Best Friend Slash Roommate

Chasing After Shadows

He remembers what Luhan said “HIS ROOMMATES RUIN EVERYTHING!!!” but it was too late. He had already invited Baekhyun and Chanyeol along with his bike ride with Jongdae. He was hoping, as much as he liked Chanyeol and Baekhyun, that they would be too busy to come along. He also didn’t want Jongdae to get the wrong idea, didn’t want Jongdae to think he wasn’t interested or didn’t want to be too clingy – but he also remembers what Luhan said “YOU’RE MOVING TO SLOOWWWWWWW.”

 

He brings his bike out of its lock, and is about to pull on his helmet.

“Omg,” Jongdae laughs loudly that Joonmyun is intrigued also shocked to hear such new height to Jongdae’s laughter. He turns around and sees Jongdae is laughing at him from the patio across the way.

“Hmm?” he makes eye contact, holding onto his helmet.

“Joonmyun,” Jongdae walks over in a hop in each step. “You look-”

“I’m going to change,” Joonmyun moves for the door, face flushed. He was dressed in traditional biking outfits, the tight ones that pretty much hugged his body and was skin tight.

“No don’t,” Jongdae grabs him, wrapping an arm around Joonmyun’s chest. “you look fine,” Jongdae’s voice is kind and soft. He feels Jongdae’s breath against the back of his neck and it makes his entire body tingle but it also makes him regret being dressed like this at a time like this.

“you laughed at me,” Joonmyun pry off Jongdae’s arm, even though he really didn’t want to.

“No, sorry,” Jongdae grabs onto Joonmyun’s hand before he could bolt, and he holds it tight. “You look fine, really, you do,” Jongdae sounds convincing and Joonmyun wished it were said about something else instead of his ridiculous biking outfit. “Don’t change, never change who you are,” Jongdae starts laughing again, eyes turning into crescents.

“I hate you Jongdae,” Joonmyun tries to shake Jongdae’s hand off his.

“You guys ready!?” Chanyeol says from his patio. Joonmyun looks across, and Chanyeol is dressed in shorts and a tee. He really felt embarrassed now seeing how Chanyeol was eyeing him up and down as he made his way over.

“Oh Joonmyun, you a hardcore biker I see.”

“Yeah,” Joonmyun felt embarrassed now. “Okay I’m gonna change. Now let go Jongdae,” He pushes Jongdae’s hand back.

“Nah you look fine,” Chanyeol says. “Baekhyun has a few outfits like that too.”

“He does?” Jongdae and Joonmyun both say.

“Nah just wanted to say it to make you feel better,” Chanyeol, who towers above them, showers them with laughter.

“Chanyeol,” Joonmyun grunts.

“But seriously you look fine,” he cuts the laughter off.

 

Too fine, Jongdae thinks. He can see the outline of smooth muscles underneath and he wanted to press his face into every crevice of Joonmyun.

 

“Stop staring at his ,” Chanyeol whispers as they start their ride.

“I’m not,” Jongdae hisses.

“How come Baekhyun didn’t want to come?” Joonmyun asks looking back.

“Oh he’s got a flat tire,” Jongdae explains.

“I might have an extra one somewhere actually,” Joonmyun says. “Then he can come with us next time.”

“You should invite Sehun? Is that his name?” Jongdae makes small talk, he hopes Joonmyun stops feeling self conscious.

“Oh nah Sehun doesn’t really care for it,” Joonmyun follows along the path.

“Have you been on this path before?” Chanyeol asks up ahead now.

“I haven’t actually. I usually jog in the other direction or on the beach.”

“Hey!” Chanyeol says happily, “This is the trail where Baekhyun and I actually met,” Chanyeol smiles.

“Really?” Joonmyun and Jongdae both say.

“No I just wanted to see your reactions,” Chanyeol laughs.

“Yeol you’re an idiot,” Jongdae says.

“Well how did you guys meet?” Joonmyun was curious.

“We met in college. I liked him a lot and he thought I was in love with my friend Kyungsoo actually,” Chanyeol laughs now. “It was actually pretty funny. Baekhyun wasn’t convinced I liked him at all and he really thought I was just trying to get in his pants.”

“You probably were,” Jongdae comments.

“No Jongdae, I’m not like that,” he sticks his tongue out at Jongdae. “But after soo much begging and having Kyungsoo tell Baekhyun that we weren’t in love he finally said yes to a date.”

“That’s kinda cute,” Joonmyun says.

“And a little desperate.”

“No it’s cute,” Joonmyun chuckles.

“Desperate!!!” Jongdae sings in a high pitched tone.

“Jongdae I’ll beat you up,” Chanyeol bikes towards Jongdae.

“Joonmyun!” Jongdae squeals, biking behind Joonmyun.

“I always wanted to be involved in a bike fight,” Joonmyun makes fun of them.

“Yah! Be careful!” Jongdae scolds Chanyeol.

“I’m fine!” Chanyeol moves away from the edge.

“Oh!” Joonmyun sees the drop on the edge of the trail. “Yeah be careful. One time my friend Luhan ate it real bad.”

“Ugh no,” Chanyeol says. “What happened?”

“He wasn’t paying attention and when I looked over he biked into the railing and fell over.”

“OMG!” Jongdae and Chanyeol chuckle.

“Yeah…he fell pretty deep, about 15 feet.”

“OMG no!” They felt bad for laughing now.

“He was alright, just has a scar on his lip.”

“Ah he got lucky.”

“yeah he did, that time.”

“Chanyeol’s like that too,” Jongdae says to Joonmyun.

“I heard that!” Chanyeol looks back at the two.

“See you’re doing it now! You’re not even paying attention!” and Chanyeol looks ahead of himself to see that he’s about to bike into a bench.

“I saw it coming!” he bikes around it.

“All the time,” Jongdae mouths to Joonmyun, who just smirks.

 

 

 

“I will never dress like this around you jerks again,” Joonmyun glares at them.

“What why?” they laugh.

“Cause I can see Baekhyun laughing at me,” they reach the condos again.

“Oh yeah I sent him a picture,” Chanyeol says.

“Yeah never again,” Joonmyun shakes his head.

“Joonmyun!” Baekhyun calls out to him.

“Be quiet! don’t even say it Baekhyun!”

“What?” Baekhyun laughs even more.

“Remember the other night when you said I was more lame than you? I think this tops it,” Jongdae winks at him – and if he weren’t feeling soo self conscious about wearing this outfit he would have loved that wink.

“Yeah yeah, yeah shut up Jongdae.”

“Sorry,” he tries to stop.

“What are you doing tonight?”

“Me?” Jongdae was caught.

“Yeah, well all of you.”

“Not sure,” Baekhyun answers. “What’s up?”

“I’m going out to the bar tonight with some friends, do you guys want to come?” Joonmyun asks, he prayed they yes – or least Jongdae would say yes.

“I’m not really a bar person,” Jongdae says. “So I’ll have to pass.”

“Oh okay then,” Joonmyun felt unsure about Jongdae’s answer but he shrugs it off. Maybe Jongdae really did hate going to bars. “How about you guys?”

“You realize it’s a Thursday right?” Baekhyun laughs.

“Yes I do,” He chuckles.

“Well have to pass. We’ve both have a big presentation tomorrow.”

“Ah okay maybe next time,” he chuckles, “and we’ll let Jongdae stay to babysit Byul,” Joonmyun winks at him.

“Ha ha ha,” Jongdae says drily.

 

 

He showers and he finds that his hands touch himself again and he finds that he wants Jongdae more and more – not just in the shower with him, but to hold him, to kiss him, to laugh with him, to smile with him, to – well maybe to sleep with him. He felt kinda bummed about Jongdae not coming out but he took a chance and that was a good chance – hell he took a chance on that outfit too!

 

“I’m not babysitting tonight,” Minseok smiles to Sehun as they stand on Joonmyun’s patio.

“What?! Why me!?” Sehun whines, shoulders slouching.

“Cause you’re not drunk.”

“You’re not drunk either!” Sehun argues.

“Shut up and get us more to drink!” Luhan bangs on the glass door, inside of Joonmyun’s condo.

“Yeah I want more too!” Joonmyun presses his face to the door.

“I have a 8 AM meeting that you soo wonderfully scheduled,” Minseok glares at him.

“Ughh fine,” Sehun realizes his stupid mistake. “you owe me though.”

“I’ll think about it,” Minseok gives Sehun a hug. “You’re the best Sehun,” he ruffles his hair and quickly walks off to his car. Sehun sighs to himself. He regrets coming out for drinks, he most definitely regrets not getting drunk before these two idiots. He pulls the glass door and sees Luhan and Joonmyun laying on the ground.

“My boyfriend has to be perfect!” Luhan has a large smile on his lips.

“He be kind and sweet and funny, and so cute,” Joonmyun slurs. “And he would love Byul, and eat my food, and enjoy walking with me, and laughs at my lame jokes.”

“He have a smile that curls at the ends?” Sehun smiles, shutting the door.

“Exactly,” Joonmyun chuckles. “It be beautiful like that. He be like just Jongdae. Jongdae be a great boyfriend wouldn’t he?” he smiles drunkenly.

“Yes Jongdae would be a great boyfriend,” Luhan sits up next to him. “When are you going to kiss him?” Luhan chuckles. “Or touch his ? How big do you think his is?”

“OMG Luhan you can’t just ask that!” Joonmyun turns to look at him. Then they both stop and just burst out into laughter.

“It’s a good question,” Luhan continues to laugh.

“It really was,” Joonmyun laughs louder now.

“OMG,” Sehun groans, walking to the kitchen. “I can’t believe I’m ing sober. Both of you shut up.”

“Both of you shut up,” they mock him. “I’m sehun, I’m sober,” and they burst into more laughter.

“Here’s some water, shut up and go to sleep,” he throws water bottles at them.

“Oh!” Joonmyun says before drinking his water. “My boyfriend would have nice hair, really nice hair,” he smiles. “And he would smell like the ocean but not too fishy.” He drinks the water sloppily. “He would also have the sweetest laughter that would my soul out if he wanted to.”

“I get it you like Jongdae!” Luhan says annoyed. “Now stop before I like him too.”

“DON”T EVEN!” Joonmyun says dramatically.

“I SWEAR TO GOD!” Sehun falls back onto the sofa. “I will murder both of you when you’re sober!” they turn to look at one another again and laugh even harder and even louder.

“UGHHH!” Sehun whines some more.

“Okay seriously,” Joonmyun crosses his legs. “we should sleep. It’s a ing Thursday, like Baekhyun said,” Joonmyun laughs.

“Who the hell is Baekhyun?” Luhan chuckles.

“He’s Jongdae’s best friend? No roommate? No best friend slash roommate.”

“Ahhhhh tall guy’s boyfriend.”

“Yup,” Joonmyun lays back down.

“Okay Joonmyun,” Luhan gets snugged against Joonmyun’s arm. “You dream of Jongdae,” he smiles, “and I’ll dream of my next boyfriend,” he laughs some more, and Joonmyun into Luhan, laying on the tile floor near the dining table. “Night Joonmyun.”

“Night little Lu,” Joonmyun chuckles.

 

 

 

 

------

sooo busy!!! i hope everyone is doing well! and that school isn't overwhelming ^^ xo