My Sweet Valentine

A Little Love

My Sweet Valentine


"This won't work either!" Jieun pouted in frustration. Since when did making a valentine become so hard?

Oh, right.

It became so hard because she was crushing on THE Luhan of EXO.

Some explaining should be done.

You see, ever since middle school, Jieun had a crush on the young man. From the way he smiles to the way he sings, she was entranced by it all. At first, she dismissed it as a passing crush- you know, one that comes and goes.

That was not the case.

What she felt was LOVE, yes, LOVE. The reality of it had really slapped her in the face in realization. 

Of course, it wasn't just your average you've-never-talked-to-them-but-you-like-them crush. Yes, she's spoken to him and they were partners for a long, long time- in singing and academic projects, all by a trick of fate. 

Now, it all comes down to this.

"Jieun-ah, are you alright?" Asked her best friend, Jung Hana. She peeked over the Song child's shoulder and shot her a knowing look. "You know, if you're having a hard time writing a love letter to Luhan-ssi, then just write from your heart instead of picking the right words." Jieun whipped her head towards her friend, eyes wide in realization and understanding. Hana grinned and ruffled her hair before retreating downstairs with the other members of Secret.

"Just... write from my heart." Jieun inhaled deeply and nodded confidently. "Alright, fighting!"


The very next afternoon once school was over, Jieun anxiously slipped her letter into Luhan's desk undetected... by Luhan himself. However, Xiumin caught her from the corner of his eye. Jieun pressed her fingers to her lips with an awkward, crooked smile that pleaded for him to keep quiet. The chubby cheeked young man winked discreetly at her, indicating he would keep quiet.

Once Jieun slid back into her seat, she quickly threw her stuff inside her bag and retreated outside the classroom to watch Luhan read the letter from afar. Her eyes caught Xiumin bidding his friend goodbye and he passed her, holding up his fist encouragingly and mouthed "fighting" before walking down the hall. Jieun nodded and resumed watching.

Luhan was currently stuffing his materials inside his bag before digging into his desk for his pencil, except he also found an envelope in there. His eyebrows raised in surprise and he quickly put his pencil away in his blazer pocket. 

Meanwhile, Jieun's heart thumped nervously as she watched him open the envelope. Once the letter was fully displayed in front of his eyes, she felt her heart stopped. 

He recognized her handwriting immediately.

Luhan turned his head towards her desk, the one right next to his right, and took instantaneous notice that she wasn't there. His eyes turned back to the letter and he tooked in all her words.

Jieun gripped the door, she couldn't take it anymore. She couldn't see the expression on his face from here, but she had a feeling it wasn't a good one. She couldn't sense a reaction from him- none at all. Her heart beat wildly against her chest and with all her strength...

...she ran.

Jieun sprinted to the entrance and hurriedly slipped on her outdoor shoes, but one thing stopped her.

An envelope.

To: Jieun

From: Luhan


My Sweet Valentine