My heart is betraying me

Drawback
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yoochun wandered around the house, looking inside every room in hopes of finding Junsu there. Yesterday evening had been a mess but he had hoped to make up for it today. It was unusual for the other to be out when Yoochun returned home from work so the whole situation was a bit unsettling.

Maybe he should watch some dramas and stop being so dramatic. Jaejoong was definitely rubbing off on him.

'But I’m hungry’ he mumbled, feeling defeated when his tummy growled. It was Junsu who usually made their dinner or, at the very least, ordered their take-outs.

Maybe he was out for a football practice?

‘Can’t be’ Yoochun dismissed his own theory immediately. Junsu was very strict with his schedule, he couldn't have missed him talking about something that important.

Thinking of all the possible places Junsu could have gone to, Yoochun made his way into the kitchen. It's not like he was completely helpless, he could make something to eat on his own.

Well, he was wrong, he realized once he opened the fridge.

Maybe Junsu had gone shopping because the only thing left in there was a lonely lemon rotting away on the highest shelf.

Yet again defeated, Yoochun went to watch those dramas which didn't help to lessen his hunger one bit.

Time passed and he grew more and more desperate.

Didn’t Junsu always keep some chocolates hidden away from him in one of his closets? He had seen him hiding them once and had almost managed to snatch some before met with a very protective and angry boyfriend. Junsu loved his chocolate and he always bought only the expensive brands, thus the reason he was protecting them so fiercely.

But- Yoochun's had a life or death situation here, too hungry to care about any possible punishments in the future. Considering that the owner of the chocolate wasn’t home, Yoochun proclaimed it fair game.

He went on a crusade in the corridor but, much to his disappointment, there wasn’t anything of interest except for shoes and jackets. Speaking of which, he had to get his suit back from Jaejoong first thing in the morning. Hopefully it was still in one piece.

Next in line for Yoochun's expedition was Junsu's closet which, unsurprisingly, was filled with shirts and pants and every other article of clothing his lover owned. Then he moved onto the cupboard, once again disappointed by socks, underwear, more socks, more underwear and- wait a minute.

Feeling proud of himself, Yoochun grabbed the box hidden underneath a pile of clothes and did a little victory dance, confident that he shall not go hungry any longer.

Being full of enthusiasm and hope, he emptied the content of the box on the bed, stopping dead in his tracks when, instead of chocolate, some papers fell out of it. He leaned down to inspect them closer and suddenly hunger was not on his mind anymore.

---

After a long debate with the remains of his soul, Jaejoong didn’t call the man that night.

Instead, he decided to do that in the morning.

He had said goodbye to Yunho and thanked him for everything and they had shared a light kiss and smiled at each other and it almost reminded Jaejoong of childhood and playing house. It was nice, secure, but completely not his style. Too bad they were no children anymore but even as a child Jaejoong had been quite nasty.

What could be the worst to happen if he called the man? Something like this- this was not uncommon, right? People cheated on each other all the time and Yunho... Yunho would never know. Had they even talked about being in a real relationship? They sure hadn’t been intimate for these past two months, so... For all Jaejoong knew, Yunho considered him nothing but a good friend.

Does Yunho take all his good friends on dates and kisses them? Does Yunho whisper silly things in their ears while playing with their fingers? Does Yunho tell them he loves them?

‘Whatever’ he decided, dismissing the reasonable part of his brain and pressing the number on his phone.

The call was cut short by someone else trying to reach him. Seeing as it was Junsu, Jaejoong answered him first.

‘Hey’

‘Good morning, Jae’

‘Yeah, good morning whatever. What is it, angel? How comes you’re calling me?’

Because Junsu didn't call him for no reason, especially not in the mornings as everyone knew Jaejoong was practically unusable in the early hours of the day. Had he forgotten something? Junsu often called him when he forgot things.

‘There's no particular reason I'm calling you’

Ok...

‘Really? So... there’s something you wanted to tell me or you just... you know, don't have anything better to do with your time?’

Shouldn’t you be snuggling with your Yoochun right about now?

For a while there was no answer and Jaejoong wondered if maybe Junsu had ended the call or fallen asleep when he talked again.

‘You know, it's really nothing. I'm just bored. Maybe you want to go out for a drink this evening?’

What was this now? A Olympics? Junsu didn't ever drink or ask him out. If this was to continue, he would never get laid. He had to say no but he had never said no to Junsu before. Junsu was his friend and what if he and Yoochun had a big fight and now it was Jaejoong’s one and only chance to steal this angel away?

Not that it could happen in a million years. Besides, wasn't Yunho his one and only big chance now? Wasn't he planning on cheating on his one and only big chance with some random man?

Yeah, got to do that

'Ah, I’m sorry, I was planning to spend my evening, um- ’ not a good beginning of an excuse for cheating ‘I mean, I’ve already something else planned so maybe some other time?'

Of course this was suspicious. Even Jaejoong found himself suspicious and he was the one making excuses.

'I could try to cancel my plans if you really want me to’ he offered half-heartedly.

It's not like he was lying. He could cancel his plans and return to the right path but he would rather not. He wasn't lying, those were just- ok, totally lies. Maybe if Junsu really insisted he would reconsider but when his friend let out a small 'never mind' he knew the case was closed.

'Let's go out some other time, Jaejae. Take care and have fun'

Fun

'Sure, Su' he ended their short conversation and, although the younger hadn’t really sounded disappointed, Jaejoong felt guilty. The feeling in his stomach was unpleasant and his heart was unsettled. He didn't even want to do this anymore.

Taking out the card the man had slipped him and turning it around a couple of times in his nimble fingers, Jaejoong deciding to tear it up. Maybe this was his one chance to do the right thing, to endure

Please log in to read the full chapter