Han Ae

The Wolf Lily

    Having to be lead to my class like a dog didn't bring back very decent memories. The door opened to kids laughing and screaming and jumping, and just being obnoxious."This is it buddy."  Chanyeol gestured to the room with a big grin spread across his face. "Look at it all. Our little paradise."
    "Oh come on," Xiumin gave him a questioning look. "Don't even try to fool yourself. This isn't a paradise, it's a prison."
    They don't even know the meaning of the word prison.
    Suho lifted Chanyeol's hand away from my shoulder. "Let him settle down before he comes in," he said giving me a small reassuring smile after he saw my grimacing face.
    Both of the other boys bowed their heads slightly to me and walked over to their seats in the center of the room. I took a breath and sauntered in. Some of my new classmates noticed me--but their eyes held no regard--while others didn't even look up. I scanned their faces and noticed the same girl from before. I gaped and froze. Could she have the picture of me and my Kris?
    She looked at me with wonder and puzzlement. Then she laid her hand on the red folder sitting on her desk. I began to step closer to her, pacing my self at first then faster, until I heard my name being called. I looked back at the front of the room where the voice had come from. The teacher, a kind looking woman, had called my name. "Luhan correct?"
    I nodded.
    "Could you please sit in the seat by the window?" She asked not unkindly, but I felt disappointed.
    I looked back at the girl and rolled my eyes. I crossed the room and sat at the desk by the window.
    I understood nothing of what the teacher was saying. But yet she kept blabbering on for hours. From what I could tell  only a handful of students even cared the slightest about our lessons. I just hoped she stopped talking, or lost her voice, or passed out. Either would have been nice; especially passing out.
    Finally, the woman stopped talking and sat the white chalk she was using down back on the rack below the green board. "Alright, gym starts in five minutes. Better hurry before Coach Baek gets angry."
    ***
    I wasn't quite sure what a locker room was. I just assumed it was a place we stored our things, like the lockers along the walls. I watched the kids of my class walk into the room while I sat hugging my knees with only wonders of what this so called gym class entailed. When I looked up I saw the boys were wearing only underwear and the girls were barely covered by satin lingerie. I stood up, almost tripping over myself. "What are they doing?" I asked to no one in particular.
    " Hey, aren't you going to change?" Chanyeol asked. He was also in red underwear just like the other boys..
    I stared at him, unsure of what to ask. I didn't care about his revealed skin, seeing as I spent most of my life stretched out on a cold white table or dressed in chains. But, I assumed most humans tried to cover themselves from others of their species. "Why are all of you in your underwear?"
    I felt like I missed something, because the happy, smily, Chanyeol was just kind of staring at me blankly. "Do you not swim in China or something? We're swimming. Have you never swam before?"
    Before I could respond Suho crossed over to us. "You need to hurry and get dressed! We only have a few minutes left."
    "What do I need?" I finally asked. Maybe now I would be informed about their satin underwear.
    Just then, Suho's expression changed and he nodded his head. "You don't have your swimming gear because this is your first day and nobody told you to bring it."
    Chanyeol nodded and opened his mouth in a O shape and blew out air. "You'll be excused then."
    Something glittery, I think they called it sequence, glittered in the corner of my eye. I looked and caught that girl in my gaze. She had to know something about my picture. I excused myself--well, really I just stood up and walked away and crossed the pool floor to that girl. "Hey, can I ask you a question?"
    The girl turned around and looked at me. She must not have followed me that day, or else she would have saw that small massacre. She seemed rather calm. "Yes? Do you need something?"
    "Were you on top of the factory roof three days ago?"
    I saw her eyes scan my cheek where the bullet that the WOLF members had grazed my skin. Her eyes relaxed seeing nothing but a smoothed, non-scarred surface. However, a tall boy with dark hair, and sharp features walked up behind the girl. He took her wrist and pulled her behind him. "Are you okay Han Ae?" He looked at me, "You said you were on the factory roof? What were you doing? Did you fire at her?"
    "Oppa!" The girl, Han Ae, spoke in my defense. "I wasn't fired at, and the boy who was there was cut on his cheek."
    The boy ignored her and looked back at me. "How did you know then?"
    I stepped closer to the boy, my eyes focused. "I don't think that's any of your concern."
    His black eyes glared down at me. He also took a step forward, challenging my dominance. My lips quirked and I closed my eyes, hiding the color change. Before he could put his foot down in his new place, he was pushed back, a force against his chest. His eyes opened wide and he stared at me in a mixture of shock and horror. 
    "You must have slipped."
    "I never just slip."
    As the tension in the air began to grow thicker, a second boy came up to us, "Kai, leave the kid alone." The new comer put his arm around my shoulder. He had shaggy brown hair and well defined eyes. "Why don't you take your pretty little girlfriend and find your lap dog?"
    "Baekhyun, off," Kai growled.
    "Keep your privet life to yourself," Baekhyun smirked as he watched Kai walk off frustrated with his girl friend in hand. He looked at me and grinned. "Don't let him get to you. He's protective of Han Ae. Overly protective." He laughed and patted my head, messing with my hair as he did so. "Cute little newbie. What clique did you get yourself into anyway?"
    "Clique?" I blinked.
    Baekhyun laughed lightly and rubbed my shoulder. "You're just too precious. There are the Band Geeks consisting of me, Chanyeol, and Xiumin. The goths, the preps, the athletes which is what Kai is so I doubt you are in that clique, and the druggies."
    I looked at Baekhyun in the eyes, "I don't think I'm in any clique. In fact, I don't want to be in a clique at all!"
    He seemed confused at first, but then he just smiled kindly, like Chanyeol and Xiumin did when I first met them. "I know you're scared, but just give us a chance. We want to help you settle in."
    I bit my lip. "Okay," I agreed. "I'll give you a chance. What do I need to do?"
    Baekhyun let go of my shoulder finally. "Just sit with us at lunch.
    For some reason, I felt sick to my stomach. Why do they want me so badly?