Question 3: Oppa, did the members know about her?

Forever With You
Please log in to read the full chapter

Fan question 3: Oppa, did the members know about her?

“Now we have international fans logging in to our portal. Himchan ssi, please say hi to these fans.”

“Hi everyone,” I said a little too comfidently. “This is Himchan live on Bimil Meeting. I hope you enjoy listening to this program.”

“Wah!” Kwanghee exclaimed. “I didn’t know you can speak English!”

“We had to learn it during our tours in the US,” I excused.

Truth was, someone special taught me English, and that was how I managed to hold conversations in the foreign language. I got even better than Youngjae!

“Alright,” Kwanghee said, flipping through his script. “Let’s ask the next question. For Himchan, “Oppa, did the members know about her?” Ahh, did BAP members know about her? Ahh, but before you answer this, let’s first play BAP’s Rain Sound. Please listen to it everyone.”

I tried to think of the answer to that question. It happened so long ago that I forgot the details of how surprised they were when we walked into that room.

★★★

December 2014

It was the first week of December, and Hana invited me to spend the last few weeks before Christmas here in Japan. I was a poor student, so when she said I only have to worry about plane tickets, I immediately said yes. Say thanks to mileage for me!

But the truth was, Yeji unnie said she bought me a ticket for BAP’s concert. And because she’s family, she has backstage all access passes.

I’m excited to meet Daehyun of course.

“Himchan said he wants to tour you around Tokyo,” Yeji unnie said when she met us at Narita Airport. She flew in with BAP’s crew the day before to assist the members. So that she can also pick us up from the airport in case Hana gets caught up with family matters.

Saeri and Jung elbowed each other.

“The two of you included, Saeri and Jung,” unnie added.

“I didn’t say anything!” Saeri exclaimed.

The last time I met Himchan for guitar lessons was two weeks ago. He was late, and apologized with a cup of iced caramel macchiato. He then said that in December, it will be hard to meet because of their tour in Japan. The other members, Daehyun expecially, had been asking him where he goes every Thursday night.

 

“He knows I’m meeting someone,” he said in between gulps of his iced Americano. “But until you say it’s okay, I won’t tell them anything.”

“We’re just meeting secretly, you know,” I said in English. “Not exactly ‘dating.’ You can tell them that.”

“Can I be selfish?” He asked in English.

“Do you even know what ‘selfish’ means?”

“Yes!” he groaned. “I don’t want to share you to the members yet.”

“Not even Daehyun?” I asked channeling all my aegyo. “You know I expecially like him.”

“Impossible!”

 

That’s how I got convinced to come to Japan. I was surprised that Himchan even agreed to let me have backstage passes, when he knows I might just ogle at Daehyun.

“Just to let you know,” Yeji unnie said, opening the trunk of her rented car. “I invited Hana along. You know how much she likes my brother, right?”

“At least it’s just your brother,” Saeri said closing the door behind her. “Oppa is good to us and all that, but I’m excited to meet Youngjae, who is the best one out there!”

Please log in to read the full chapter