two

Wish upon a star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunnie what do you wish for?

To protect my Boo always.

 

Luminous doe-eyes blinked open but panicked filled them the moment the white sterile room filled their vision.

The owner of those hypnotic eyes, Kim Jaejoong, tried to recall how she landed in this unfamiliar place. The last thing she remembered was grocery shopping and then returning home. She struggled to open the door and lost her footing and fell of the small 4-step porch, right on her stomach.

Jaejoong gasped, and immediately clutched her stomach.

The stinging pain and the flatness made her break into cold sweat and she feared the worst. She flinched violently when the door opened and an elderly nurse entered.

“oh! You're awake.” The nurse smiled cordially making Jaejoong relax a bit as the nurse went about her work.

“wh…where’s my baby?”

“your son is in the nursery. He’ll be brought up soon. Quite a scare you gave everyone. You were contracting for hours till your neighbour finally returned home and spotted you unconscious. If there was even a second’s delay, your son and you would be dead.”

Jaejoong recalled the immense pain that shot up her spine. She was in such distress, she couldn’t even move and eventually lost consciousness due to the searing pain. Unfortunately for her, there was no one at that time, because it was a working-class neighbourhood at her accident occurred during peak hours. Maybe the neighbour who called the paramedics had just returned from work.

“I have a son?” Jaejoong asked. She wanted to keep the gender a surprise. Thinking about the fruit of the love between her and the man she loved so much made her smile. It pained her that they had separate, but she was to determined to nurture their son irrespective of a man by her side.

“a very healthy baby boy.” As if on cue, the door opened, “ah! Looks like they’re here. I’ll give you two privacy.” And the nurse left after ushering the tall man and the little bundle in the room.

“Yunho!” Jaejoong began palpitating again. All sorts of ominous thoughts filled her head.

Yunho had his own inner turmoil going on. The two distraught adults were however couldn’t resist a smile when the squirming bundle in Yunho’s arms had woken up. The little human released a small hand and grasped Yunho’s shirt while making dove-like sounds. Yunho walked over to Jaejoong when she reflexively stretched out her hands for her son. Yunho didn’t hesitate to place the baby in his arms and instead of sitting on the stool beside the bed; he sat on the vacant space near Jaejoong on the bed.

Jaejoong didn’t even realize it, with her vision filled with the sight of her son and happy tears. She only looked up when she felt the bed dip and was frozen when she felt familiar soft lips against her plump ones.

“I missed you.” Yunho whispered tears evident in his eyes. His hand caressed the small head of his son while he looked longingly at Jaejoong.

“I missed you too.” Jaejoong replied, a sad smile playing in her lips, “how did you know about….” She trailed off looking at their child.

“coincidence, fate, luck, take your pick.” Yunho answered, “I was here and happened to see you when you were brought in.”   

“why were you here? Is...is….your father….your parents are here?” Yunho could see the obvious fear in Jaejoong’s eyes even if she tried to hide it, because Yunho could read her like an open book and the vice versa.

“Jaejoong, did my parents do something?” Jaejoong seemed hesitant but Yunho was losing patience, “Jaejoong don’t hide anything from me. I know my parents well. Hell they even threatened me to hurt you! I know how low can stoop, so just tell me.”

Jaejoong could see Yunho was getting frustrated, because it was rare for him to have an outburst. He was just introverted and could only express himself to his grandparents and her person, and that exclusivity was held by her now that his grandparents were dead.  With a deep breath and a tight hold on her son, she opened to speak.

“I found I was pregnant a week after your mother fired me. I don’t know how they found out but just an hour after I got my medical reports. I guess they were keeping tabs on me.” Jaejoong recounted with teary eyes as Yunho’s patience wore thin with each word. He could picture the scene quite vividly having seen his family’s villainous side himself.

Jaejoong felt the same fear she felt in their presence as she did remembering it, not fear for her life but for her child’s. Months ago Jaejoong showed symptoms any grown women could recognize as pregnancy. She had visited the doctor to confirm and get advice on taking care of herself since it was probable she was in this alone. She contemplated if she should tell Yunho or not but didn’t get to make up her mind when she arrived at her suburban home she had bought with her parents small inheritance. Mr and Mrs Jung and Jung Jihye stood outside her residence. If Jaejoong found it weird that the man who was supposedly bed-ridden was standing in front of her hale and hearty as horse she held it back. The Jungs with an air of superiority spoke acerbically at Jaejoong. In the hour and a half discussion or rather it was just the Jungs talking and Jaejoong listening

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter