Chapter 4

Red Division

My blurry vision tried its best to describe the scene. The person in front of me grabbed a knife and stabbed my stomach. I flinched in pain. No... But as if there was magic, I didn't feel any pain. The pain I was expecting surges on my legs. Cuts filled my legs and thigh making red blood flow from it endlessly. Pain seared when I felt the cuts being spanked. Seeing the ceiling was the last thing I could remember before my savior, passing out, helped me. However, I was brought up again to be thrown once more. My head hit the foot of the bed making me feel dizzy. I held my head because I felt that it is going to crack. The knife was used to hold my shirt in place. I tried to my best to get the image of my attacker but I was hit on my head thrice. I believe that was a bag and now I am sure that my brain cells won't be working any better. A flash of light reflected and I saw the knife up high. I watched in slow motion as it goes down to hit my chest. 


[Youngjae's POV]


I moved. It was just a dream. A nightmare. Beads of sweat formed on my head and on my nape. Glancing at the clock, it was just 2 A.M. A knock echoed around my room and my father entered but before I got to speak, he disappeared from my sight like a smoke. I shook my head and looked around. Where did he go? He can't walk that fast, he's disabled. Was I just hallucinating? Ugh. My head hurts as I think of it. No. 

I think I need to do something right now. I tucked myself under the comforter and tried my best to sleep. I must be ready for tomorrow.

- - -

[Daehyun's POV] 

 I went straight to Youngjae hyung' crib upon waking up. Last night, I had a terrible dream about him. He was eaten by a dinosaur! I believe in different superstitions. Forgive me. 

Irang the doorbell thrice and hyung welcomed me with a smile. 

"Oh. Hyung, are you feeling any better today?" I asked him. He was wearing his uniform. "Are you going to teach today?" I asked. He shook his head. "Nope. I just need to fix something at school. Do you want to go with me? I'll give you a ride," hyung offered. I nodded and followed him to the parking lot.

Hyung's really different today. His body's not frail. He's face doesn't have any wounds, his hair is fixed in the usual manner and his clothes are ironed nicely. He can even drive properly today! This seems weird to me but I like this. He looks strong and independent. I wish he's like this everyday.

We arrived at the school and almost everyone turned their heads when they saw Youngjae hyung. 

"It's Sir Yoo!" a girl screamed in delight. Hyung just smiled at her. 

"Is he going to teach again?" Someone asked. 

"He's still handsome!" A group of girls squealed. 

So this is his life. I chuckled in my thought. He is pretty famous. I nodded to myself. 

I nudged him as we walked inside the campus. "Ya. Hyung. What's your secret?" He laughed at me and whispered, "Don't call me 'ya' here. I'm a professor." I laughed at myself. "Oh. right. I'm sorry, Professor Yoo," I tried to hold my laugh because it seemed unfamiliar to my ears calling him Professor. 

"You must leave now. It's almost time for your first class," Hyung informed me. I nodded and bowed at him before running to my classroom.

- - -

[Hyeri's POV]

"Ya. Lee Hyeri. Did you know the news?" a girl, Minhee approached me. 

"Mwo? What is it? I know nothing," I answered honestly.

"Really?! Wow. this is a first time Hyeri-ah," she laughed a bit.

"Stop it already," I was always the first one to know the news around the campus. "Spill it Minhee,"

"Professor Yoo..." she's giving off suspense. wait. what? Professor Yoo?

"Yoo Youngjae?" I asked. "Professor Yoo Youngjae?" I repeated. She nodded at my question. Oh dear heavens. What happened to him? Is he all right?

"He's here. In the campus!" she exclaimed excitedly.

"Mwo?!" my eyes widened in disbelief. "Is that true?!" I asked her once more. She nodded with a wide smile on her face. 

"Thank you Minhee," I hugged her and ran to the faculty room.

I stopped in front of the faculty room and tried to catch my breath. It's been awhile. I looked at my reflection at the mirror and smiled contentedly at what I saw. Still pretty. I lifted my skirt and pulled down my blouse a bit. It's not going to harm if I show a little more skin, right? WIth the last breath, I knocked on the door and entered the room. I looked around the room and bowed at every professor that I get eye contact with. Hm... Where is he? I approached another professor's table and asked about Professor Yoo's whereabouts. Professor Bang stammered when he saw me, I grinned inside with a chuckle. 

"He's at the Principal's office," he answered. I bowed at him with a thank you and left to check him at the Principal's office. 

This man's playing hard to get, huh?

"Stop it Hyemi," I talked to myself. "You've been controlling me since earlier," I said as I pulled my skirt back to it's normal length while walking to the office. 

Why? Is it bothering you?

Hell yeah. "Well, sort of. We both know that we both want to see Youngjae Oppa. And I really don't want you ruining our moment. You could have your own time with him," I answered. 

Hmm... That makes sense. Well then. I'll be back later. 

And then she disappeared. Really. I sighed in relief and smiled. I waited for Professor Yoo to get out of the room while sitting on the bench. My heart is trembling. I'm finally seeing him now!