Chapter 3

Red Division

[Daehyun's POV]

"But why were they together?" I asked myself.

 

It still bothers me that hyung and my classmatem, Hyeri, knows each other. Should I ask him why? But why is it bothering me? Hyeri isn't really that my type. Yes she's cute, quirky, funny, talkative and y but no. 

Oh I know! Of course I'll be bothered. It's MY HYUNG that we are talking about. As for you to know, my hyung is sick but he is a responsible man. And to tell you, he was once the best professor in the school where I just transferred.

And I know that in his current condition, I won't be able to ask him about this. Hyeri? I think she's not that trustworthy yet for information.

 

"I know!" I chuckled in delight. "The students from school might know something," I grinned.

 

I grabbed my laptop and opened my SNS account. I posted a status:

 

"Good day dear classmates! I want to know if you heard some gossips about the former professor in our class. Help me!"

After a while, a comment popped: Sir Yoo? -Kibum

And another: He's hot and all students and professors love him! -Hojoo

And another one: He and Ms Han were always together!!! -Aerin

And this caught my eye: He's my boyfriend. -Hyemi

 

Hyemi? Who are you?

 

[Hyeri's POV]

It's hard to breathe... I can't find my wallet. No. My Youngjae. Where are you?

 

"Wait. Just what are you doing?!" I heard someone ask. 

"Stop what you're doing right now!" It ordered. I stood and cleared my head. I looked at my right side and saw her. I gave her a glare and then continued looking for my wallet in my backpack.

"ARE YOU NOT LISTENING TO ME?!!" She shouted at me. I flinched unexpectedly but continued rummaging my bag.

"Ya! Lee Hyeri!" She called me in a warning tone. "If you won't listen, I'll kill you," she iritatedly muttered.

I stopped in my tracks and looked at her. "What do you want, Hyemi?" I asked her melancholically. She smiled for she has won over me once again.

"I want you to stop looking for Youngjae. For two reasons. One, he was never yours. He's mine. and Second, he's gone now. He'll never come back," she said.

"No Hyemi. He's mine!" I faced my fear and answered her back. 

 

She chuckled and gave me a sinister smile. I watched her strode across the bedroom making her way to me. I watched her carefully. Right then, she used both of her hands to hold my neck tightly. I held her hands and tried to remove it from my neck. I can't breathe properly. 

 

"Do you really want to die now?" she asked me with a wicked smile.

"S-stop... H-H-Hyemii..." I tried my best to speak. "No...." A tear fell from my eye. I can't breathe... It's hard to breathe...

She tightened her grip on my neck. "What is it Hyeri? I can't hear you," she playfully whispered.

"S-stop!!" with all my strength I spoke. And then she let go of me. I gasped for air as if I have no tomorrow left to live. Hyemi almost killed me. I looked at her weakly.

"You know that I won't kill you easily. Because if I do, there won't be any traps left," she smiled. "I'm just reminding you that I could do anything to you," she said. "Now, forget that wallet of yours and go to sleep," she added then disappeared in my sight. 

I held my tears and lied on the bed. Yes I'm a puppet. Hyemi? She's my owner...

But can't a puppet have feelings too? This ran across my mind 'til I fell asleep.