Fourth Moon

The Moon's Lover
Please log in to read the full chapter

It’s been a week since the jar accident and Howon could help but thinking about her, thousand of questions popped every time the thought of her invaded his mind.

Who is she? What is she? Why she helped him? How could she know about the jar? How could she find out about his curse?

Howon let out a heavy sigh as leaned back to his big black chair with a glass of wine on hand. His eyes wandered around his big and quiet library, only the dim yellow light at his desk lightening the room.

No, he shouldn’t think about it. All these years, he never gives any damn so why he should think about it now just because a stranger claimed she could see his curse?  

I think you should start to talk to her about… you know…

Another heavy sigh slipped from his lips as he remembered Sunggyu’s suggestion after the jar accident. He sipped his wine with eyes closed; hoping the red liquid could ease his troubled mind a bit. 

No.

He didn’t need that. He didn’t need to talk about this curse anymore. He didn’t need to waste his time for this bull. He finished his wine in one gulp then decided to call it a day.

 

 

Her arms stretched out but she couldn’t reach him, she called out and ran to him but she was late. She was always late.

He turned his head and flashed the most beautiful smile she ever seen then she could only stare when his body turned into cherry blossom petals then gone with the wind.

Her eyes snapped open as she sat up immediately. She panted softly with a thin layer of sweat covering her forehead. She rubbed her face against her palms while trying to calm herself. Glancing at the clock, she let out a soft sigh.

2 AM, as always.

Like a routine, she got out of her room then open the back door as quiet as possible because she didn’t want to wake the entire house. She didn’t want them know about her dream. They didn’t need to know after all.

After she closed the door quietly, she closed her eyes, letting night breeze brushed her face. Fall is around the corner. The cold and wet grass tickled her bare feet as she walked to the single swing that hanging onto the big tree at their backyard. She took a seat and swings it lightly, enjoying the cold grass brushing the soles of her feet while staring at the moon.

Moon would look very beautiful in the middle of the night.

She smiled as she remembered her grandmother words. She was right; the moon looked so beautiful, just like what she saw in her dream.

The same dream, same situation, same place and same ending every night.

Who is he? Why she couldn’t see his face clearly? And why she kept having this dream for years yet she still couldn’t figure out who he was and what’s the meaning of this dream?

 

 

 

“Yo my man!” Myungsoo jolted lightly when he felt a tap on his back. He rubbed his chest while other hand clutched his camera tightly as he glared at the culprit.

“Yah! Lee Sungyeol! What if I drop my camera?!” He held the device tightly against his chest but his so-called best friend only shook his head in disbelief.

“Kim Myungsoo, you are so unbelievable” Sungyeol said with both hands on hips. “You already have a girlfriend yet you still head over hell to your camera?”

Myungsoo just rolled his eyes Sungyeol’s remark. Myungsoo need to remind himself why Sungyeol was his best friend.

“But it’s okay, I think your weirdness is one of your charm”

Myungsoo ignored him and walked away, muttering ‘let’s go’ as he hangs his camera strap around his neck carefully then shouldering his backpack and in a flash, Sungyeol already walked alongside him.

Today, they planned to go to around China town because Myungsoo wanted to take some pictures and as his best friend, Sungyeol had to accompany him but Myungsoo knows if Sungyeol true intention was shopping. Jeez! What shopaholic.

They took the bus and arrived 20 minutes later, (thanks to the traffic) then without any undo, Myungsoo dragged Sungyeol around to snap some pictures. (Well, they stop almost at every shop because Sungyeol dragged him in)

After an hour, they decided to grab some snacks. They entered a pretty fancy restaurant. (Because Sungyeol insisted if that restaurant sells the best dumplings in town and he wanted to eat dumpling plus Sungjong loves their dumplings so he wanted to bring some for his beloved boyfriend)

After they finished (Sungyeol left with three boxes full of dumplings) they walked around once before headed back the coffee shop. Myungsoo managed to keep Sungyeol followed him without dragging him into another shop after he agreed if they would visit the antic shop at the corner after he finished taking picture. Seriously, Sungyeol is weird.

And Sungyeol didn’t waste his time as he dragged Myungsoo into the shop right after Myungsoo said he was done. As soon as they entered the shop, Myungsoo spotted a familiar man was looking at some old antic brush along with the ink while Sungyeol already walking around the shop, fascinating.

Myungsoo approached that figure and greeted him politely. That man turned around when he heard a soft ‘annyeonghaseo’ from behind.

“Oh! Kim Myungsoo, right?” He said with a smile. “Nice to meet you again”

“Yes hyung…”

“Woohyun hyung”

“Oh okay, Woohyun hyung” Myungsoo smiled. “Are you looking for… ink?”

Woohyun blinked at Myungsoo’s question for a second before nodded once. “Aaah…yeah, as a present”

Woohyun checked on his watch then grabbed the ink and the brush. “I have to go”

Myungsoo nodded and watched Woohyun paid then waved at him saying ‘see you around’ as he left the store. Then Myungsoo realized if he had to find Sungyeol but he didn’t need that because Sungyeol showed in front of him with two pair of antic bracelet.

“Let’s buy this for Sungjong and Suzy!” Okay, at least Myungsoo didn’t have to ask.   

 

 

Please log in to read the full chapter