De-stress (VIXX N)

One Shots!! :)

You are having a really hard time recently and have a lot going on that is stressing you out. N sees that you are struggling and tries to comfort you. 


“URGH!” I can’t take it. I can’t do anything. I can’t function, I can’t write, I can’t read, I can’t even think clearly! I slam my head on my keyboard. Why this week? Why does EVERYTHING have to be this week? Project after project, essay after essay, test after test— all this week! It’s only Tuesday, and the week is still young, but the stress just keeps pilling up. Normally, I’m pretty organized, able to keep myself in check during busy schedules. But this week? I’m ready to blow a gasket. 

~Achilachil fantastic!~

I look over to the corner of my desk, the screen of my phone lit up as it’s singing mocked me. I looked back at it with a stank face, matching that of the caller himself. 

“What do you want?” My voice was monotone, a hint of anger lingering on the question.

“[Name]-ah! We have a break from schedule today!~ Do you want to come join us for some—“ I sigh. Hakyeon… 

“—Just because you’re you have a break today doesn’t mean I do.” The phrase came off a lot colder than intended. So cold that I could just feel N’s disgust through the phone. “Look- I’m sorry. I just have a lot on my plate. Go enjoy your time off.” I hung up before he could answer. Today, I have no tolerance whatsoever, and I’d rather not take my frustration out on my friends. 

———

Focus, focus, focus… I can do this… I can—

My train of thought is instantly interrupted by an anxious knocking on my door. Not needing any visitors, I attempted to block out the sound. The knocking returned, even louder and more obnoxious than the time before. I let out a sigh, as I pushed away from my desk and dragged my feet to the door. I rose to my tip toes, placing my eye to the door’s peephole. “Aish… really?”

I unlock the door and open my mouth to ask Hakyeon what he thought he was doing, but he pushed right past me and straight to my room. 

“Hey! HEY! What do you think you’re— HEY!!!” Hakyeon is gathering everything on my desk. My papers, my books, my pens, pencils, highlighters, even my laptop. “Give that back!” I shouted, jumping to reach my possessions. He held everything high over my head so I couldn’t reach it. A devilish grin crossed his face as he put them on the tallest shelf of the wall, the one that was empty due to my inability to reach it. 

“HAKYEON!!!” 

He clicked his tongue, shaking his finger back and forth in a scolding way. “You, miss, need a break.”

“I’ll take a break when I’m done!!” I knew that was a lie. There’s no way I would get done with all of the endless tasks at hand, especially in my condition. The stress had completely taken over, causing my voice to crack as I shouted at the young man in front of me. A tear ran down my cheek and my knees buckled, causing me to drop to the floor in front of him.

In this wave of emotion, I thought he might have mercy; give me my work back so I could work, or suffer, in peace. Instead, he grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me to a standing position. He smiled. “This is why you need a break.”

———

“So, let’s just talk.” Hakyeon said through a mouthful of ice cream. He brought three whole gallons of ice cream with him, and truth be told, they didn’t last us very long. 

“Well, I’m kinda stressed right now…” I mumbled, taking another spoonful. I looked up to see N giving me a very noticeable stank face. 

“Gee, I would have never guessed…” Sarcasm lingered on his tongue. 

“Well it’s true! There’s way to much to do, my mind is literally going to explode.” I put my spoon in the carton, only to see that it’s empty. My expression must have changed, because Hakyeon passed his carton to me. 

“You just need to take breaks. Pace yourself. And focus on the good things in life rather than all the bad ones in the present.” I look up, staring at him as he looks back at me. He crossed his legs. “Ya know, being an idol is tough work. I’m stressed all the time. Plus I have to deal with five disrespectful children on a day to day basis.” he laughs. “But I guess it depends how worth while it is. Even if it’s stressful, I know it’s worth the time and effort.” 

I just looked at him, so truthful and so proud. He knows what he’s talking about, and I feel foolish for thinking that my problems are stressful. He has schedules packed for every hour of every day and he never complains about it, not even once. 

“I guess your right…” I smiled at him. “Thanks Hakyeon.”

“I’m always right!” He smirked. Then he looked at my carton, which was again, almost empty. His nose wrinkled at the sight. “Aish! Don’t eat too much! You’ll start to get sluggish!” He stands up, taking the carton away and throwing it in the trash. “Now what are we waiting for? Hit those projects and tests out of the ballpark!” 


This is from the discontinued VIXX Scenario blog that I was an admin to. I actually really needed to read this one again because finals are next week and the stress is unreal. This is another one of my favorites so enjoy!~