Question 6: Do you guys fight?

Forever With You
Please log in to read the full chapter

Fan Question 6:Do you guys fight?

“Everyone, it’s half past 8 in the evening and you’re still listening to Kwanghee’s Bimil Meeting.”

BAP’s Definitely Today was playing softly in the background as Kwanghee read a few more messages from the station’s message board.

“Do you guys ever fight?” Kwanghee asked, surprising us.

“We fight all the time. We fight over the smallest and silliest things. And we argue on the serious stuff. But we usually make up almost immediately. Except for that time.”

The mood went dark. That story was never really meant to come up, but since we’re going all out in the open, I feel relieved saying it.

“Remember that time when Athens stopped promotions for a while because someone sprained her hand?”

★★★

Winter 2015

“I know you already have your license back home but this is serious business,” he said. “Even if you pass the international license here, you still have to learn how to ride the bike.”

“I don’t get why during this freezing weather, though,” I complained.

“It’s the only time we have,” he claimed point-blank. “Besides, every boyfriend in South Korea has to teach his girlfriend how to ride a bike.”

“We’re not even dating!”

“There’s no such thing as official to Kim Himchan. I like you and that ends there. Now hop on, my poor hand is aching.”

“Yah, I’m not the one with dating rumors!”

“And I don’t care because it’s not true!”

--

“Why on earth didn’t you listen?” He shouted over the phone. My hand was being wrapped prettily in the emergency clinic near the Han River. “Haven’t I always told you to check the tire before you ride, especially when it’s snowing?!”

“Yah!” I shouted back, not minding the surprised expression of the emergency responder. “I forgot, okay? Can you please not shout, you’re hurting my ear.”

“I’m shouting because I’m worried,” he said, the last two words blurring out over the phone. “You don’t know how much I want to see you right now. Argh!”

“You shouldn’t say that,” I said trying to swallow my tears. I’m in pain, okay, but he can’t know that.

“You should go visit the hospital today,” the medic said softly. “I just gave you first-aid. But you should have it checked, I’m guessing 1-2 months rest should be enough.”

★★★

2019

“Ahh,” Kwanghee said. “So that was why Athens had to postpone their Korean debut for a while.  I vividly remember it, though. You play the guitar, right?"

"Yes. I got so much scolding from my manager, the members, even Yongguk oppa," she said biting her lower lip, and then pointing at me. "But he didn't talk to me for almost a week after that phone call."

★★★

December 2015

"You can't think of just yourself from now on," Yongguk Oppa said quietly when all the members of BAP visited our practice room at TS. "I know that you know that already, but just a reminder, you have to think of your members too."

"I'm sorry."

The other members were either busy jamming with the instruments or dancing with our coordi unnies when Yongguk oppa tapped my shoulder. I was hoping so much that it was Himchan, that I think it showed when I saw Yongguk oppa instead.

"I don't think he'll talk to you tonight, though," he said glumly. "You know he's the silent treatment type. He's very disappointed."

"Then I guess it's no use telling him I did it because I was excited to see him."

"Was it around the time we landed at Incheon?"

"Yeah," I said quietly.

"He might just be guilty because it's his fault."

"I'd rather we not tell him that," I said, trying hard to smile. Yongguk oppa just tapped my injured hand and proceeded to tell me how Himchan got his hand broken a few years back.

★★★

2019

"Ahh," Kwanghee teased. "I never saw you as the sensitive guy, Kim Himchan-ssi."

"I do care for my members a lot you know, being their omma and all," I laughed.

"But you're also the omma of Athens right?"

"I'm not really very motherly but I take care of Saeri and Jung a lot."

"That's right," Kwanghee nodded in agreement. "Now let's read more messages from the fans!"

 

“I couldn’t believe that rumor in the Summer of 2015. I just knew it wasn’t true. But is it Oppa?”

“Oppa, why do you have so many girls around you?”

“The rumor is true!”

“Oppa, you’re the best, and you chose the best, so happy for you!”

 

“Ahh,” Kwanghee finally said after the long recital of fan messages. “Fans are sending in their love. “Okay, so to recap, it is seems that whether you guys dated or not is still unclear.”

“It really seems that way,” I said trying to get Kwanghee’s attention to me. She’s been nervously twisting the cap of her water bottle ever since she mentioned that summer. I’m surprised she was even able to relay a few more stories after that. We toured the UK again that year, and we had Athens to play for us. That was one of the things I remember that Summer because we had so much fun at their showcase stage. Another was when we sneaked out and got caught a few times, but it was never even caught on camera.

Please log in to read the full chapter