about about something insignificant.

Shut up, you're the Daevil

 

​I smirked, satisfied with my text for once. I locked my phone and smiled. Chuckling, I tossed myself back onto my soft bed. Already I could feel that our relationship would become an interesting one. I was really looking forward to getting to know Jung Daehyun better. 

 

 

 

 


A/N : Phew I'm done with chapter two. I hope you guys enjoyed it.. Sorry if it was a bit boring. A good part of it was just text messages :$ But I updated way sooner than I expected

I put a little more of Jongup in the story since I want to develop his relationship with Youngjae more and let you guys know him a bit more. 

And Daehyun. Daehyun. Ah Jung Daehyun. ing bias  I can't wait to develop his character further too

I hope you guys keep supporting my story, and thanks for all of those who have commented, subscrribed, and read my fanfic. I hope more of you guys keep doing that :-D Thanks!