Imperfection (Super Junior Donghae)

One Shots!! :)

“Hae, baby... I thought you said we were going to hang out today..." I looked up at the man who dragged me all the way to the SM building. The one moment I 've had alone with him for months and we're here, standing outside of what seems like a black hole that devours his every second of every day. This date was going to be anything but perfect.

“It's bring your girlfriend to work day?" He said with a smirk as more of an excuse than a question. "Trust me, Tay" he said as his fingers intertwined with mine. "You're going to love it. "

Normally visitors aren't allowed in SM, but other than a couple glances from people wondering why the heck some white chick was here , it seemed like no one much cared. I've never seen the inside before, but it was quite cool. I followed Donghae until we reached a room. He opened the door and I saw the infamous clouded backdrop that could only belong to the dance practice room. My fishy's domain. Though something was off; sitting in the middle was an old record player.

"So? What do you think?" Donghae stood next to the gramophone smiling like the little kid he is. "I went through the closet and found this and several records." He excitedly shuffled though some old albums and put one on the machine. After fiddling with it for a while, some oldies swing music filled the room. I was so fixated on his lovely smile and excitement with what he found that I didn't realize what he was saying.

"Let's dance!"

Before I could respond, he seemed to literally sweep me off my feet. I didn't really know what I was doing, but I followed his lead. There were lots of twirls and spins and shuffling across the wooden floors. The music was just as lively and cutsy as the man himself and unlike me, he never stumbled or missed a beat.

"You're pretty good at this, Taylor!" He said as he spun me into his chest as the song was reaching his end. He dipped me, holding me there until I responded. But with the way he looked at me from above, I didn't want to answer. Why would I if at this very moment I felt like the luckiest girl in the world?

"Well, this is a first for sure. I've never danced with a partner before, let alone much at all. Personally, I thought I failed miserably." I nervously smiled up at my little fish, and his eyes got wider in shock.

"Seriously?" Suddenly the music stopped and he lifted me back up. "Well... You were great! I've never had a better dance partner." He gave me that genuine Donghae smile when the music came back on, but this time it wasn't the same upbeat swing. Instead, it was a slower love song with a vintage twing to it.

I felt my cheeks heat up to the new change in music. I could sense Donghae's eyes searching for my attention, although I knew that if I looked into his my cheeks would burn even more. I took a tiny glance up towards him and he smiled back down.

He gently pulled me closer to him and instead of actually dancing, which I was prepared to butcher completely, he simply wrapped his arms around me and propped his chin atop my head. I hugged him back and we just stood there, swaying to the peaceful music. He gently rubbed my back as we waved back and forth, making sure this was really in his possession. I rested my head against his chest and listened to his steady heartbeat. The harmony of the beat and his light breathing to the soft music was absolutely magical.

"So... Was I right?" He whispered

"Hmm?"

"Did you love it?" He bent his neck so he was facing me. His face was just inches away from mine and his dark eyes sparked with hope.

"Mhmm." I nodded my head with a smile. "I loved it."

To my surprise he leaned closer and kissed me on the nose; a simple, innocent kiss that was not simple at all. It meant the world to me. He pressed his forehead to mine and we just looked into each other's eyes with such intensity that I was drowning in those chocolate eyes of his. Life seemed to be perfect at that moment and neither of us had any care in the world. We were just happy to be together.

"Are you two done? It IS still a work day, Hae. We've got a dance to practice!" There at the door stood all of Super Junior, Eunhyuk speaking out against his best friend. As if on cue, the record changed to the next song, back to the swinging pop, and reality seemed to return. We both looked at the group, then the record player, then back to each other. There was nothing else to do but laugh, so we did--at how perfect imperfection could be. ♦


Goodness... this was written ages ago.... wow. That's all I can say.