Three 3

Fate of Maleficent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

**I haven't updated this since forever I guess, but I thought of updating it again. So here it is. Sorry for the late update, and I'm lacking of ideas as I've stopped writing this for months already. Sobs. 

**No proof-read, no recheck. 

You’re beautiful.

Along with the stars that were scintillating the beautiful night sky, Kai said it in his mind, not wanting to think of it out loud because Sehun might notice the way how his eyes fixated on the younger’s beautiful features.

His heart flustered of the way Sehun’s eyes sparkled at every littlest thing he genuinely did, seizing the glory of the stars only to make it appear in his brown orbs.

Kai was stunned and his heart was beating frantically of the way the younger rhymed his voice along with the soft breeze of the wind—making it melodious, of the way Sehun talked to the mythical creatures, of the way the blonde able to give him heart attacks, of the way the latter kissed his cheeks before he got off to bed, of the way his Beastie said how cute he was with his malevolent sight.

All of them were making him realized, of one thing he refused to believe.

Of one thing he wanted to deny.

Of one thing he wished he could forget.

Of one thing he believed Sehun didn’t have it.

And he was persistent to put his guard up—not letting the feeling effloresced but the complexity of letting the feeling go away was actually kicking him in the gut. None of the feelings could make him at ease but keep surging him to voice out the truth that he liked him, he loved him.

Sehun was oblivious to everything Kai hid under his chest but he refused to give up and kept on popping out in front of his angel every day and night.

None of the nonchalance in Kai’s movements or responds made him feel offended because he would always try with all his might to be there for Kai, to lend his shoulders when the elder need it, to sing him beautiful songs before sleep, to hold his hand, everything. He wanted to be everything for the elder.

And so did Kai to him but he couldn’t.

Every single day that he'd been through with Sehun by his side, he had to admit that he started to grow fond with the existence of the younger and to those beautiful memories Sehun had created and left in his mind, he wanted to store them in the deepest part of his heart and would never let it slip away, even after Sehun falls asleep—a sleep that he believed couldn't be woken up by a true love's kiss.

Because to him, true love does not exist.

Yet he wasn't going to let it happen, even if it would take his life because Sehun was someone he worth dying for. The foreign feeling under his chest was indescribable but he knew so far, that he couldn't lose him and he wasn't ready to live his life without the presence of Oh Sehun.

And tonight, he was ready to revoke the curse—only for his beloved one.

 

"Are you nervous?"

He almost jumped out of shock if it weren't for Luhan to pat his shoulder lightly as a sign that it was him who spoke.

Luhan could tell that this was the first time he saw the powerful fairy got so nervous just because he was going to revoke everything he had said in the past sixteen years even there was another month left until the day but still, it was foreign.

To Luhan, Kai was powerful enough to withdraw everything but little did they know there were few things that would make the curse couldn't be reversed yet they were too oblivious about that tiny little thing.

"Stupid question doesn't worth answering." Kai scowled at Luhan but languidly walked over the main door of Sehun's house, leaving Luhan standing under a gigantic tree a few meters away from the house.

The serenity of the place had Kai to mildly rub his chest because the beat of his heart was too wild, kicking his ribcage until he felt like it was going to jump out in any second if it weren't for him to in his breath and slowly exhaled to calm himself down.

It wasn't that he was nervous to revoke the curse but his mind was thinking about one thing he feared the most.

Of what if the curse couldn't be revoked?

There was nothing that had made him feel this terrified but losing Sehun. He wondered what would happen to his world when his Beastie left him only to fall into a very deep slumber. What if it would make his world darker than what it already is? What would happen to his poor heart that thirsts for care and love from Sehun?

He wouldn't be happy and the sun wouldn't shine as bright as today, would it?

As soon as he got into Sehun's bedroom, he back tracked a little—only to stand at the bedroom doorway. Sehun looked utterly beautiful when he was lying on the bed, sleeping safe and sound, blanketing by the peaceful silence and it seemed as if even crickets refused to sing out loud, careful not to wake up the boy.

Kai quirked his lips up a little, and looked down only to take a deep breath and said—,

"I want to revoke my curse, let it be no more..." It came out inaudible at first but it got louder each time he revoked the curse. The confidence was there inside him each time he muttered those words of reversing what he'd done in the past sixteen years, but he had no idea why it felt so hard that he had to let the energy drained from his body—trying harder to withdraw the curse.

"I want to revoke my curse, let it be no more!" He said it out loud, raising his hands to the mid air, trying harder to take back his words.

He bit down his lip as the green smoke of spell coming towards him but in just a blink of an eye, the curse suddenly got back to the place where it already was—crumbling down the pieces of hopes Kai had in his heart. The curse wouldn't reverse and he fell off the floor, sitting with a tear slowly trickled down his face.

"...no power on earth can change it..."

The voice rang in his head, bringing him back to the christening day where he'd cursed Sehun sixteen years ago and then he remembered of the reason why the curse couldn't be revoked.

There was no power on earth can change it. Even he, himself.

"No power on earth can change it..."

His conscience seemingly provoked him to cry harder and let the regret eat him. He sat there, in agony—crying harder solemnly but silently not to wake up the boy and if he could beseech the God to turn back times right then, he would do that even before his wings got stolen.

His heart withered at the memory of Sehun injured his legs, he missed it—those days where he should treat him better than everyone else. Those rememberance were torturing him causing him to hardly breathe. He couldn't take this, it was too much for his already poor soul and this was the hardest part he had to face in his life.

The tranquility of the night suddenly became somber and the image of Sehun smiling flashed before his eyes vivid than ever. Nothing could be changed anymore and the day wouldn't be the same no more.

 

Kai let seve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter