Epilogue 1

Wish upon a star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The door creaked open and Jaejoong poked her head in. A quick glance at the crib had her chuckling. It was about 7 in the morning but not that bright since the weather has been rainy since the night before. Nevertheless even in the dim lighting, Jaejoong could see the blanket thrown over the wall of the crib to function like a slide outwards. Inside the crib soft toys and pillows were stacked to work as steps to climb to the cloth slide escape.

Jaejoong looked around to locate her son. If it weren’t for Changmin’s habit of rolling off the bed Jaejoong would have upgraded her son to a bed but Yunho insisted he’s not ready for it. in the meantime, they had deal with their son’s prison break habit.

Changmin was found among his toys slumped over the belly of his large teddy bear. The 2 year old was quite fond of the stuffed animal as is his father and Jaejoong feels mighty proud that she made it herself. She walked to her son and gently picked him up. Out of habit, the boy curled into his mother’s familiar embrace.

“hey Minnie, wake up. We’re going out today.” Jaejoong coaxed her toddler.

The reminder of today’s event was enough to open the eyes of the toddler. He rubbed his eyes with a tiny fist and smiled at his mother, “goo munning.”

“good morning Minnie. You want to go wake your daddy?” the toddler nodded and Jaejoong released him from her hold. The toddler nimbly landed on his feet and took the stuffed bear by its arm and exited his bedroom. Jaejoong winced when the bear hit the door frame while being dragged and she was sure its button popped out for the fourth time.

The bear was really old now and frayed and damaged from overplaying by the two Jung males. Jaejoong made a mental note to speed up on the new bear. It was as identical to the current one as possible and once it’s done, she will switch them without Changmin’s knowledge.

 

Changmin entered his parents’ bedroom vaguely remembering his assigned task. He is now distracted by the black object on the bedside table on his father’s side. He climbs on the bed, pads across the mattress and literally walks over his father’s torso to get the black TV remote. He then proceeds to sit on his father’s stomach, planting his squarely on Yunho’s abs. Yunho doesn’t even flinch, that deep is his sleep. The boy presses the button and the master bedroom TV turns on to the business news channel. Changmin momentarily turns to frown at his slumbering father and turns his attention back to the flat screen. He couldn’t for the life of him comprehend what his father finds so interesting about that dull channel. Disney is better!

He has already found his favourite channel in no time and enjoying the ‘Lion King’. It was just around that part where Simba is singing ‘I just can’t wait to be king’ and it’s the little tyke’s favourite so he increases the volume and that’s when Yunho wakes up.

“What the- Minnie! Not this again!” Yunho has lost count of how many times his son has watched the Lion King and this isn’t the first time the Disney movie has served as his alarm clock. “come here you.” Yunho grabs the pudgy baby and while sitting up and Changmin leans his back against his father’s chest not taking his eyes off the movie. Suddenly, he points at the TV and exclaims, “daddy!” Yunho rubs his eyes and looks at the screen and sure enough it was Mufasa’s screen time. Samba followed next and Changmin again pointed, “Minnie!”

“oh so we’re lions now!” Yunho lifted his son’s body and blew raspberries on the round belly eliciting loud squeals. He growled playfully like a lion and Changmin growled back though it was more of a raspy ‘Ah!’

“lion king again?” Jaejoong leaned by the door. She was there for quite a while and smiling at her family.

“yeah. How can he watch it over and over again?”

“because it’s timeless.” Jaejoong said as she pecked her husband’s lips and turned to her son, “why don’t you and daddy take a bath hmm?”

“daddy bath!” Changmin tugged at his father’s shirt impatiently.

“what’s got him so excited?”

“you forgot? It’s Sunday. We’re going to the zoo today remember.” At the mention of the zoo Changmin growled again and Jaejoong laughed pulling her husband and son out of bed, “Come on get ready. Yoochun and Junsu will be here any moment. Kyuhyun and Kibum are looking forward to it as well.”

 “mama Minnie want pancake!” Changmin ordered his mother while his father carried him to bathroom.      

Jaejoong sighed, “better get the food ready.” Jaejoong was about to leave when the bathroom door suddenly opened and Yunho came running out with a giggly half- Changmin toddling after him. Jaejoong fought

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter