03 ⇨ Girls' Day Out

Try to Love

 

The sunshine crept up from the window, making me regret for didn't close it last night. I squinted my eyes, grab the blanket and have it covering my face again.

 

I search for my phone under my pillow and unlock it. The light from the phone isn't as strong as the sunshine, so I can manage it.

 

11.24

 

Damn, did I really being a pig? I've slept for approximately 12 hours. No wonder I wake up without my phone alarm or my human alarm (read: my mom) plus, I didn't even feel sleepy again. I've slept enough, I mean too much.

 

Just in time, Jongmi call me. We chatted for a while, she didn't mention anything from the incident last night. Jongmi really know how to makes people feel better.

 

In the middle of our chat, I felt something. My abdomen is kind of vibrating and it let out a single growl.

 

"You're hungry." Jongmi said in the telephone.

 

"I guess,"

 

"Since your parents are away, let's have a girls' day out!"

 

"Yeah, let's grab our lunch too. I mean breakfast. Or in my case, brunch."

 

"Whatever. Go shower and change. Even I can smell you from here."

 

I chuckled and she ended the call. Between me, Jungah and Jongmi. People will see Jongmi as the quite one. But actually, she is really cool and sometimes can be hilarious with the person who's close enough to her. She is very kind and the smartest among us. Plus, she didn't do anything stupid. I'm kind of lucky to have her as friend.

 

I take a quick shower and wear something comfortable and proper enough to go to a Mall. I take a bus, it takes about 20 minutes and when I get out of the bus, I saw Jongmi's family car.

 

Jongmi opened the door, she bid goodbye to the driver and after she close the door, the car drove away.

 

I waved my hand and she quickly notice me, she waved back and walk towards me.

 

"Let's eat Sushi!" She said while clap her hand like a child.

 

"Okay. I would like Udon, so let's just go to Japanese Restaurant." I agreed. She mumbled "Obviously,"

 

When we arrive at the Restaurant, the place's not very crowded. Sure, there's people who eat there but it still have some empty seats.

 

We took seat at the Sushi bar. I enjoy staring at the walking dishes infront of us. It's like seeing a flowing river of heaven's dish.

 

At the table, there's something like touch screen gadget. Where we can pick our food there.

 

My stomach growling once again and I decided to ordered a bowl of Udon and grab some fushion Sushi. Jongmi ordered nothing but drink since she has the food river infront of her.

 

"We will have a feast." She said with her eyes shining brightly.

 

"Sure, my stomach is going to have another concert if we don't eat."

 

After 15 minutes waiting. The Drinks comes first, then the last is my mouth-watering Udon.

 

We eat it passionately, we didnt even utter a single word while eating because the food is so delicious and I haven't eat my dinner and my breakfast. So it's undersandable to me if I eat like a beast. It's time for me to cover the dishes I've calcelled.

 

We didn't realize we literally shoving every food into our mouth until the last sip of my Ocha. We both look at each other and the pang of giulty feeling hit us.

 

"I can't believe we just eat that all..." Jongmi said in disbelief.

 

"Well, we just did," I sighed and then we laugh. I feel kind of proud for eating almost four-people-portion. And I'm sure Jongmi feel the same.

 

"I wish there's no one from our school saw us eating like pigs earlier." Jongmi still laughing and I start to look around. "I think there's no one,"

 

We paid our food and continue scanning through the Mall. I actually likes everything about fashion and beauty, I like to go shopping and look for some cute things. My fashion sense is pretty good, I'm not a fashion geek. But deep in my heart, I love food more. I've never tried to diet but thanks God to keep me in shape.

 

At the end of the day, I ended up buying a lip product and some maskers. It's about five in the afternoon and my stomach growled once again, so we decided to have dinner first before we go home.

 

We entered a Pasta restaurant. It's not Italian, it just sell various kind of Pasta. I don't know why.

 

After we ordered a plate for each. I checked my phone and replying my parents messages. As usual, they asked me how's my day and whatsoever. They also alarm me to keep safe and try to not burn our house down.

 

I chuckled when reading my father's messages, he is a person with full of jokes. You will automatically laughing even when he just introduce himself, it happens to almost everyone.

 

"Why are you laughing?" Jongmi furrowed her eyebrows with curious.

 

"Dad,"

 

"No surprise," She start chuckling. See? That's the power of my Dad.

 

Dad tell me that if Jongmi didn't mind, maybe I should have a sleepover with her since tomorrow is Sunday. And when I think about it, it's a good idea.

 

It means, no more sleeping alone in that house. Well, it's still my home sweet home and I love it more than any house in the world. But sleeping alone in that house after the incident? No. Last night, luckily I slept automaticly after crying.

 

"Hey," 

 

"What?" She answer when sipping her drink.

 

"You know that I'm alone at home.."

 

"Of course,"

 

"Since tomorrow is Sunday, let's have a sleepover tonight! I will bring marshmallows and some movies!"

 

She go silent for a moment. I guess she's thinking.

 

"Is it fine if my brother's at home?"

 

"Oh, he's home?"

 

"Yes, he just finished his work experience and decided to come home."

 

"I'm perfectly fine with it."

 

Jongmi smile and we do high-five. "I will inform my family." She take her phone from her bag and have a call with someone.

 

We finished our dishes and heading straight to my home. I grab some snacks I bought yesterday, clothes and my toiletries. Luckily, Jungah forgot to bring her little black bag that full of DVDs, so I can bring it to Jongmi's. 

 

After that, we took taxi to Jongmi's house.