0 3

Beautiful Summer

The time passed really fast. Today was already the 1st of August which means audition is in five days. Sunggyu and I were really nervous as date get closer. In this period of time, we did lots of things. He was amazed at my voice when I sang. I laughed at his comment and say it was nothing.

He was really a great person that I have met. I didn’t know why I had this feeling but when I am around him, I felt my heart beating extra fast than usual. I would also blush at moments when he praise me or hug me as a encouragement or good job. I thought it was infactuation so I ignore the feelings I was feeling at every moment and just concentrated in the practices. I didn’t let anything distract me because I really want to help him and at the moment, also help myself.

It felt like a flash passes, it was already the 5th August, the day of the audition. Nobody could explain how Sunggyu and I are feeling right now. To describe, a mix of anxiety and nervousness. I was shaking but Sunggyu held my hands, asking me to calm down. What if we failed? What if my voice suddenly crack in the middle of the song? I shook off the negative thoughts in my head. I had to be confident if not, that would just happen.

“ Contestant 08, Kim Sunggyu and Nam Woohyun” the speaker announced. It was our turn, to show. Sunggyu held my hand and pulled me to the audition room. A flame of scarlet crept in a swift diagonal across my cheeks. My heart was beating rapidly. Nam Woohyun, calm down please. I begged my brain and heart to calm down and it did. I am glad.

When we stepped into the audition room, unbelievable we saw Nell as the judge. It’s freaking Kim Jonghwan. I bet Sunggyu is squealing yet nervous like a fangirl inside like me.

“Good evening sir, I am Kim Sunggyu and this is my duet partner, Nam Woohyun.” We both bowed and I could see he was trying not to show nervousness in his words. “We will be performing Lucky by EXO.” he continued and the judges just smile with a nod.

“ Being born in the same country. Talking in the same language. We’re so lucky, it’s such a relief
Nothing is for certain in this world. On a day that I wore nice clothes. I met you, I was lucky. It’s because I did good in the past” he sang and my heart start racing again.

“ I can call your name and I can hold your hand. Is the falling sunlight only shining on me? Can I be this happy? You call my name and you lean on my shoulder. Is the sky’s sunlight only shining on you? Can you be that dazzling? So lucky, my love.” I continued.
 

“So lucky to have you. So lucky to be your love, i am. Hmm.” he sang smoothly. “ We like the same colours. We like the same movies, lucky. It’s a love that’s meant to be.” he continued.

“ I can call your name and I can hold your hand. Is the falling sunlight only shining on me? Can I be this happy? You call my name and you lean on my shoulder. Is the sky’s sunlight only shining on you? Can you be that dazzling? So lucky, my love.” I sang with thousands of emotions.

“We smile brightly in the photo, we’re a perfect harmony. I think I’m a lucky guy, it’s so good like we’re in a fairy tale of our dreams.” Oh my god, it’s the best thing to hear. Her voice melts me like ice cream. She is picture perfect.” He rapped.

“Because you’re my first, because this song is about you” I sang while I turn to look at him.
“I’m smiling like this, so only you can see, are you looking at me right now?” he sang along and he turn to my direction. Our eyes met.
“I have a new dream, it’s to be one a better man. Because your eyes that look at me make me run once again more than anything else” we both sang together with lots of emotions.
“So lucky, my love” I felt like my feelings are out of control now.
“So lucky to have you” I am glad that I have met you. I didn’t regret meeting you.
“So lucky to be your love, I am. Hmm.” We’re not together but it made me realize something…

Kim Sunggyu, I am in love with you.

I smiled widely when we ended the song with a bow. It sure make me realize my feelings but that wasn’t important for the moment. I am worried about whether we were selected or not. The handed us a envelope. Inside was either a ‘congratulation you have pass’ or ‘sorry you have failed the audition’ Sunggyu went forward to take the envelope from the judge and came back to my side.

“No matter we pass or fail, we did our best already alright?” he told me and I nodded. When he was opening the envelope, I squeezed my eyes shut tight. I feared.

“Woohyun ah, w-we passed.” he stuttered. My eyes immediately flew opened and looked at the words that were written on the paper. I looked at Sunggyu and hugged him tightly. We cheered with joy and jumped around, almost forgetting the judges were there looking.

We turned to the judges and kept on bowing, saying ‘thank you’.

“Your voices were really great. Throughout the song, I could feel the emotions expressed. I see you guys looking at each other at the last part like a couple in love.” Judge Nell spoke and  I blushed at the last part of his words.

“Yea, I agree with Jonghwan.” the other two judge said while nodding their heads.

“Thank you!” we both said and Sunggyu continued with a “We are huge fans of you Jonghwan sunbaenim!” When the male heard that we were fans of him, he laughed. “We still have other people to go and I bet you guys want to celebrate now. Kids, get going!” We nodded and ran out the room like some three years old kids.

I told Sunggyu we should celebrate 3 days later because I wanted to prepared something special for him and I wanted to confess that day. He looked at me suspiciously but I just shook him off, saying we should just go to a cafe and have some coffee. I dragged him to the cafe that me and my ex always go to because the coffee over there were like the best.


When we reached there, I told him to sit there and I would go and ordered. I forgotten to ask him what he want but I was already in the middle of the long queue. Geez, why was the queue so long today…

I heard the customer before me was ordering the same thing I was going to order. I looked up and I saw him, my ex boyfriend. When our eyes met, his eyes widened. “W-Woohyun?” I heard him mumbled. I ignored him and order my usual but two strawberry cheesecake frappe instead.

“Woohyun ah, how are you doing?” he asked me and I just answered coldly with a “I’m fine.” I saw he nodded with a relief on his face. “How are you with Myungsoo?” I continued.

“We are doing great, but I suspect that he is cheating on me.” he told me with a frown on his face and I patted on his back, assuring that he is a great guy and Myungsoo definitely won’t cheat on him. “Would you like to join me?” I asked him and he nodded. I took my orders and went back to where Sunggyu was seating. He looked up and saw me with a stranger as he raised his eyebrow.

“This is Sungyeol, uhm my ex-boyfriend.” I introduce the no-longer stranger to him and he nodded with a “I am Sunggyu, Woohyun’s housemate and friend.”

I felt a pang in my heart upon hearing the word ‘friend’. Yea, we were just friends. Nothing more than that. I even think he would reject my confession. I frowned but I went back to a smile because I don’t want to let Sunggyu know that I am upset or anything.

I sat next to Sunggyu while Sungyeol sat opposite of us. “So how do you think that he is cheating on you?” I asked  Sungyeol and he went to his thoughts for awhile. “He always come back home late every night around like 11pm when clearly he end work at 7pm. Sometimes he would ignore my calls or tell me in the phone that he is very busy.” he answered and I saw there were tears forming in eyes. This kid is still the same. With me or without me.

“Have you ever asked him?” I questioned him and he shook his head. “He would always ignore my questions and change topic.”

“You should really go home and have a serious talk with Myungsoo to find o-“ Sunggyu suddenly cut me off with a “Myungsoo? Kim Myungsoo?” We raised our eyebrows, filled with questions in our mind. “Hyung, you know Myungsoo?” I asked him and he nodded. “He is my brother.”

“What! Why didn’t you tell me you have a brother?” He smack me on my head and I whined. He smack me maybe it was because I just shouted so loudly and everybody attention was on us. A few moments later, the people turned back to what they were doing.

“You didn’t ask me so I don’t have to tell you.” he said as he took a sipped of his frappe. I pouted at his words. How can he be so mean to me hmph.

Out of nowhere, Sungyeol started laughing and I glared at him but that did not stop him from laughing. “Myungsoo definitely would not cheat on you. I promise.” Sunggyu spoke and I nodded.

“Alright. I trust you than. Myungsoo is calling. I have to go now! Bye!” Sungyeol said with a cheerful smile and he ran out of the cafe. Damn choding, are you sure we dated last time?

After Sungyeol left, we headed out of the cafe and walk back home. “Myungsoo was planning to propose to Sungyeol tonight. He was busy because of preparation.” he suddenly spoke. “I am glad my brother found his happiness. While me, this old grandpa still here being single” He continued and he sighed. Soon Sunggyu hyung. Soon.

During this three days, I asked the cafe owner to let me use the cafe for one night and he agreed. That is what best friends are for.


subscribe and upvote only if you think I deserve (: but I really need comments?????