Down, Boy!

You And Me, Ad Infinitum

FAILED ATTEMPT AT CRACK AHEAD. (/o\)

Rating: G (again)

Word Count: 1,269

 


       

 

The pair had been rustling and bustling all morning long; both waking up at an exceptionally early hour just to start cleaning up their humble abode. Luhan knew they should have made a head start at the living room yesterday, but since neither of them was able to come home prior to the usual end of their working hours, this agreement transpired instead.

Sehun is actually a pleasant morning person, regardless of the fact that he would usually stay up until midnight, typing away on his phone or laptop. So he didn’t find any difficulty waking up when the alarm started blaring on their bedside table.  

Luhan, however, was the complete opposite. His other half had to wrestle him out of bed for a couple of minutes and dealt with the annoyance that comes with waking Luhan up at 4 in the morning. After many years of experience, Sehun had learned to not mind.

When the elder had finally gotten the sleep out of his system, he quickly began pushing and dusting the furniture in their living room like a well-trained maid. They’d already spent a good two hours trying to scrub the bathroom and kitchen clean. The only place left to be tidied up was the guest room. A familiar tingling feeling fleeted in Sehun’s stomach as he observed the other by the door way. ‘As long as I get to look at Luhan this way for the rest of my life, then I wouldn’t mind at all.’ He thinks, but was quickly brought back to reality when he hears knocking on their front door.

Two pairs of eyes meet halfway. A hint of panic appears in Luhan’s as he hastily puts the throw pillows in place before patting his hands on his—oh, . The realization reaches Sehun as well as his gaze drops to the pinstriped pajamas covering his slender limbs.  Amidst their morning activities, both men had completely forgotten to put on a change of clothes.

Sehun’s parents were probably waiting on the other side of the door, and Luhan could already imagine the excitement etched on their faces. Mrs. Oh had made sure to let them know when she called not over two weeks ago, announcing that they would be coming around the neighborhood so they might as well pay them a visit. Although this wouldn’t be the first time, the couple still made sure to put on their best faces whenever their parents would come around.

And they weren’t really sporting the best faces right now.

With a defeated sigh, Luhan hangs his head low and walks towards the door. Sehun follows behind him, placing a hand on the small of his back. “It’s going to be alright, don’t worry.” He says and gives the smaller man a kiss on the forehead before welcoming the latter’s parents in.

“Hello, darlings!!” Mrs. Oh booms in, clad in a peach-colored dress and a black cardigan over it. For someone whose age is over 40, the woman still looked as fabulous as ever. She reaches out to embrace Luhan and the other steps in to her arms. Behind her was Mr. Oh, with a bright smile on his face as he also pulls Sehun in for a hug.

Smiling in return, Luhan ushers them inside but then he feels something tugging on the hems of his pajama bottoms. “Oh, dear. We almost forgot! The Chois gave us this little bugger just a few days ago. Isn’t he the cutest? Come here, Teddy!” Mrs. Oh cooed, petting the golden furred retriever puppy while its tail wagged in excitement.

Sehun finds himself smiling dumbly because oh, my goodness. It’s just so cute!

♡♡♡♡♡♡

The puppy plays around the living room as the parents settles down the sofa. It ran around, chasing Sehun’s foot while Luhan comes in and serves everyone bacon & egg sandwiches. And when they dug in, Mrs. Oh lets out a pleased sound and compliments Luhan for his skills in cooking. “Yah, Oh Sehun. You better make sure to marry this man right here and no one else, you hear me?” she says. Luhan fights the huge smile breaking out on his lips.

After finishing their meals and catching up on each other’s lives, Sehun’s mother insists on doing the dishes, despite his protests of “Ah it’s okay, Mrs. O—eomma. You’re the guest here, please make yourself comfortable. I’ll do it myself.”

“Luhan, honey. I’m making myself comfortable by doing this. Now, go and tend to your future husband. Make sure he doesn’t do anything dumb.” She laughs. The other laughs along, and the blush on his cheeks doesn’t go unnoticed by his company.

To say that it was a tad awkward sitting in the living room with Sehun’s father would be an understatement. Luhan’s hands were already clammy and he couldn’t help but feel jittery under Mr. Oh’s presence. Although they had already met on several occasions, and the elder was already comfortable with him, Luhan still had to admit that he felt intimidated. Sehun get his cold, resting face from his Dad after all. His boyfriend, on the other hand, was still too preoccupied with the puppy on the floor. He was sure he’d seen the younger man  kiss its nose once or twice already when Teddy kept rubbing his nose with his paws. So cute.

Mr. Oh sat quietly on the far end of the sofa, flipping through the newspaper pages. An occasional grunt would slip past his lips and Sehun would just glance quickly before turning his attention back to the little rascal. Luhan was almost sweating bullets, wanting to start a conversation with his man’s father but too afraid that he might creep the elder out. So he decides to just sit still, allowing the silence to take over.

It was shortly broken when mrs. Oh’s voice calls out for her son from the kitchen, asking for a hand with the plates. Sehun gets up quickly and disappears into the kitchen. That’s when mr. oh talks.

“So, Luhan. I heard you landed a job at the one of the universities in Seoul as a proctor. How is it so far?” he asks.

Luhan finds a steady and calm voice as he turns to the elder. “Uhm…yes, Mr. O—“

“Don’t you think it’s pretty appropriate now to call me Appa, as well?” Mr. Oh states with a low chuckle.

“Ah—uh, uhm—Ne, A-Appa…” , , .  Why was he so nervous anyway?

As he was about to speak again, Luhan feels little Teddy biting one of his slippers and dragging them away. Out of panic, he stands quickly and runs after the pup. “Teddy, give that back!” he commands.

Luhan was internally dying now because he had just completely ignored his boyfriend’s father, just to chase the dog. In the middle of his pursuit, he had missed the amused glint in Mr. Oh’s eyes as the elder watched the other stumble on his feet. To Luhan’s luck, he finally gets the slipper back and sighs exasperatedly at this. When he had turned around to apologize to their guest by his rather rude behavior, Sehun comes in and effectively distracts him (just by standing there, because really, Luhan is whipped). Halfway through his staring, Teddy starts up again; jumping up on its little paws, trying to reach the object in his hand.

“DOWN, BOY!” he finally says. And oh, my god. Luhan gapes in disbelief at the sight. “Sehunnie!”

Mr. Oh slaps a hand over his mouth as he fights the huge fit of laughter back. Because not only was it Teddy who was down on the floor at luhan’s command. But also his son, too.

A tint of pink creeps up Sehun’s cheeks at the quick realization, and he smiles sheepishly at his other half. “Ohh…oops.”


[a/n]: [kyungsoo voice] listen, hahah this was actually taken from this prompt: Sehun’s family is visiting with their dog when Luhan yells “Down, boy!” and both the dog and Sehun immediately hit the floor. And I have no idea how it reached a thousand words tbh. Haha but I hope this is ok. I started writing this at 12 MD and just finished it this morning, so yeah. Haha (I promise to try making ?? lmao.)