Chapter 4

Impressions

Jessica was frowning while combing her hair in front of the mirror. She and Tiffany were getting ready for school.

“It’s early in the morning Jess and yet you’re frowning already. You’ll get wrinkles at an early age by that.” Tiffany stated while she sprayed perfume on herself.

“This is war Tiff. I’m declaring war with that erted charcoal.” Jessica sternly stated while looking at Tiffany through the mirror. She was still upset staying up all night answering the guide questions for their first activity.

Tiffany chuckled at her silly friend. “You’re going to be partners for the rest of the semester Jess. Are you sure you’ll declare war?”

“That ert started it!”

“Really now?” Tiffany raised an eyebrow while wearing a knowing smirk.

“Of course! You knew what she did on our first day at school! And she tricked me into answering two numbers with sub questions A to E! She even made me pin a still moving frog on the dissecting tray!” Jessica whined and harshly stuffed her notebooks inside her bag.

“One semester Jess. One whole semester you’ll be stuck with her. Don’t be stubborn.” Tiffany smiled at her best friend amusingly.

“I’m not! Wait, which side are you on huh? I’m your best friend and not that !” Jessica crossed her arms and faced her best friend still frowning.

Tiffany chuckled at the silly reaction. “Oh come on! Stop over reacting.” She rolled her eyes and put on her bag.

Jessica huffed and shot her best friend a glare. She then took her bag and stomped her way out of the room.

Tiffany shook her head and followed her obviously sulking friend. An amused smile not leaving her lips. Really stubborn.

***

“Your face is going to rip apart with the way you’re smiling.” Sooyoung commented at her tanned friend who was buttoning her white polo shirt across from her. She was tying her shoelace and getting ready for school.

Yuri glanced at her shikshin friend and continued on fixing herself. “Just thought of something really funny.”

“Care to share?” Sooyoung stood up and checked herself in front of the mirror.

“Hmmm…” Yuri thought for a while before turning to face her friend. “I answered questions 1 and 2. And made scary girl answer 3 and 4 of Activity 1.”

“Uhh…so?”

“Questions 3 and 4 have sub questions A to E.” Yuri grinned widely. Proud of her achievement.

Sooyoung’s eyes widened and turned to face her grinning friend. “Are you nuts?!”

“Uhhh.. No?”

“Then why did you trick her?”

“I didn’t trick her!”

“Of course you did! You intentionally chose to answer 1 and2 so that she’s left with numbers 3 and 4.”

“Err…Well...” Yuri scratched her head and gave a sheepish smile.

“You’re declaring war with Hitler my friend.” Sooyoung shook her head.

“What?! It’s just questions 3 and 4! Well okay maybe three times of the questions I answered.” Yuri grinned.

“You’re digging your own grave Yul. You sure you want to have a war with her? Hasn’t your face suffered enough from the slap you received last time?”

“Well…” Yuri held her left cheek and remembered that unfortunate morning.

“First you grabbed her---”

“Yah!” Yuri poked her friend with a comb.

“Oww!” Sooyoung hissed.

“I didn’t grab them! It wasn’t intentional!” Yuri protested.

“Fine2x. First, you didn’t intentionally grab her assets. Second, you just ruined her first day at school by not intentionally grabbing her assets. Third, she’s stuck with you for the rest of the semester. Fourth, YOUR HANDS WE’RE ON HER ASSETS AT YOUR FIRST ENCOUNTER! Sounds war my friend.” Sooyoung grinned.

Yuri threw out a notebook at her smiling friend. “I can’t believe I’m friends with you. Worse, we’re roommates.” Yuri groaned and headed out of their room.

***

“Hey Taeng how’s working with eyesmile girl?” Sooyoung munched on her pudding and sat across from Taeyeon and Yuri at the school’s cafeteria.

“Doing well. She’s the opposite of scary brunette. She’s very energetic and all smiles. Though brunette isn’t that bad, I’m still afraid of her after her crispy fried chicken slap with our friend here.” Taeyeon smiled and glanced at the tanned girl beside her who was playing with the straw of her drink.

“Good for you. You’re stuck with eyesmile girl for the rest of the semester. While I’m stuck with…” Yuri shuddered...then laughed. “She’s really something.” She continued on laughing.

Taeyeon and Sooyoung stared at their laughing friend.

“She’ gone crazy.” Taeyeon shook her head and looked at Sooyoung.

“The Jessica Jung effect.” Sooyoung shrugged.

Yuri still finds it funny thinking how annoyed the girl must be while answering questions 3 and 4. She could imagine it from the way the messages were sent. There’s nothing more she could do about being partners with the brunette girl. So she thought of making the most out of it. She was holding her aching stomach from laughing hard when suddenly she felt something hit her shoulder and the next thing she saw was red. Her white shirt was now red as the saucy red spaghetti continued on slithering down her shirt. Her eyes widened with the mess.

“Omo~ So clumsy of me. Sorry about that Kwon. I’m a bit disoriented today. LACK OF SLEEP.” Jessica gave Yuri her most innocent look.

Yuri’s mouth fell agape while staring at the innocent face in front of her.

“Hi Taeyeon, Sooyoung. Sorry again about that Kwon.” Jessica looked at her again and walked away.

Yuri could only look at the retreating figure.

“I see world war coming.” Sooyoung grinned.

“I see bloody world war coming.” Taeyeon also grinned and glanced at the mess in front of Yuri’s shirt.

*

Jessica walked back into the vendo machine where Tiffany was standing with wide eyes. “What?” She innocently asked her best friend.

“Don’t what me. Your innocent look won’t work on me Jess.” Tiffany shook her head while sipping her drink. This is really going to be an interesting semester.

Jessica shrugged and inserted coins into the vendo machine. A victorious smirk escaped her lips while waiting for her soda to be ejected.

 

KWON: 1; JUNG: 1