... or is it?

RUNAWAY

   "Wait! --"

    It was too late already, much too late. I'd blown things out of proportion with my terrible temper and gone and screwed up. Three years together and NOW I find out? NOW?! To hell with this, I'll be fine without that lying killer. You just watch.

   Shot after shot at the bar I'd tried to convince myself I'd done the right thing. Luckily for me I had a high tolerance for alcohol, and I hadn't driven my way over here. I had a lot to think about on my walk back, but the biggest worry racing thtough my mind was: "Is she ok?" Other thoughts kept gnawing and picking at my brain as well: "Is she still there?" "I hope she doesn't hate me..." "You can't really just up and leave me, can you?"

   Faster, faster! Why can't these stupid legs run any faster? I was running home as fast as my legs could carry me, only to rush to the door, and realize... she's gone.

   Now you've gone and done it, boy, great job! I cursed myself out, throwing things arounf, lashing out at anything inanimate, nearly dismembering my living room, just before collapsing into a state in between depression and numbness. Kneeled on the floor admist ruins and my own blood from injuries, which I could hardly feel mainly due to the alcohol in my system.

   Last thing I remember before blacking out was curling up and whispering her name three times, hoping and praying that movie magic could work for once. Then, I was nothing but a shell of a man, the man I used to be, for at least a month after she'd left. All because of my pride and the biggest mistake that cost me my happiness.

 

   "Babe... babe, please... Wake up!!" I must've fallen asleep again while I was deep in thought... but why does she look so scared?

   "Oh, God! You scared me! I thought you were having a seizure or something, you weren't responsive at first." She sounded exasperated, hugging around my neck to the brink of suffocation before loosening her grip. "What's wrong, was it a nightmare?"

   Why is she being so nice all of a sudden? She was never this caring, but she seems now, almost motherly...?

   "Huh, oh, sorry," I muttered, inwardly cursing myself for sounding like a dimwit. "Yeah, it was just a dream. Don't worry." A bright fake smile to hide the truth, and she took the bait. Only problem was, that was no dream. What if something like that happens again?

   I got up and made my way across the house, desperate for an Advil® or some sort of medication to ease the throbbing in my head. I heard some shuffling sounds and saw her sitting on the counter out of the corner of my eye.

   "Who would've thought that last visit would lead to this one?" Her comment made me chuckle, releasing a rather unattractive snort since I was drinking some water.

   "And I suppose it's all my fault? I didn't hear you complain all night," I teased after she was done giggling at my snort. She gasped and blushed, smacking my arm in the process. "Ow! What was that for?"

   "You know what for, mister," she narrowed her eyes at me.

   A few moments of silence and her earlier words rang through my ears again. "I missed you too," I whispered shyly. I settled myself between her dangling legs and leaned to rest my head on her shoulder.

   "Really?" She sounded surprised. "Well, I was kinds hoping you would, honestly..." She looked away when I looked up at her.

   "So, uh, guess we have to 'get our together', so to speak, and soon?" I cupper her face to brimg her eyes to mine. This was a talk we needed to have.

 

________________________________________________________________________

shots   

Ok~ so who hates me less now? xD
This story was meant to be angst but ugh knowing me it'll get fluffy and y at times

Anyway, a few more updates, and maybe a lil y times gift chapter later, but that'll be all for this week

I'll try to update next week and keep this story short so it won't drag on or so I leave it inc. (so I can go back to working on JiBin, yes xD)