Five 5

Fate of Maleficent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: after 2 years and a half, this story is finally updated again. /sighs/ pls forgive me. Just a friendly reminder, my writing would be quite a mess for I haven't written anything /God knows how long lmao/ so hopefully you'll like it nonetheless. xD Enjoy!! 

"Is it a promise?" Asked Sehun as he stood up from his seat at the dining table only to reach for the blueberry jam made by his aunt Flora to hand it over to Fiona who was sitting next to him. They were talking about how Sehun should stop going out to see the outside world, afraid the younger would get hurt but Wu Sehun could not just stay at home when he had someone he always wanted to see, to be close to. 

"I promise to take you somewhere to see someone important if you promise me to stay."  Said Fiona with a smile curling up her lips. There was a curiosity building in Sehun's chest at the sentence spilled by his aunt. None had ever been so important to him other than his only angel. In fact, there would not have any other person whom he thought important for him to acknowlegde. 

But would there be any other he did not know?  Had they been keeping a folded truth he should have known? Sehun was confused and the moment he sat down again next to his aunt, there was a slight discomfort in his eyes which was vivid for his other aunt to notice. 

It was exactly a morning, two days before his birthday which somehow there were mere arguments heard resonated across the house when all the three of his aunts seemed to be having small fights over something he had no idea of. They seemed to be veiling something away from his acknowledgement. 

Tentatively, before his other aunts debated over the words spoken by Fiona, he asked, "Would there be any other important person I did not know aside from all of you, my aunts?" 

"We have never said there would not be," Mary spoke from across the table and chanced a glance at Fiona and Flora who were seemingly waiting for her to continue. Fumbling over thoughts about Sehun's real father, Mary cleared before adding some other ideas to keep the truth veiled from the younger boy. "It's an order from the King to keep you safe..." And she trailed off. The sentence had been wrongly constructed which it clearly confused the younger boy futher and Mary had to bite down her lower lip at the slip of tongue. 

"The King?" Sehun frowned and he could already smell something fishy behind those words. The uncertainty that laced in their voices everytime he tried to ask for his family background and history had him questioning as to why they did not want to carefully explain about it. For all that he deserved to know, he did not think keeping a secret was a good thing. Anything, everything, regardless, he had the rights to know more of his own background. 

"I mean it's your father's order..." And another slipped of tongue from Flora. For all they were trying to hide, the truth had slowly been unfolded without them wanting to. Although it might seem like they were trying to play safe but it was no more to Sehun. He knew something was off and the way how their faces colored in nervousness had him thinking, hard, of why they wanted to keep it away from him. 

"My father?" Sehun enquired again, now with a shaky voice. "The King is my father? You told me my parents were dead." 

"No, sweetie. I mean. uh—, yes, he was dead but he isn't exactly a king... He is just—," 

"Have you all been lying to me all this time?" His voice was low but firmed and his eyes were already flaring with anger. 

 

It was, to Sehun, the hardest thing he had to swallow. After almost sixteen years, he had been living with people he wasn't even related to. His life had been the greatest lies, built from the false truth which locked him up at a certain place he should not call home. The hidden secret was unveiled when Mary decided there should not be any benefits more to keep it. Thus all she did was to narrate him a long story how the younger was placed in the custody of them. 

Words after words, every sentence spilled had him torn and broken. Was there a thing he should not call a lie? Had him been living a life engulfed by none other than false reality? 

As the time ticked by, his aunts had all explained to him as to why he had been living there, away from others, far from the castle, and away from the King himself. Unexpected, the reasons were, and Sehun wanted nothing but the pain to stop. There, inside him, deep within him, a pain slowly grew. There was a mixed of feelings gushing in his vein each time the Maleficent name was spoken. 

He felt sick, mad, upset and broken. All came, hitting him at once but he did not cry. Not a single tear had slipped from his withering eyes. The emotions had all mixed up till he did not know how to exactly describe it, but he felt as though someone was clawing at his chest. As if someone was trying to tear him apart, ripping his heart until there was nothing left inside him. The numbness had now overpowered him, making him stiff and Sehun did not utter a single word in response. He only sat there with his eyes gazing at his hand, thinking. 

Why did he lie to him? Why didn't he tell him the truth? The happiness that before this had been glinting in his eyes; looking like the universe scattered with twinkling stars; dimmed, soon replaced by the murks and sorrows. 

Every piece of joy inside him had been casted away by the heartache which was then taking control of his body system. He no longer felt the urge to see his angel but he needed to see him. He wanted him to say no, he wanted to hear him denying every single thing his aunts had unfolded. He wanted to believe that Kai did not lie and had been genuinely loving him all this time. 

Without waiting for anymore words from his aunts, Sehun stormed off the house with a clouded mind. 

He knew where exactly his legs were leading to and yet he felt lost, so lost in his emotions. All Sehun wanted to do was cry, but none had been helping. The lump in his throat seemed to grow bigger as all the words that had been spilled earlier fogging his mind, blocking him from evenly breathing and the landcape which before this displayed like the artificial garden of eden seemingly shrunk—leaving the earth to be seen like a deserted island. 

He could feel the pain began to seep in from the tip of his fingers, running under the surface of his skin, burning it open. There was no more warmth he found in him but only hatred and it seared through his chest, spreading inside him like a wildfire. This hurtful feeling which he never felt before. This was what Sehun had wished to never encounter in his life. And this was the last thing he wanted to ever feel running inside him. 

It hurt. So, so, so much.  

 

"Angel!" Despite anything, as much as it hurt him, he shouted for the name. His hands came clutching at his chest the something seemed to be scratching his heart painfully, squeezing it until it bled. "Angel, where are you?" 

Finally, a tear slipped from his eye when he felt a tap on his left shoulder and Sehun quickly turned around only to see him. To look at the person whom he should have hated long ago and there, stood Kai a step away from him; wearing nothing but a hurtful expression on his face. Sehun wondered why but he opted to backtrack, stepping away from the elder. 

"I'm here." Calmly, Kai said. Albeit the curiosity that built inside him, he tried to look calm and relax in front of the younger boy. 

"W-When are you going to tell me that I'm cursed? Is it true?" Sehun wanted an assurance which he looked into Kai's eyes, searching for an answer. It was unreadable that he had to frown but his tears would not stop. They rolled down his face like waterfall and Kai had to tear his gaze away from the prince. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter