Unexpected

Unbelievable...

≈Unexpected≈


Kris, so that's the jerk's name. You thought resting your arm against the armrest of the car door. You were picked up right outside of your school as soon as you pass the front gates. Clearly your father has no intention of letting you walk home like the others.

"Miss Yoon, is everything alright?" asked your driver.

Besides the fact that you look a secret agent picking me up? Yes. "Yeah, everything is fine." you replied keeping your thoughts to yourself. You reminded silent for the rest of the ride.

The car pulled up into the driveway of the mansion, dropping you off at the front steps. The two grand doors to the house opened before you reacted the second steps. "Miss Yoon." greeted the two women holding the door open for you. Then one held her hand out, asking for your school bag, while the other is waiting to assist you with your jacket. You hesitated, but do as they insisted. Though you've been treated like this when you were younger, you gain a liking in independence during your time in London. 

You continued your way towards the living room, but you were greeted with familiar voices before you even reach. "I'm home~" you said as you make your way into the room.

Your mother turn around and greet you, "Minnie, honey, come greet your auntie, she haven't seen you in ages." 

You look over to the seat across from your mother's and found your beautiful aunt sitting there. It's hard to believe she's related to your dad. She's so carefree and artsy, compared to him. She is a fashion designer, she travels for most of the year, occasionally visiting Korea. Your father on the other is always busy with the company, it's always work, work, work with him, you can't even recall a time in your childhood when you didn't find him in his study. 

"Minjee, how have you been? Why didn't you come visit your dear aunt in Italy? I'm sure the flight from the UK is much shorter." she said greeting you with a hug and planting a light kiss on your both you cheeks. 

"I've been good, and I would have came to visit, but I was busy with the competition when I was still in the UK." you replied as you both took a seat across from your mother. 

"Oh, right, congratulations on your winnings!" she said cheerfully, "Which reminds me. I brought you some clothes from my new line. It's yet be released, so you will have to be my doll again Minjee-ah~"

Your aunt have always like treating you as doll. When you were young, she used to always dress you up and take photos of you. She would always say how beautiful you are and how someday she would like to a daughter of her own. That was all before her career took off, and now she travels all over the world. You replied her with a simple okay and the next thing you know stylists starts coming into the room carrying boxes and suitcases. You eyes widen at the site, confused about what is happening. You look over to your mother for a explanation.

"There is a business dinner tonight, and your dad wants you to come." she said, your brows knitted together, you wanted to protest but she continued "All the other company CEOs are bring their families, so please honey, do this for me?" she finished.

Your relationship with your dad haven't been great ever since he took over the company, but you know how important it is to your mom for you two to get along so you agreed. You watched as the stylists start to unpack the suitcases full of clothing and hang them onto a coat racks, makeup cases being opened revelling levels upon levels of makeup, hair products and tools. You are overwhelmed, you don't want this....not any of it.

 


 

"Yifan, why are you so late?" Kris' mother asked him as in enters the house, "You know we have your father's dinner to attend, come on go get ready." she rushed him to his room. He enters closing the door behind him and dumps his bag on the ground. He lets out a sigh. I totally forgot....what is wrong with me today....he left the thought and went into his closet to pick out his outfit for the evening.  

 

He just finished putting his suit on when he heard a knock on his door. "Come in." he said standing in front of the mirror, as he begins to put on his tie. 

"Yifan, are you done?" his mother asked from the door, she saw Kris' reflection in the mirror, "Oh honey, you look so dashing~" she said happily.

"Thanks mom." he said half-heartedly, as he struggle with his tie.

His mom reach out to help him, seeing his struggle with it, "Here, let me." it took her only a few seconds to tie the knot. Kris looks at his mother, curious. "I have been helping your father with his ties for years sweetie." she said answering his unasked question. "Okay, let's get going, your sister went with your dad already, so we're the two running late this time." she looks at her wrist to check the time. Kris follows after his mother into the car that was waiting outside their house. 

divide.png

Cars arrived outside the venue for the evening. Each one follows after another waiting to drop off their guests. When it's the Yoon's turn, their car stopped in front of the pathway that leads into a beautifully lighted garden. "Good evening ladies." the host greeted as he opens the car door for Minjee and her mother. "This evenings events will be held outdoors in the 'Minuit Garden', please continue down this path to your event," he explain as he directed their attention towards the lighted pathway, "I hope you ladies enjoy your evening." he finishes and steps aside to allow Minjee and her mother to be on their way.

As they continued on the pathway, they got a better view of the garden. When they finally pass the flower arch, they enter into a beautifully decorated outdoor garden with a elegant fountain in the centre of it. Hanging above it is strings of lights and flowers that blooms out and spreads toward the edge, creating a umbrella of light that made the place look absolutely magical. Minjee stood there observing in awe.

"Isn't it beautiful honey?" her mother asked in delight, Minjee smiled and nodded in response. "Come lets go look for your dad." she said leading Minjee toward the building that the garden connects to. They were greeted by a hall of mirrors when they entred the building. Minjee checks her own reflection before entering into the main room with her mother. The room is decorated with the similar arrangements as the garden, except this room is filled with people. Her father's business partners she presumed. 

"I thought you said business dinner mom?" she whispered to her mother. 

"It is a business dinner...." her mother said, "and a party." she finished with a grin. 

Minjee looks at her mother, clearly no happy, "Mommm." 

"Relax honey, I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself tonight," how can you be so sure my feet is already killing me...she thought. Her mother continues, "Beside you can meet some new people since everyone came with their family." her mother smiled warmly at her.

 


You continue to follow your mom through the big room, looking for your dad. Along the way, the two of you have been stopped quite a few times, greeting from most, some made small talk and asked about you, most of the time you greeted them politely with a bow. Your mother seem very relax and calm socializing with the people, you on the other hand, is starting to feel more and more regret from agreeing to this evening. Your feet is killing you from all the walking and stand, and it's only been 20mins into the night. When you and your mother finally found your dad, your mother greeted him with a kiss on the cheek. 

"Dear, you look beautiful." your dad said to your mother, planting a kiss on her cheek, "and so does my beautiful little girl," he said giving you a hug. 

"Thanks dad." you said giving him a slight smile. 

You father step back, leading both you and your mother to the refreshments, you take a simple bubbly water as your parents take their glass of wine, then greeted by another. "Mr and Mrs.Yoon, how are you this evening?" the man greeted. 

"Ah, Mr.Wu, we're doing well. How is the partnership going with Kim Enterprises?" Your father asked. You started spacing out after a while because they started talking about business, and you really have no interest. This will be a longggggg night.... You thought looking out the window toward the garden. You got to admit, that is the only part of the 'Minuit Garden' that interest you. 

"Minjee?" Your mother said. 

You turn your attention back to them, "I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention, my apologies." you said towards them.

"It's alright," said the man, who your father called Mr.Wu, "I was just saying I would like to introduce you to my son. He also have a interest in fencing." he finished. How in the world does he......You didn't want to question it. "Congratulations on your winnings, your parents must be very proud." he said happily. You only gave him a smile, not wanting to start a conversion. 

"Well, Mr.Wu, where is that boy of your?" you dad asked trying to cover for your silent answers.

"I'm afraid the Mrs.and him are running a little late. My Daughter, though, is somewhere around here." he started looking into the crowd behind you. Scanning the room to see if he could find his family members. "Oh, it seems like I found the two fashionably lates instead." he said with a grin. You didn't bother to turn around to look, His son is probably some cocky jerk that plays with women all day....She thought taking a sip from her drink. 

"Yifan, Meilin, I would like you to meet Mr.and Mrs.Yoon's daughter, she just came back from England not too long ago." Mr.Wu said directing towards you. 

You first looked at Mrs.Wu and bowed politely greeting her, "Hello I'm Yoon Minjee. Please to meet      " You froze at the sight of Mr.Wu's son. You couldn't believe it. How is this happening right now. You couldn't believe the guy standing in front of you right now is....

KRIS.

 


A/N:

Ahhhh I'm so sorry for not updating often. >__<  forgive me.

Uni is a pain in the a**,  finals are coming up and it's stressing me out....I'm sorry....

But I'll keep writing, so bare with me for a bit, I promise I'll update more often!

How do you feel about the usage of pictures in the story? Should I use it from now on or is it distracting?

Please comment below and upvote if you like it~Thanks for subscribing~

P.S Please excuse any typos, it's like 3:30am....   ___   

Love, K