Tone Deaf

Drawback
Please log in to read the full chapter

‘It’s been two months’

Jaejoong slammed down the bottle with enough force to break the table.

'Two months you say, huh' Yoochun answered, absent-mindedly starting to collect his things off of the surface to protect them from geting soked.

Both of them were sitting in a cheap- bar where only the bravest of souls wandered in. It also happened to be Jaejoong's favorite place in the whole wide world and the one he affectionately called "home". It was Yoochun’s first and Jaejoong’s third bottle and at least one of them wasn't planning to stop.

It wasn't Yoochun.

‘Hey, are you even listening to me?’ Jaejoong narrowed his eyes, leaning closer ‘because you should. Isn’t this kind of your fault?’

Because it’s totally your fault

‘Hmmm-’ the other nodded, looking him straight in the face.

'No’

‘Eh, whatever’

Frustrated, Jaejoong made himself more comfortable in the hard wooden chair. This wasn’t something Yoochun could fix or was willing to fix even if he could. After all, Jaejoong was a man who believed that people were responsible for their own choices and that’s why Yoochun had a wonderfully caring boyfriend and Jaejoong, well, Jaejoong... It didn't matter. Yoochun and his boyfriend were at fault that his mind and his heart was a wreck. Now they had to suffer together with him.

‘I mean, come on-’ he took a large gulp ‘yesterday he asked me out to opera!’

Yoochun eyed him with a hint of disdain.

‘Oh, no, the tragedy. Your boyfriend wants to spend time with you at a cultural place’

‘God no, Chun, you don’t get it’

‘I get it’

‘No, you don’t. We’re not boyfriends’

‘Fine. The stranger you've happen to know for two months asked you out to a nice place. The horror’

That sounded awfully insincere and Jaejoong narrowed his eyes. Was Yoochun mocking him? Their conversation was going nowhere because Yoochun was insensitive.

'You really don't get it'

So he drank some more and sulked some more because, while it was true that he had a boyfriend (maybe), it was not just a boyfriend. It was the most perfect human being sent to him by the gods and he was about to it up any minute now. Jaejoong couldn't deal with the thought, could barely deal with anything. How was he expected to pick up his life and turn it around in a matter of weeks?

‘Seriously, I cannot do this’ he closed his eyes and rubbed at them ‘Yoochun, please help me. I know I have no rights asking but- and I probably shouldn’t have dragged you all the way out here-’ oh no, he was rambling again ‘but you always do the right thing. You did the right thing with Junsu’

That got his attention but probably not for the reasons Jaejoong had hoped. Calmly, Yoochun put his bottle down and gave the other a hard, observant look. Jaejoong's eyes had become shiny with tears of drowsiness, his cheeks were swollen which made him look chubby in the face and that all together was a spectacle he had never wanted to see.

Kim Jaejoong was trying to act cute.

‘First' he picked up his bottle and pointed it at the other 'Junsu is no angel. He only puts up that front because you're disillusioned and childish and have pudding for brains. Second, we're not really friends so I don't owe you anything. And third-'

This started to sound awfully close to Yoochun trying to destroy Jaejoong's life.

‘-you're hopeless. You’re a mess. Nobody can help you’

A total defeat. K.O.

‘’

Jaejoong groaned, closing his eyes and savouring the feeling of utter darkeness surrounding him. Yoochun was right. His perfect Yunho was amazing at every aspect of life. He was polite, good-looking, not to mention rich! and yet he had one major drawback.

Jaejoong.

He had gotten involved with someone lesser than him and he was spoiling Yunho’s perfectness.

I’m trash Jaejoong sighed.

Yunho was everything a guy could wish for and Jaejoong was everything a guy should run away from. Toublesome, unkempt, rude and he didn’t even have a decent .

But for some unexplainable otherworldly reason Yunho liked him and that made Jaejoong happy. There were days when he felt like the luckiest human alive and then there were days he felt barely alive, like he was doing the world unjust by existing.

Not enough with the mess that was his own sorry self, he also had to deal with Yunho’s younger brother, Changmin, whom he had accidentally dated one time and acquired as his archnemesis.

At least my life isn’t boring

What were the odds of all that happening to him in less than two months he didn't know, but that didn't change the fact that now he had to deal with it all. On his own. And he couldn’t do it.

Looking at the situation at whole, it was clear that the world was against Jaejoong dating Yunho. He should stop but he wanted the man all the same.

‘I’m going home’ he grumbled and reached in his pocket for money just to realize that he had forgotten his wallet. He grimaced as he looked at Yoochun, the other simply shaking his head and motioning for him to leave.

‘I’ll pay you back’ Jaejoong stuttered, and tripped. Before he hit the ground, Yoochun's steady hand grabbed him and hauled him back up.

'The best way to pay me back would be if you grew up a bit'

Not sure if the other was joking or not, Jaejoong laughed, trying to add something to the conversation but Yoochun had already turned away, staring off into the wall.

'Ok then' he said before grabbing his jacket and fleeing outside.

Youre not that great of a guy either

Once the cool air hit him, he sighed and leaned against the nearby wall. Just a short while ago everything was so easy. If only he could become someone else but himself...

But that was not going to happen.

Life, truly, had been peachy before Yunho had appeared. Drinking and partying and no limitations. One half of him wanted it back but the other wanted Yunho, just Yunho. This shouldn't have been hard but it still was.

It had been two months, damnit, what was wrong with him?

Jaejoong rubbed his eyes, pushing his tired body off the wall and steadying himself.

Easy there, easy. One step at a time 

Just when he felt somewhat stable on his feet, a black rolls royce pulled up to him.

Ok, that’s quite odd

‘Hey cutie’ the owner of it rolled down the window, revealing an older guy 'where have you been?'

Oh god, not this. Not now

‘Hello, mister’ he muttered in response, giving him his best I'm-polite-but-I-don't-want-to-go-home-with-you smile, wondering where he had seen him before. Must have been a hook up of a particularly ty evening if he couldn't even remember the guy's name.

‘Want to get in?’

Hell no.

Jaejoong bit his tongue. ‘No. I cannot today. I’m-’ what was he doing? ‘-working... early tomorrow?’

Which was a lie. He couldn't even remember where he worked at and he definitely was not going to do that early in the morning. But what was a little white lie if it helped getting rid of unwanted attention? He could have said that he had a boyfriend but he had a reputation to upkeep. He was, after all, well known for his free spirit and questionable morals. Not to mention that Yunho hadn't called him boyfriend yet. For all he knew he was just someone the other experimented with until he got tired of him.

No, Jaejoong, you're an idiot and you know it. Yunho's not like that

‘A pity’ the man replied, his eyes lingering on Jaejoong's bare chest which could be clearly seen from his inappropriately light clothing ‘if you gave me a chance you wouldn't have to work at all’

Ugh.

These were the worst. These were the sleezebags Jaejoong couldn't stand. He had ed a whole lot of them and each was worse than the other. All of them thought they could pick him off like some dainty flower and bring him home, feed him and dress him up like a doll.

Just, ugh. He may have slept around a bit too freely but he wasn't a . He hated when people thought they could buy him.

'I'm sorry, I cannot'

And with that he nodded, politely smiling, before walking away, unstable on his feet but still steadily moving forward.

'Wait' his balance was shattered when someone grabbed him by his arm, making him topple backward right into a broad chest. He may have hoped to end this encounter with a polite refusal but some people didn't take ‘no’ for an answer. Instead of driving away, the man

Please log in to read the full chapter