Chapter 7

They Don't Understand

“Yayy! It’s finally Saturday!” I cheered as I slid down the handrail. After a tedious week of work at the book shop, we finally get to go have fun. I hopped off my ride and stumbled a bit as I found my footing. I threw my hands up in the air like a gymnast, “And he sticks the landing!”

“Yah, are you okay?” Wonshik emerged from around the corner suddenly and I laughed at how worried his face looked.

“Yeah, I’m fine, I—”

“I wasn’t talking to you,” he said pointedly at me as he walked over and petted the rail I’d just come down, mockingly cooing at it to bother me.

“Tch, whatever,” I scoffed. Ding dong~ “Woohoo, they’re here!” I jogged over to the front door and opened it for Sanghyuk and Hongbin.

“Hey, Hakyeon hyung!” Hyuk waved and bounced into the house. Hongbin gave me a small smile before walking in after him. Wonshik met them before they could get settled in the living room.

“Okay, nobody get too comfy, we gotta go before the lines get too long,” he spoke with quite an authoritative tone. I held in a laugh at how out of character it was.

“Hold up, hyung!” Sanghyuk suddenly speed-walked down the hall, “Bathroom!” he called back to us just as the door closed.

“Aish, that boy,” Wonshik shook his head and started out the door, “We’ll be waiting in the car, Hyukkie-ah!” he called over his shoulder before stepping outside and unlocking the doors.

“Kay!” the magnae voiced from the back of the house. We followed Wonshik and filed into the car.

“I’ll sit with Hyukkie,” Hongbin volunteered getting into the backseat. I chuckled. Yeah, of course you will. We waited for a minute before Sanghyuk came out the door, remembering to close it behind him. I noticed his foot and laughed.

“Hyuk, stop right there,” I said and pointed out the window to his left shoe. He cursed before violently shaking the toilet paper off and stomping over to sit in the backseat, mumbling under his breath the entire time, embarrassed.

The long drive to the park seemed short as we spent it talking about random things and singing along to the radio. Around ten the traffic on the expressway became bumper-to-bumper, and Hyuk complained that he had to use the restroom again.

“But you just went!” Wonshik glared at the kid through his rearview mirror. Sanghyuk just pouted and crossed one of his legs over the other.

“Yeah, but I drank a lot of coffee this morning!” the blonde argued.

“Why do you even need coffee? You’re as hyper as a bunny as it is,” I said, causing the rest of them to laugh. Even Hyuk laughed at himself before complaining again. “Hyukkie, just go to sleep to take your mind off it,” I advised, and Wonshik backed me up.

“Yeah, we should be there in about half an hour,” he stated and turned the radio up, “which is much too long to have to listen to your whining,” he added, but only I could hear. I chuckled, nodding in agreement. Hyuk seemed to be debating it for a while with his face scrunched up.

“M’kay then,” he piped, immediately claiming Hongbin’s side as a pillow and closing his eyes. Hongbin just sat there for a minute, looking down at the younger with his arms raised slightly, looking unsure of what to do with them. I scoffed and then reached back to help him out.

I pushed one of his arms down so that his hand rested over Sanghyuk’s arm and swatted the other one down so that it fell onto his own lap. Hongbin looked at me with wide eyes, probably not remembering how touchy the two were at the sleepover earlier this week as both had been drinking. I smirked, turning back around to sit in my seat properly.

When we finally arrived at the park we still had to waste time circling the parking lot for a space and then waiting in the long entrance line. We reached the front and Wonshik handed the checker all four tickets, and soon we were inside the park, figuring out a game plan. After Hyuk had returned from the restroom, of course.

“Okay, so I think we should start with this ride here,” I held a map and pointed to a drop ride with a pen, drawing a star and writing ‘start’ under it. The other three looked down at it and nodded, Hongbin sort of reluctantly, though.

“What’s the problem Hongbin?” Wonshik looked up at the man.

“Err, I kinda have a weak stomach, I—I dunno if I should go on it…” Man he’s a bad liar.

“Don’t worry, Hongbinnie,” Sanghyuk reached down and took Hongbin’s hand in his own, “I’ll hold your hand if you’re scared,” he smiled, locking eyes with the other man.

“Yah, I’m not scared of a dumb ride,” he defended, though his eyes told otherwise as they left Hyuk’s and focused on the ground.

“Oh, alrighty then,” Hyuk dropped Hongbin’s hand. Wonshik and I just watched impatiently as the lines for all the good rides grew steadily.

“Hey!” he objected and grabbed Hyuk’s hand again, both of them now smiling like buffoons.

“Alright, now back to this,” I reclaimed the group’s attention as I drew out a path through the park, not forgetting to include breaks for snacks and whatnot, “Alright, everyone cool with this?” I asked, and everyone nodded assuring it was indeed fine with all of them, “Sweet, then let’s go!”

As soon as I said that, HyukBin dashed ahead of Wonshik and I to go stand in the first line. “Yah, wait for me!” I shouted and quickly tailed them, leaving Wonshik to follow me. Lots of waiting later, we boarded the ride, Hyuk sitting next to Hongbin, naturally.

“Are you okay Hongbin-hyung?” He checked, looking to him best he could with the seat restraint in place over his chest and shoulders.

“Y-yeah, I think so,” the ride started moving up, and I saw Hongbin getting really fidgety. I rolled my eyes at him and looked ahead of me at the great view of the park.

“Wahh, this place is so huge!” I said to no one in particular. I saw a car go down the steep hill of a rollercoaster. I could hear the happy screaming of its riders as it fell and went into a loop. On my right, Hongbin started hyperventilating.

“Uh, actually I—I think I made a huge mista—AAAAHAHAHA!!” The ride dropped and Hongbin went mad. All of us were screaming, but I think he was the only one that wasn’t happy. The ride went up and down a few more times and finally came to a halt. I hopped off and fixed my hair, Wonshik following suit next to me.

“Well I think that was a great start, huh?” he asked me and I chuckled, seeing the two people behind me as we all walked down the exit ramp.

“Not for everyone…” I pointed to Hongbin and we both watched as he had a hand over his chest, gasping for air as Sanghyuk had an arm wrapped around him, helping him walk.

“Let’s… let’s not do that… again. EVER,” he breathed, and the rest of us just laughed at his misery. Checking the map I directed everyone to the next few rides, none of them being too scary for Hongbin, thankfully. Said man later tapped my shoulder and asked me something.

"Hakyeon-hyung, can we go get—”

“Hyung! Let’s go on the bumper cars!” Hyuk bounded up next to me and began dragging me by my arm before I could even respond.

“Aww, but I wanna go get Dippin’ Dots… I almost didn’t hear Hongbin complain from behind me, but I did. So when Sanghyuk finally realized that I could get to the line for the bumper cars on my own and let go of my arm, I turned to the group.

“Hey, how about we make it a game?” I suggested and everyone looked at me, waiting to elaborate on the rules, “We split into two teams, and the team that gets bumped the most times loses.”

“Oh, cool,” Wonshik nodded, “But what does the winner get?” I chuckled and looked at Hongbin.

“Loser buys the winner Dippin’ Dots ice cream,” I smiled, proud of myself when Hongbin’s eyes practically sparkled at the announcement.

“Awesome!” he couldn’t mask his excitement, “So who’s on what team?” I shrugged and gestured for them to decide on their own, but no one said anything. Sigh, what would these pabos do without their leader?

“Okay, I want Hyukkie on my team!” I stated. Hyuk pouted a bit as he maneuvered past Hongbin to stand next to me, but he quickly smiled, probably knowing I noticed how he was slightly upset to be going against the other.

“Yayy! I’m with umma!” He piped. Just then the lady called us and said it was out turn to ride. Hongbin and Wonshik took two cars on the opposite side and Hyuk and I sat across from them. The bell rang and the cars started rumbling. I couldn’t keep myself from laughing as Wonshik nearly fell out of his car trying to speed.

“Ah!” I shouted as I felt a bump on my side. I snapped my head over to glare at the sneaky Hongbin as he sped off to hunt down the cackling Sanghyuk who was in turn now chasing Wonshik around.

I laughed again and finally moved my car forward targeting Hongbin. I bumped him in the rear of his car and then turned around quickly before he could suspect me.

“Hyung, who else could that have been?” I looked back at him and he was smirking, coming towards me and bumped my car’s front, and as I tried to back away I was pushed forward again by Wonshik.

“Aish! I can’t catch a break!” I complained laughingly as the two started to bump me forward and backwards between them like a tennis ball. Luckily they’d forgotten about Sanghyuk. I laughed super hard when Hyuk came over and crashed into Hongbin, bumping him really far away from me.

“Yah! Stop tormenting my umma!” We all chased each other around for another couple minutes or so until the ride stopped. I felt a bit dizzy after being knocked around so much so I wobbled a bit, standing to get out of my car. I stumbled a bit walking out of the ride exit, but Wonshik came over and kept me upright with an arm around my waist. The four of us walked towards the Dippin’ Dots stand as we talked about who lost.

“I bumped Hakyeon-hyung at least thirty times!” Wonshik objected when Hyuk was trying to convince them that he and I won.

“No way! I bumped appa at least forty!” Sigh, this argument is going nowhere. I butted in.

“Yah, let’s just do rock paper scissors!” I said, stopping in my path and holding my hand up. They all copied and Wonshik ended up beating Hyuk rock to scissors.

“Dang…” Hyuk pouted, but he took his wallet out nonetheless. I followed suit, getting Wonshik his banana ice cream. Hyuk got Hongbin strawberry flavored. I was still upset we didn’t win. I like Dippin’ Dots, too dammit! I started complaining under my breath about how it was so unfair and that the other two are just lucky.

“Aish, baby, stop mumbling already, it’s getting annoying,” Wonshik said to me. I frowned and turned to look at him.

“Yah! I w—” suddenly a plastic spoon with a bunch of ice cream pieces was shoved in my mouth.

“There, you got ice cream, happy?” he smirked taking the spoon from my mouth and scooping up more ice cream and eating it himself.

“Yeah, whatever…” I said quietly, shutting up for the next few seconds. Hyuk poked Wonshik’s arm with the hand that wasn’t latched with Hongbin’s.

“Hey, hyung, isn’t that Taekwoon-ssi?” We all directed out attention to where the magnae was pointing towards the carousel ride.  Sure enough there was Wonshik and Hyuk’s coworker being tugged towards the ride by… the waiter from the bubble tea shop?

“Omo, that’s Jaehwan-hyung, too!” Hongbin whisper-shouted to the rest of us, “What are they doing here together?” Good question, Binnie.

We kept watching them. Jaehwan kept pulling Taekwoon’s hand, but the latter’s feet were glued to the ground. Jaehwan pouted and then smirked, leaning over to press a quick kiss onto the corner of Taekwoon’s lips.

“Omo, they’re on a date!” Hyuk squealed.

Taekwoon’s face reddened and this time he was the one pulling Jaehwan by the hand to the colorful horses. The two sat on one of the still benches, and Jaehwan seemed a bit upset. Probably because he wanted to sit on a moving horse but wanted to be with Taekwoon, too. However, the waiter smiled as Taekwoon wrapped an arm around his shoulders and the ride started.

“Haha, I’m going to have to torment Taekwoon-ssi at work Monday,” Wonshik snickered.

After witnessing the cute scene and slowly meandering through the park for a while, the sun started to set.

 “Yeobo, we should go on that big rollercoaster now,” Wonshik nudged me and pointed off into the direction of the big green structure. I smiled and checked my map again.

“Okay,” I pointed to a path on the paper, “We can follow this road here,” I’m more excited than I seem right now. The only reason I’m not sprinting to the ride is because I’ve got three others slowing me down.

“Actually hyung,” Hyuk appeared on my other side, he and Hongbin holding hands again, “Can we split here? Binnie and I want more snacks,” I shrugged and Wonshik seemed indifferent, too.

“Sure, just meet back at the park exit around eight, okay?” He nodded giddily and dragged Hongbin off to a food stand. I turned to Wonshik.

“We can fit a couple more rides in before the park closes, but we have to hurry,” he told me. I smirked and took off running in the direction of the ride.

“Race you!” I called without looking back. I heard him laughing as he caught up to me. The both of us ran all the way there and were panting by the time we got to the ride’s line. “We must get seats in the front!” I stated and my friend chuckled. I can’t wait to ride this! I thought as the line moved up in the slightest of bits. I sighed. Only twenty three minutes to go…

o-o-o-o-o-o-o

It was totally dark by the time we all got back into the car. Sanghyuk and Hongbin had pretty much passed out as soon as they sat down and were now both dead to the world as they slept. I smiled and looked down to the photo in my hands of Wonshik and me on the rollercoaster. I was just grinning and screaming through my teeth the whole time, so I looked okay. Wonshik on the other hand looked scared out of his mind as his eyes were squeezed shut and his mouth was wide open.

“Hah, you look like a moron,” I said lowly so not to wake the two bodies in the backseat.

“Yah, it was a really big drop!” I chuckled and looked out the window. Several shops were still open, and their lights flooded through the large windows. One in particular caught my eye as I saw some really nice hats inside.

“Hey, baby can we go look in that store right there?” I pointed, poking the glass of my window with my finger.

“Sure, I don’t see why not,” he pulled off the road and into the lot. Both of us exited assuming Hyuk and Hongbin were fine by themselves for a couple minutes. Once inside I immediately gravitated to the hat section. I tried on a few snapbacks and completely disregarded Wonshik as he wandered around the store.

“Ooh!” I reached up and grabbed a large panda head hat, “This is so funny!” I laughed and put it on. I navigated through the few isles and found Wonshik looking at something under a glass jewelry counter. I snickered as I sneaked up behind him. I tapped his shoulder and he turned around and jumped a little.

“Hakyeon, what are you doing?” I laughed and kept doing a little dance in my hat.

“This is so cute isn’t it?” I smiled and poked the large thing adorning my head.

“Are you gonna buy it?” I frowned. I was kinda hoping he’d volunteer to buy it for me, “Go put it back then. We should get back to the car before those two wake up.” He turned back to the counter, and a worker came out and started talking to him. I pouted, but walked back to the rack nonetheless.

“Fine, I’ll get you next time,” I told the panda as I placed him back amongst his friends.

“Ready to go?” Wonshik suddenly appeared behind me and it was my turn to jump in surprise. He chuckled and I slapped his arm.

“Yah, don’t scare me like that,” I said and walked out the door into the parking lot. Wonshik walked up beside me and it was then I realized he had a bag in his hands. “Hey, what’s in that?” I reached for it, but he lifted it out of my reach before I could get it.

“You’ll see, just hold on,” he put the bag in his other hand, and I ignored him and reached for it again only for him to repeat his actions as well.

“Aww, why can’t I see?” he exhaled and unlocked the car and we both climbed inside. Hyukbin had just shifted positions slightly but appeared to still be asleep.

“Okay,” Wonshik reached into the bag, and I clapped, “I was gonna wait until we got home, but since you just have to have it now…” he pulled out a package with two chain bracelets inside. One had a red star charm and the other one a blue one. I cooed at how cute they are.

Wonshik opened the package and held the two bracelets up, one in each hand, “Okay, pick one.”

“Yayy, I get to have one?” I grinned and he chuckled.

“Of course, that’s the point of there being two,” he said as if it was obvious. Hey, one could’ve been for Hyuk or something! I pointed to the one with the red charm.

“That one ‘cause it matches my hair!” I bounced a little in my seat and he handed it to me. I quickly put it around my wrist and fastened it easily. I looked over at my friend and he was struggling putting his on. He had one part of it in his mouth as he tried to latch it.

“You’re pathetic,” I laughed as I pulled his arm down from his mouth and fastened the bracelet for him.

“Thanks,” he held his hand up, admiring it for a second before putting the car in drive and pulling out of the parking spot.

“Not a problem. And thank you,” I leaned over and pecked his cheek, “For buying them, sweetie,” I smiled as I sat back in my seat and turned my new bracelet around on my arm a couple times. I held my hand up and shook it, making the little star dance.

“Heh, not a problem.”

o-o-o-o-o-o-o

As weeks passed, Wonshik and I had grown into a steady routine of going to work every day and alternating turns cooking meals. Hongbin and Hyuk still visit regularly, and we often still have more sleepovers, though now they’re just on the weekends so we could get as drunk as we want. Overall, nothing’s really changed at all except Hongbin and Hyuk are dating now, but really that shocked neither of us.

I get off work at Binnie’s three hours before Wonshik comes home from his job at the art magazine. I smiled, thinking about what kind of story he’d share with me about his work today. Every day he makes sure to enlighten me on whether he just sat through a construction meeting or actually got to do what he loves most: taking photos of things, like he did that day he took me and Sanghyuk along.

I looked down to my dak galbi which is now almost done. I smiled as it turned out perfectly and plated it, just as I heard Wonshik’s key turning in the door. I heard him curse as he dropped his keys on the porch and left the kitchen to get the door for him.

I opened it and he was standing there with a frown on his face and his hand holding the key up to the doorknob. He sighed and looked up at me. I smiled and waved as I let him in the door.

“Hey, how was work?” I ask this question every day, and every day he responds with a smile telling me how great it was. However, today he just trudged past me and tossed his jacket over the sofa and flopped down onto it, sighing and dragging his hands down his face. He didn’t answer my question, but he didn’t really need to.

I walked over and sat on the seat next to him. “Dinner’s ready if you’re hungry,” I offered. He only mumbled ‘thanks’ but didn’t move, instead deciding to close his eyes and let his head fall onto the back of the couch. “Okay, tell me what’s up. The mention of food always gets you moving.”

“The editor didn’t accept any of my photos, and then he embarrassed me by dissing them in front of my coworkers,” he groaned. That’s new, his photos were always accepted, and most times they were the most popular ones in the magazine.

“Don’t worry, it’s only Wednesday. I’m sure you’ll get your mojo back tomorrow. Or maybe it’s just him and he’s on his man period and hates the world for no reason. Then it’s not your fault at all.” He glared at me through a cracked eye. Okay, maybe I said the wrong thing.

“Yeah, sure.” I think I just upset him more. I sighed and patted his shoulder.

“It’s alright, everyone has their ‘off’ days,” I got an idea and got up and walked around to the back of the couch, “Here, maybe you’re just a little stressed. You do work very hard after all.” I told him as I placed my hands on his shoulders and began to give my friend a neck massage. He relaxed immediately. “See? I told you~” I sang as I worked at a knot. He made a satisfied sound and I chuckled, happy I can make him feel better.

I stopped after a bit and he automatically stood and walked around to where I was. “Better?” I asked.

“Yeah, definitely better,” he smiled and brought a hand up to my chin. He tilted my head upward a little and the next thing I knew there was a pair of warm lips on mine. I felt my eyes close and my hands find their way onto Wonshik’s shoulders. This is new… and I like it. I smiled into the kiss at the thought and he copied me. We’d exchanged a lot of small kisses before, but never on the lips. He pulled away, but quickly placed one more quick kiss on my lips before stepping back. He grinned at me, “Thanks, baby.”

“Any time, now how about dinner?” he nodded and into the kitchen we went. I hope the food’s still warm enough, I thought as I poked at the noodles with my chopsticks. I picked up some and a piece of chicken and smiled, mentally congratulating myself on my own flawless cooking. Yep, still hot.

I looked across the island at Wonshik who was being a weirdo as per usual. He had one eye closed as he held up a wad of noodles in his chopsticks and stared at me.

“Uhmm, I hate to interrupt,” I swallowed my food, “But what the hell are you doing?” he chuckled and put the food back on the plate.

“I was trying to see if your new hair color matches the noodles,” I gaped and reached a hand up to my newly honey-colored hair.

“My hair does not look like the food!” I glowered at the now laughing man.

“I dunno; the colors are kinda close,” I smirked and pointed at his hair.

“Well at least mine isn’t such an obnoxious color green. I mean really, what on earth compelled you to do that?” He pouted.

“It’s festive…” I gave him a look and he chuckled to himself. “Aish, whatever,” he put a piece of chicken in his mouth while I laughed. We ate in a comfortable silence for a few minutes before I remembered something.

“Hey, yeobo,” he looked up from his food, “Hongbin said he and Hyukkie are coming over tomorrow, and he said to have the Xbox ready,” I said and stuffed a bite of noodles in my mouth.

“Hah, they’re always over here, what’s new?” I shrugged.

“I guess they wanna have a game night. It has been awhile since we had one,” I gestured to him with my chopstick, raising my eyebrows quickly for emphasis.

“That’s because you always wanna play those dance games, and none of us can ever beat you!” I smiled, totally guilty.

“Hey, I can’t help that I’m so awesome. Actually no, you and Hongbin just at them,” I chuckled and swallowed another mouthful. “Sanghyuk is my only real competition.”

“Well then tomorrow, we’re playing my games for a change,” he smirked as he chewed. I whined.

“But I’m not good at all those dumb fighting games.”

“Hah. Exactly,” he said with a devious smile and finished his serving.

“Fine then… you done?” I gestured toward his bare plate. He nodded and stood up, taking mine too.

“Yep. I’ll do the dishes tonight, and your drama should be on soon, right?”

“Oh yeah!” I remembered my favorite drama series comes on this night and immediately rushed to the sofa, flicking the TV on. After a few commercials the show came on and I squealed in excitement. A while into it, Wonshik finished washing dishes and came and sat next to me, eating from a bowl of ice cream.

“What I miss?” he asked and I told him everything that happened so far. Once he was up to speed, both of us were into the storyline. On the next commercial I looked over at my friend, still contently eating his dessert.

“Hey, I want ice cream, too,” I pouted and gave him a pointed look.

“Okay then,” he scooped another spoonful, and the blue charm on his bracelet knocked against the side of the bowl in the process making a soft clanking sound. He held the spoon up to me, “Here.” I glowered at him for a second for treating me like a baby, but then decided that I really wanted the ice cream and ate it.

“Mmm,” I my lips and stood up, “I want more~” I hovered into the kitchen and opened the freezer, removing the entire tub and grabbing a spoon before quickly shuffling back to the living room.

“What, do you not believe in bowls now?” Wonshik joked, but I paid it no attention as the show came back on. I responded without looking away from the screen.

“What does it matter? It’s almost empty,” I pointed the opening of the container to him to prove my point.

“Huh, alrighty then.”  We both sat and watched attentively then, neither of us said anything until the show went off. There was a marathon on tonight, so no one had spoken for almost three hours. Wonshik stretched and got up to turn the TV off and the lamp on. I yawned.

“What time’s it?” I know it’s really late already because the second he turned the television off it was totally dark, hardly any light coming through the windows, just a bit from a streetlamp nearby.

“Uhhh, about nine,” he looked over at me, “You’re tired already?”

“Yeah, I guess,” I got up and walked towards the stairs, “Kay, goodnight,” I said and left him standing in the living room. I really am tired, I thought as I walked into the bathroom to brush all the icecream residue from my teeth. Once I was minty fresh, I went to my room and changed into some pajamas. I flicked off the light and snuggled into my covers.

“Eh. Nah,” I said and kicked off my covers and making my way to Wonshik’s room. I hopped into his bed, but he’s still downstairs so it’s empty. I took advantage of this and sprawled across it like a starfish, taking up all the available space I could. I smiled, closing my eyes and preparing to sleep.

A few minutes later, as I still was not asleep, I heard the door creak open. “Hakyeon, what are you doing in here?”

“Your bed is comfier,” I mumbled and turned over, burying my face in a pillow in case he turned the light on. He chuckled and sure enough the room was suddenly glowing with rude yellow light. “Yahh! Turn it off!” I complained.

“Not yet, I still gotta change into my pajamas. You’re the intruder here, you know?” I heard shuffling and clothes hitting the floor. I groaned in annoyance. Not caring that he’s stripping I got up from the bed and walked towards the switch, walking right past the half- man. “Yah! Ever heard of privacy?!” he squealed.

“Tch, you act like we’ve never seen each other without clothes on before,” I turned off the light and got back into bed. I heard Wonshik huff.

“You know you can be such a pain sometimes?” I cracked open one eye and saw his figure pulling a shirt over his head.

“Shut up, I’m awesome and you know it,” I stated conceitedly. I closed my eyes again and heard him mumble.

“Yeah, you just keep telling yourself that, pabo,” I chuckled at the joking insult. I felt the other side of the bed dip and Wonshik tossing the covers around, getting under them. “Night, jagiya,” he said making one final shift, getting comfortable.

“Goodnight,” I told him again, and a few seconds later, his infamous snoring started up. I smiled, opening my eyes to check the clock on the table right next to me on the night stand. It was turned a weird direction, so I reached up and repositioned it so I could read it. The glowing green numbers illuminated the dangling charm on my wrist.

Sweet, I’ll still get enough rest before work tomorrow, I thought before finally drifting off to sleep.

o-o-o-o-o-o-o

“No, go away!”

 I opened my eyes groggily and looked at the clock. “Ugh, it’s three in the morning, why am I awake?” Then I heard Wonshik’s voice again from behind me. What the? He talks in his sleep? I my other side and saw my friend scrunching up his face and mumbling things. He certainly wasn’t awake.

“I said leave me alone!” Why must he be so noisy? I groaned and scooched over to smack his arm in a sleepy attempt to wake him from his nightmare. He still whimpered, completely asleep and I sighed. I just want to sleeeeep!

I got even closer and wrapped an arm around his torso, resting my head on his chest. “Baby, shut up already!” I mumbled tiredly and just stayed there. Slowly, the whimpering started to cease and I smiled gratefully. Even though I stopped his nightmare I didn’t move back to my side of the bed and fell asleep like I was, without any interruptions this time.

The next time I woke up there was an annoying beeping sound ringing in my ears. “Errg, stupid alarm,” I complained and buried my face deeper into Wonshik’s chest, trying to block out the sound. He chuckled and I startled a little at the sound. Sometime during the night he had turned to face me and now had his arm draped over my shoulder. He reached over me and pressed a button on the blasted alarm clock, finally silencing it. He replaced his arm and hugged me closer, not moving to get up, and for a while we both just laid there, awake but silent.

However, that oh-so peaceful silence was broken when Wonshik farted. I smacked his chest in annoyance and finally moved and got out of the bed.

“Ew, you’re so gross,” he only laughed. Tch, idiot. I scoffed. “I’m gonna go take a shower,” I said and walked towards the doorway.

“Wait, I have to get to work before you! I should shower first,” I looked over and he sat up on the bed, frowning.

“Well I wanna go first today, so deal with it,” I told him and walked out, headed to the bathroom. I ran the water and turned the shower head on, stripping down and stepping in. The warm water relaxed my already relaxed body even more. I just stood there for a few minutes, enjoying the feeling of the warm water falling on me when the curtain was suddenly yanked back. I yelped in shock and quickly turned around, hiding myself instinctively.

“Wonshik, what are you doing? I’m already in here!” I looked over my shoulder and the man was standing there smirking at me, shamelessly stark .

“Well that’s your problem. I’m gonna be late for work if I don’t bathe now, so either you come out or I’m coming in,” he threatened.

“You wouldn’t…” I almost dared him to do it, but I really didn’t even need to as a moment later he was standing in there with me squeezing soap on his palm. “Ugh, why are you such a creep?” I still stood at an awkward angle using my hands to guard my dignity and Wonshik simply shrugged and started to clean himself.

“Don’t know, but could you move over? I need to rinse off,” hesitantly I moved. I decided that while I’m in here I may as well try to take a proper shower, too. Ignoring the presence of the other, I grabbed the bottle of soap and my loofa and washed up. Though Wonshik seemed entirely too intent on not letting me forget he’s here.

“You know you have a cute ?” he chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

“Yeah, I know, now would you move over please? You’re hogging all the water.” 


A/N: Hey hey! Chapter seven is finally up~ I thought it'd be kinda funny to make someone else the scaredy- cat on the amusement park rides besides N, so Hongbin was victimized XD. I actually really enjoyed writing this chapter, I think it's my favorite so far ^^ I added a bit of Keo as promised to a certain commenter ;) So how was it guys? Don't be afraid to let me know!