Nine

Bloodstream [Broken Memories #1]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Is there any reason I have to do this?” Jongin asked, looking down at Sooyoung skeptically.  

 

Seulgi’s friend seemed to have taken it upon herself to fix any and every little problem that came into question.  She’d only expressed hesitance to pursue a deeper friendship with Jongin due to the fact she barely knew anything about him.  Since then, Sooyoung had spent an entire week trying to persuade him to go over to hang out at the mall, not just for the two of them, but all four of the girls.

 

Though Seulgi wanted to do this, it would have to be done on a Wednesday and that would be two days from Monday, the day it was today.  Sooyoung wouldn’t leave him alone either, which thankfully amused Jongin more than annoyed.  He seemed to find her “a hyperactive, friendly ” if she were to directly quote him.

 

“Yes, you piece of .  If we’re going to be friends, we should all hang out,” Sooyoung declared.

 

“Yeah, and we can tell each other embarrassing stories and paint each other’s nails,” Jongin quipped, using a high pitched tone.

 

“Seulgi, your man’s giving me attitude again,” Sooyoung whined.

 

“He’s not my man,” Seulgi snapped, finally paying to what was going on around her.  

 

Seungwan seemed to be warming up to Jongin more and more.  A small smile graced her lips as she watched Sooyoung and Jongin bicker like siblings.  Joohyun, however, had not fully accepted him yet.  Seulgi could tell she was still afraid of him to some extent.  Joohyun had always been quiet, but now she barely even spoke anymore.  

 

“Speaking of embarrassing stories, you wouldn’t have anything on Mark, would you?” Seungwan smirked, leaning toward Jongin.

 

An evil expression took over his features.  “So many I can’t count.  You girls wouldn’t even like him if you knew the he’s done before.”

 

Sooyoung rolled her eyes.  “Trust me, not every girl likes Mark.”

 

“You still like Kyungsoo?” Seulgi asked, smiling.  

 

“Maybe, I don’t know,” Sooyoung said, frowning.  “Yifan called me yesterday.”

 

A collective groan came from Seulgi, Seungwan and Joohyun.  The three of them never particularly liked the drama of Sooyoung’s relationship with her on and off again boyfriend, Yifan.  Yifan was the definition of perfect and somehow Sooyoung could never see why he even wanted to be with her.  Their relationship was the kind of cute ones that you could find in a book or a movie.  Being close friends from childhood to forming feelings for each other in their teen years was the kind of relationship Seulgi envied.

 

“Why don’t you just take him back already?” Seungwan said, rubbing her temples.

 

“I have no idea what’s going on,” Jongin commented.

 

Sooyoung pounded the table.  “That’s why we need to hang out.  So we can get to know each other.”

 

“Okay, fine.  Friday?  I’m busy after school everyday this week,” Jongin suggested.

 

Sooyoung glanced at Seulgi, and all she could do was shrug and nod.  It wasn’t Wednesday but even if her parents were present on the weekend, she didn’t want to pass up the opportunity to get to know Jongin a bit better. Hopefully her parents would be no-shows like last week.  That way, she might even have time to hang out with somebody either Saturday or Sunday.  

 

“Are you sure?” Jongin asked to confirm it with her one more time.

 

“Stop worrying so much,” Seulgi said, making a face at him. 

 

Jongin just chuckled and fed her a chip from her tray.  She ate it, not before rolling her eyes.  If he kept doing things like that, she didn’t know if she’d be able to stop herself from becoming more attracted to him than she already was.  She glanced back at her friends and hung her head, blushing.  They were giving her sly looks to suggest there was something going on between them.  Joohyun just looked frightened.  Seulgi really wanted to help her get over her irrational fear of Jongin.

 

“I would have thought you babes would have gotten over the fascination of Kai, about now,” Mark’s silky voice made it’s presence.  “Hey, love.”

 

Mark slid into the booth, squishing Sooyoung against Jongin.  Seulgi opened to tell Mark off, considering Sooyoung looked as uncomfortable as someone who h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter