Moon Aya Jun

The Bass [HIATUS]

“Well what happened?” Jun asked a little fearful.

“Y’all were basically all over each other.” Misa said smiling.

“In what way?”

“What do you mean ‘what way’? Y’all were grinding on each other, making out and .”

“Oh Lord.” Jun covered her face with her hands. “Did it go any further than that?”

“Nope, I mean y’all were touching each other inappropriately but other than that no.” Misa shrugged.

“Inappropriately?” Jun questioned as looked up from her hands.

“Yea like you gave him a , and he was smacking and grabbing your all night.”

Now that Jun thought about it her was pretty sore.

“How strong were those shots?” She asked herself.

Misa shrugged not knowing. “Anyways get up, remember you have to go to work.”

“Crap.” Jun groaned rolling out of bed.

The entire morning before getting to work Jun complained to Misa but mostly to herself in her mind. Questioning why in the world would she drink Misa’s shots and why she just didn’t say no. The images of last night flashed through her head, and every time she thought of kissing Beenzino she groaned to herself getting weird stares from other people on the streets. She would also occasionally say the word “Why?” over and over again, while sometimes pulling or messing up her hair, and a bit of kicking the concrete.

Once she saw the building appear in front of her, her stomach automatically started feeling queasy. Jun looked at herself checking her outfit again. She was wearing black wedges, black skinny jeans a nice white blouse, she tied he hair back into a messy ponytail that actually pulled the look together and her makeup was light except for her cherry red lips.

She sighed to herself and walked across the street, and realized she needed her employee card to enter the building. She quickly checked her pockets and found it. Once she entered the building she realized there was nobody at the front desk.

“Hello?” Jun called out.

“Just a minute.” She heard a female voice say.

She waited a little bit clutching onto her golden and black purse.

Jun saw a woman not much older than her come from out the hallway.

“Who are you?” She asked nicely enough to not offend Jun.

“I’m a new employee, my name’s Jun.” Jun went into shake her hand but the lady just looked at her.

“Hold on and let me check the records.” She said while putting a finger in Jun’s face.

The woman sat down and opened a drawer to a bunch of folders picking up the first one and opening it.

“Moon Aya Jun?” She questioned.

“Yes that’s me.” Jun replied.

“Why do you have three names?” The lady asked.

“Because my dad’s not Korean.”

“Why don’t you have a foreign last name then?” The lady questioned further.

Jun sighed and wondered why this woman was all up in her business.

“Because my parents never married and I was raised by mom, so I took her last name.”

The lady nodded, and you could tell by her look that she was judging Jun so hard.

“My name’s Lee Sumin, I’m the secretary. I’m not your friend, and looking at your age you are the youngest person at this company, so you will call me Ms. Lee, you don’t have the right to use my first name. And now that we’ve got that clear, I will get the manager out here to deal with you.”

“Nice to know.” Jun said with a straight face.

Sumin gave her a fake smile. “Sit down while you’re waiting.” Sumin commanded.

Jun was already in a bad mood thinking about last night and now she had to deal with bull. Her first day wasn’t going as well as she planned, and sitting down caused pain in her lower body. The only thing that mattered though was making sure she didn’t bump into Beenzino.

“Ms. Moon?” She heard a higher pitched voice.

Jun looked up to a relatively nicer woman compared to Sumin.

“Yes?” Jun asked.

“My name’s Kim Ari, you can just call me Ari or unni. I’m Illionaire’s manager and I’m also going to take you on a tour of the building.”

They shook hands, and Jun was just relieved to find someone with manners.

“Okay.” Jun said as she got up to follow her realizing that sitting down or getting up is going to cause all kinds of pain her literally.

 

The tour was longer than she expected, she saw break rooms, a theater room, game rooms, and other weird things but not offices.

“Um Ari.” Jun interrupted her for a quick second.

“Yes?” She looked up towards the taller girl.

“Where are the offices?”

“The building is your office. We don’t actually have like a real office, we do our work on laptops anywhere in the building that we like. We don’t have desks that are made for that or than Sumin’s.”

“So what will I be doing?” Jun asked.

You will be with me all the time at work. See the reason I hired you Jun was because I think you might be a good manager.”

“For Illionaire?” She question.

“Yes, you’re going to be my assistant and I’m going to show you the ropes. Keep in my mind you and I will be splitting up the work, so it’s not like I hired you to replace me, but to help me cause these boys can be a handful.”

“But I don’t even have an experience in this.”

When you posted your résumé online, your passion for music showed. And I can tell that you actually want to know more. So are you down for it?”

“I guess…” Jun said still a little worried about last night’s incident.

“Well that’s good enough for me.” Ari said. “Now it’s time to introduce you to the group.” Ari dragged her to the recording studio and seeing as the red light wasn’t on she opened the door.

Jun was a little in shock, all three of them were sitting there along with Jay Park and B-Free.

“So I wanted to introduce to you my assistant, she’ll be helping me help you guys.” Ari said.

She looked a little too comfortable in Jun’s perspective.

Jun slowly walked in and did a perfect bow, but unfortunately even that hurt too. “Hello my name is Moon Aya Jun, you can just call me Jun.” She made sure to avoid eye contact with Beenzino.

“You’re not from around here are you?” Dok2 asked her.

“I was born here but my father was a foreigner and I lived in the US for 4 years, so I’m fluent in English and Korean.”

“And you’re dad was what?” The Quiett asked her.

Jun didn’t really like talking about herself just in general, but she could tell why they we’re interested. “He was black.”

“Was?” Jay Park asked.

“He died when I was like 6.”

“I’m sorry.” Jay said.

“It’s fine actually.” Jun wasn’t really affected by it.

“So why do you have a Korean last name?” B-Free asked her.

Jun mentally rolled her eyes since she just answered this question 15 minutes ago. “My parents were never married and my mom raised me so I took her last name.”

“Oh~” B-Free said.

“Okay that’s enough questions for now. You guys are all in her business.” Ari basically save her from a long life conversation.

“You can’t blame us for being curious.” Dok2 said.

“Well you can be curious some other time.” Ari said. “I gotta prep her for you guy’s concert.”

“Concert?” Jun asked.

“Yep, you’re going on tour with us.” Dok2 said.

“Already?” Jun looked at Ari.

“You didn’t tell her?” Beenzino finally spoke up referring to Ari, while Jun was a little too nervous.

“No but I was going to until Dok opened his mouth.”

“That cannot be my fault.” He said putting his hands up and making a face to Ari.

“Well anyways, let me do my job.” Ari huffed. “C’mon Jun let’s go.”

Jun smiled at their relationship with each other, it was kind of like a family.

“Bye.” Jun said while waving and they all waved back.

 

Evening

Jun just got done from a long day’s work, luckily the entire time she was there she was only with Ari. She learned how to do her research on gig if they wanted to hire Illionaire to preform somewhere, how to get venues, interviews, connecting with other labels and artists, how to handle profit and the minimum Illionaire would get paid for a show.

Jun waved good-bye to Ari, she was always the last to leave being the manager. The building was completely empty, Ari told Jun that she and Illionaire were usually the only people in the building after hours, but Dok and The Quiett went out for drinks, while Ari had no idea where Zino went off to.

Jun let her hair down as she was exiting the building.

“I was waiting for you.” Jun heard a deep voice, hoping it wasn’t person she thought it was.