04

Unexpected

 

 

--

 

 

I buried my face into my soft pillow, that now seemed a little too soft considering my bitter mood. How long had it been since I ran away? 30 minutes? 40 minutes? An hour? Time was of no importance to me at the moment, all I wanted was to shut myself away from the inconsiderate bastard, that happened to have ruined my perfectly good mood.

 

I can't believe I was so lovestruck at first. So oblivious to the world in front of me. Honestly, I didn't know how I had felt towards him previous to the incident, but one thing was for sure that I no longer had the same fondness towards him as I did before. Had I never even thought of the possibility of him being like this? I should have never automatically assumed he was the same onstage as off. That was probably the worst mistake of my life, and now it brought me here. Oh how I wish I wasn't so shallow.

 

My phone remained silent on the nightstand next to my bed. I lifted my left arm to reach for my phone, and unlocked it unveiling no calls, texts, or messages that I could have missed. This was all happening so subconsciously that I couldn't quite process what I was actually doing. 

 

Probably, I was wishing that Daehyun would inform me as to why he acted that way, I was a curious person after all. It really did bother me though. It felt like the curiosity was digging into my brain, not stopping until the question was answered.

 

I felt tears begin to roll down my pale cheeks once again. It's not that I was sad, I was frustrated. Why did he get all the fame, when he wasn't even grateful of it. Many people would do anything to have thousands of fans screaming their names, but Daehyun had it all and said he hated it. Is it really not how it's painted it on the media? What he said actually really wounded me as well considering I am, well more like was, one of his fans.

 

My irritation was cut short when a forceful knock resounded through my room. Was that coming from the window? Who the could possibly be outside my window right now? No normal person would climb to the second story of a house to go in through the window, well unless they had a really good reason. My thoughts were once again interrupted by a knocking sound, but except this time I turned my head towards the window. And to my surprise I saw a certain brunette squatting on the roof of my house, waiting outside my window.

 

Oh my god. Why couldn't he be a normal human being and use the door? Oh wait, but that's because he isn't a normal human being. Seeing his ugly face only steamed me up further. He had the ing nerve to come to my house, and somehow, I don't even want to know how, got onto the roof.

 

I put the most on the most irked face I could possibly conjure. The look he put on his face looked apologetic and pleading, but I couldn't care less. I was mad at him after all. 

 

He knocked again, only this time it was louder. Now he knew for sure that he had my attention. I realized Daehyun wouldn't stop until he got his way, he was quite the persistent type. The idol pressed his hands together, as if saying a prayer, and begged for me to open the window. I could see him mouth words, but it was futile on his part, since I couldn't hear him. The older probably wanted to explain his rash actions, but actually I didn't think I was ready for this yet. Still frustrated at Daehyun, I grabbed my precious yellow pillow, and threw it harshly at the window. It collided with the window and then plopped onto the carpet. Behind the window, a perplexed Daehyun was staring back at me.

 

I discerned a buzz coming from my nightstand, as my phone lit up which indicated me of a new notification. The screen read:

 

Youngjae please open the window. I beg of you. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound like that! If you open up, I can explain. I'm sorry please. I'll do anything...I just don't want to see you hurt like this anymore...

 

It took me a while to get all my thoughts together. I probably looked really stupid and spaced-out to Daehyun, but who cares? I thought about letting him in and letting him finish his story, after all I did leave him mid-sentance. Also, I was really itching to find out what more could have made him say that. So I decided to reply:

 

Anything? Ok, fine, but it better be good or I'll make you leave.

 


I glanced back at the window and noticed a grateful grin appear on the brunette's face. I opened the window to let him inside, but before I could even open my mouth to say something, strong arms were wrapped around my body. "Thank you, thank you so much," his gratitude oozed out,making me feel all sappy.

 

"Yeah, yeah, now explain," I cut him off short. He saw that one coming as he took a deep sigh, and released me. 

 

"I didn't mean for it to sound like I wasn't grateful to all to my fans, I know it sounded like that, but that's not what I meant. I was just clouded so much by all of the bad fans, that I forgot about all the good fans. Lately, they had begun to tick me off, so I guess it just put me on edge. But there's so many amazing and wonderful fans I have," he paused for a moment and mumbled something that was barely audible,not loud enough that I could hear which really molested me, "and I just feel so bad for it now. How could I forget them like that? I can tell that I hurt your feelings too," he looked at my face, then I suddenly realized that I had been crying a few minutes ago, and my face was still all red and puffy. "I really care about my fans, please don't get me wrong. To be honest, the schedules were getting a bit tiring, and sometimes boring and tedious at times. Do you remember when you asked me why I had that flyer and card with me?" I nodded. "Well that's because I was thinking of finding someone that I could possibly form a duet with...well that was you...as you can see now. Then, maybe the schedules would be more entertaining, since there would be someone else to keep me company." He released the breath he had been holding, after spewing out all of his thoughts. "I'm sorry, once again, Youngjae. I really am."

 

Daehyun looked up at me, his brown eyes boring into mine. He looked so hurt and apologetic. Great, yet more emotions to add to my already infinite list. I sighed and reluctantly spoke, "It's okay. I understand now...I guess." A slight smile crept on his face, and his arms were around me once again.

 

His warm breath tickled my bare ears, "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." A yearning tone was inked into his words.

 

I couldn't help but notice how our bodies molded so well into each other's. How his muscular arms wrapped around my slim yet broad shouldered frame, and how our warmth radiated into each other's embrace. I felt the older's fingers rack into  the back of my shirt, probably causing it to become all wrinkled, but I couldn't care less. Honestly, I could have spent all day wrapped up with Daehyun, that was until I felt something wet seep through my shirt and onto my shoulders.

 

The idol's head was now resting on my shoulder. I could hear him sniffle even though he tried to hide it. I placed my hands on his shoulders and pushed him back far enough so that I could face him. He was crying.

 

"What's wrong Daehyun?" I poured deep concern into my inquiry.

 

"Nothing, it's just that I'm really happy that someone finally understands me." Daehyun smiled at me exposing his pearly whites.

 

But the thing was, I didn't understand him, not yet at least.

 

I wasn't even sure how I was feeling anymore.

 

Daehyun came into my life and just turned it upside down. Not only did I have to deal with trying to unscramble the puzzle that was Daehyun's persona, but I also had to stay aware of my own emotions. And right now, I just didn't know what I felt anymore.

 

If I told myself that I wasn't attracted to Daehyun anymore, I would be lying to myself, but I also wouldn't call it the love I had for him before either. Now it was different, he made me feel more emotions than I did when I was the obsessive fanboy. I wouldn't necessarily say in a bad way, but not all of them were so pleasant. The new Daehyun, or should I say the original Daehyun, the one behind the cameras, had begun to grow on me. I didn't even know if it was just his looks that were still managing to allure me, or if I was actually falling for him. Or maybe I was just lost in the moment, because of that one convincing hug we shared. If this wasn't love yet, then what was it? Or if it was love, then did Daehyun feel the same way?

 

 

 

 


A/N: This chapter was way more complicating to end than I expected. I'm still not too pleased with how it turned out. 

On another note, sorry for taking a while to update. I actually wrote the first 2/3 of it in about a week but I didn't feel in the writing mood until today. Anyways finals week is this week and it's the last days before winter break. So I'm not sure yet if I'll write the next chapter during those two weeks. So there might not be an update for another month, hopefully it doesn't take that long, but I don't know yet.

Why are my A/N always so long? 

Anyways thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed the chapter. By the way the DaeJae starts more intensely in the next chapter. Sorry if I kept you waiting for so long, I really wanted to build on their characters before I did anything.

Thanks for all the comments and subscribers. I love you ♥