Strangers Attract

The Bass [HIATUS]

“I was waiting for you.”

Jun turned around to see Beenzino resting on a wall with a cigarette in his hand.

“Why?” Jun asked even though she knew the reason.

“Is this your first time meeting me?” Beenzino walked up to her.

“Yea. Why?” She lied.

“Why are you lying?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about?” Jun pretended to be confused.

“You don’t?” He looked at her as if he didn’t believe a word she was saying.

“No.” She said with a straight face trying to hide her uneasiness.

He looked her up and down. “Sorry must’ve mistaken you for somebody else.”

“It’s fine.” She said being a little relieved, “I’ll be going now.” She turned around but before she could take one step.

“You forgot something.” He said.

Jun looked over her shoulder to see Beenzino pointing towards her employee card which was now on the floor. She cursed him in her head, because she tried to avoid bending down as much as possible.

She walked toward him and bent down, biting her lips so she wouldn’t show how much pain she was in. And she kind of just stayed there.

“Are you not going to get up?” Beenzino asked her.

“The weather’s nice down here.” She said.

“Do you need help?” He asked.

“Nope.” She said with a nervous smile.

“Okay.” He said backing away.

Jun looked down at the floor wondering how she was gonna get up, or was she just gonna fall, because crouching like this wasn’t fun.

But before she could decide she was lifted up, “.” She cursed, moving quickly hurt the most.

“Did I hurt you?” Beenzino asked with sarcasm. “Are you sore somewhere?”

“Just put me down.” She said, she could feel the heat of his cigarette on her thigh since it was directly below her in his hand.

“I will drop up if you don’t start being honest.”

Knowing she couldn’t win Jun gave up. “Put me down slowly and I will answer all your stupid questions.”

He did as she said.

“.” She cursed to herself why rubbing her .

“Were you the girl in the club last night?” He asked firmly.

“Yes.” She said.

“So why are you pretending like it didn’t happen?” He didn’t seemed to be ashamed of it.

“I don’t know maybe `cause you’re my boss!?” She obviously suggested. “And I kinda wanted to be professional with you.”

“Yet you made out with me?” He questioned.

“I was drunk! Thinking rationally wasn’t something I could do, but I promise that’ll never happen again.”

“Who said I didn’t want it to happen again?” He looked at her.

She laughed at his comment not taking it seriously. “Look, I bet you’re probably a really nice guy and all. But I’m not about to do whatever it is you’re thinking.”

“Because?” He asked blowing smoke into her face.

“Because you’re my boss. Did you not understand that the first time? Like what is so hard about this concept?” Jun ran her fingers through her hair, she couldn’t believe she was having this conversation.

“Just because I’m you’re boss doesn’t mean we can’t have fun.” He smirked at her.

“No….. no, no, no, no. Because even if I did remotely like you, which I don’t, and we dated, once I piss you off or we break up, I lose my job.”

He smiled at her vivid imagination.

“And what if we don’t break up? What if you get a new boyfriend and a new job at the same time and it works out?”

“I don’t wanna risk it.” She walked passed him and leaned against the wall knowing he had much more to say.

“How about we go someplace private to talk about this?” He suggested.

“Or I could just go home?” Jun eyed him.

“You’re right you could, and then we could talk about it later. Maybe even in front our co-workers?” He .

“ing ! Fine.” She threw her hand up in the air.

He smiled, he thought she was cute.

“Follow me.” He said passing her.

They walked around the building into the parking lot. He parked on the first floor, Jun wasn’t surprised when she saw his car was a black range rover.

She got into the passenger seat and it still had that fresh new car smell that she always enjoyed.

She sighed, Jun really didn’t want to go through with this, but she’d rather this than losing her job.

The car ride was silent between them but filled with music, and it wasn’t a long ride either. She got out the car and looked at the fancy apartment complex.

“Your place?” She asked.

“Yep.”

She followed him inside and they took the elevator up to his floor. Luckily no one was awake at this time, so she didn’t have awkwardly introduce herself to anyone. When she walked in it was cleaner than she expected.

“Nice.” She said.

“Thank you. Do you want anything to drink?” He asked her.

“No, I wanna get this conversation over with and go home.”

“You really don’t like me.” Beenzino said going into the kitchen to make himself a rum-coke.

“It’s not that, it’s that I’m in a stranger’s house. So of course I would like to go back to my comfortable home.” She said plopping onto his couch, forgetting that was in pain and immediately regretted the decision.

“You okay?” He asked her.

“Perfect.” She spat with sarcasm.

Once he was finished making his drink he sat next to her.

“Look all I’m suggesting is that you have an open-mind.”

“You could literally have any girl, why me?”

“Because I’ve never been challenge like this before.”

She rolled her eyes. “My answer is no. Why can’t you accept that?” Jun asked getting frustrated.

He put his drink down.  “Because of the way you kissed me last night.”

“I was drunk.” She sighed.

“Just because you were drunk doesn’t mean there wasn’t passion.” Beenzino said while laying back.

“Are all rappers just as stupid as you are?”

He smiled at her comment. “Maybe.”

She shook her head.

“Did you enjoy it?” He asked her.

“What?” She looked at him.

“Did you enjoy it?” Zino repeated himself.

“Why does it matter?” Jun was confused.

“You said you’d answer any of my stupid questions.”

“Yes, I enjoyed kissing you.” She admitted. “What does that have to do with anything?”

Beenzino answered with a kiss. He cupped her check and kissed her softly, he was hoping she’d return the kiss and she did. Beenzino laid her down underneath him not breaking the kiss, and mentally thanking Dok2 for convincing him to buy a couch that could basically be a bed. He supported himself as her fingers went through his hair and pulled him closer. With one arm Zino put his hand on her waist slowly going up her blouse. He pulled away to plant kisses on her bare flat stomach.

When he came back up to kiss her she turned her head away.

“I can’t do this.” She said. “I’m sorry.”

Even though she thoroughly enjoyed it, she felt morally wrong.

Zino sighed. “Fine.” He said as he got off of her.

Jun fixed herself while feeling this strange guilt.

“Want me to take you home?” He asked her.

She shook her head not making eye contact. “I can walk.”

As she passed by him, he grabbed her arm to stop her. “Yes?” She asked him.

He gave her one last peck, but she didn’t kissed back this time.

“Bye.” She said leaving as quick as possible before anything else could happen.