Chapter 2

Red Division

[Hyeri's POV] 

Ugh. Same lesson as yesterday's class. Listening to the same stuffs is pretty damn boring. I'm a good child and student but can't the professors remember their lesson plan? I looked around the room and everyone else is feeling the same way. Some are sleeping. One is eating his early lunch. Other students do random stuffs like doodling, taking selcas and putting more make up on their faces. 

I silently my bag and reached for the gum sticks I stored last day. One is enough for this sleep-worthy class. I popped the gum on my mouth and got satisfied with its menthol effect. Oh dear gum, you never fail to give me joy! I thought to myself. 

Then like a bomb ticking, everyone became alert when three knocks were heard from the door. It's unexpected, honestly. Since this is the last subject for the day, no one is expecting a visitor. We watched as Professor Han walked to open the door. I'm interested! I'm interested! My subconsious chanted cheerfully inside. My brows are furrowed closely to each other, I don't know why but my insides are anticipating what is waiting outside the door. 

In slow motion, the door was opened and revealed what was hiding behind it. A lad. No. A young man. Yes. He's I think one hundred and seventy-six centimeters tall, fair complexion, plump lips, glaring yet tantalizing eyes, quite-pointed-midhigh-bridged nose and a shaggy brown colored hair. Hmm.. He looks pretty prim and proper. I nodded to myself as I think. 

Professor Han walked back and the man followed him. 
"He, from this day on, will be part of the class officially," Professor Han said. The girls giggled and I tried myself to stop from doing so as well. "Introduce yourself," the Professor ordered him.

"Annyeong haseyo," he bowed politely. "I'm Jung Daehyun, twenty-one years of age. Please take car of me," he informed us.

"Take your seat," the Professor said.

"Kyaaa~ Oppa! Sit here!" one screamed.
"This seat is free," another shouted.
"Oppa! Sit beside me!" and another. 

Mr Jung looked around wherever there was a voice calling him. Professor Han got irritated and pointed to the last chair on the backmost part of the classroom.
"Sit there!" he ordered. Mr. Jung obediently followed our dear professor's order. I chuckled. Passive.

The bell rang. Yes! It's time! I jumped off my chair excitedly and walked out of the room. Ya! You forgot something! my subconscious shouted at me. What is it? I stopped in front of the door then remembered it in an instant. Jung Daehyun of course! I chuckled at my sillyness. I walked back to the room. No more students were left except for Mr Jung who is still sitting on his chair. I sat on his table sideways and grinned.

"Annyeong newbie!" I greeted him. He furrowed his brows as if I was something he never expected to see even on his last day. "Wae?" I asked him. "Am I too wild?" I asked again. "I'm Lee Hyeri," I handed my hand (of course) for a shake. He looked at it for maybe four seconds then slowly shook it with his. "Are you shy? You don't talk? Well, you did. You introduced yourself earlier, right? Why aren't you going home yet? Will there be someone to fetch you here? Can I join the ride?" I rained him with questions. "Ya! Answer me! Mr Jung Daehyun!" I hit his shoulder lightly. "Answer me ajhussi," I said pouting. 

"Aish. Stop it!" he finally spoke!
"Which one?" 
"Raining me with questions. I don't want to answer," he said.
"Why? did you not brush your teeth? Don't you enjoy my company?" I continuously said. "You don't need to feel shy! I'm a friend. F-R-I-E-N-D. Chingu!" I grinned then his watch caught my eyes.

"Eo. I need to go! I still have a date," I giggled then stood to leave the room  without waiting for him to say anything.

[Daehyun's POV]

She left the room hyperly. Lee Hyeri. I shook my head then chuckled as I remember her continuous questions. I stood, grabbed my backpack then walked. My first step was bumpy. I looked at my shoes and saw an opened wallet. I picked it up and saw a photo on it. My eyes widened as I realized who were on the photograph. 

"Youngjae hyung? Lee Hyeri?" I stared at the photo. It's still new. The photo shows Hyeri and Youngjae smiling widely at the camera, tents lighted up with colorful lamps and a splash of fireworks as their background. "Why are they together?" I asked curiously. Then as if my feet has its own mind, it went out of the room fast.

Need to find Lee Hyeri, I suddenly thought. 

"Eo. I need to go! I still have a date!" her voice rang inside my head. Where do couples date? Cinema? Nope. Hyeri is too hyper to get stucked inside a cinema. Restaurant? probably. She looks like she wants to eat me awhile ago but no. I guess she's on a diet. Park? Perfect! Couples visit the park almost everytime! 

I went out to the parking lot, rode my scooter and drove off to the park where I usually go whenever there's a fight at home. As I get near the park, my eyes roamed the area for Hyeri or even just her shadow. I kept wandering until my eyes fell on a hand near the bushes. Not again... I thought. But slowly, I walked towards it. To my surprise, the hand was real and still attached to a person lying on the grass. Beside him, sleeping against his chest, was Lee Hyeri. 

"Eo... They should not be bothered. I will just return her wallet tomorrow," I thought then left.


Author's Note:

Hiii~ Are you up for some suspense? LOL please do enjoy this chapter as I rack my brain for the next one. Thank you! Thank you! :D -Ririe