Kyuhyun II

Pride in friends

"Cho Kyuhyun. Hi Lee Sungmin."

My head snapped up at the mention of his name and mine. I looked at him searchingly, for something I would remember of his face. The hazy memory of a young boy trying to clear itself in front of my eyes, but I only saw a stranger in front of me, someone I couldn't bring a memory too. He was tall and lean, though he had deep mahogany eyes that seemed so familiar, the brightness in them seem to shimmer as he looked at me expectantly. I looked at him so confusingly, and I knew that he thought he had made a mistake in my name for a moment.

"Do I know you?" I asked, and it seemed like I had crushed him greatly by those four words.

"We went to tutorial together, remember?" He pushed on.

"We did?" I could feel the memory niggling terribly.

"Yes, with Ryeowook's Mother." he replied.

I could feel eyes on me from everyone it seemed, waiting for my reply. When I feel myself in these awkward positions, I usually use humor to get myself out of it. So I said the only thing I could remember at the time, that Ryeowook had said about him.

"You were the little boy who used to hit me when I was being to loud." Kibum and the other started chuckling at the statement.

A smile cracked on his lips and my memories clicked into place, and the image of the little boy sitting across me snapped forward, his eyes sparkling with mischief and his wide open smile. I could feel it rising with in my face, the heat of a blush trying to spread its wings across the expanse of my face. He had grown so much since I last saw him, and I guess so had I. Though he could remember me so easily, and I felt so bad that I had forgotten him. Kibum moved and grabbed my arm, and we sat at the wall so close we could sit on. Kyuhyun smiled back over to us, and then the others sat back down as well.

The class started I could feel his eyes, they would look over casually, as if only a fleeting glance. But my mind grew restless in the coming knowledge that the person who I first felt for was back in my life again. I turned eighteen and I was beginning to feel those insesent little feeling come forth and blossom in my chest again. I hoped to myself that I could keep a close eye on my education, rather than my own failed attempts to quell the flutterings in my belly every time I caught him staring.

Weeks drifted on happily and unhappily. Kibum was forcing me to have lunch with him and that included all the others. He happily dragged along Sooyoung and Jessica, as Krystal was still having troubles intergrating with accumulating work that was amounting on our desks. Kibum talked and talked, while I listened to the discussion with a book in my hand, nodding when needed and agreeing as well. Kibum was happy to know I was around, though I believe I was not needed to make the conversation happen, or actually needed to be there. Just before the hour for lunch was finished I would rise up, take my leave and nod to them.

History always was and will be my favourite subject, and I always wanted to be early, it born new to a happier part of my day. Though the days of my enjoyment were fleeting and I sourced an outlet to keep my mind preoccupied from thoughts of past 2 years troubling problems. I had grown tired of life and its ending happenings, and the desire to talk to someone about them were nought of existence. But Then came the day when I leaned against the wall outside the room, where my intrests were peaking ever higher as the time grew closer for history class to start. I was so enthralled with how the main protaganonist in my sotry was trying to stay alive, that when my book was grabbed out of my hand, I actually squeaked in surprise and looked up at the figure in front of me holding my book.

There he stood, Cho Kyuhyun, with my book in his hand. He smiled softly at my shocked expression and then turned the book over, carefully not to allow my spot to go missing, when he looked at the cover with slight amusement, noting that I was reading fourth Harry Potter book. I could feel my embarrassment growing and he started to chuckle slightly. He passed me back the book and then leaned against the wall next to me. I turned back to my page, hoping that he would remain silent.

"I like the third Harry Potter better." He said.

I looked over at him and nodded, mentally agreeing that it was good. He moved a little closer and leaned over to see where I was up too. I moved a little over, feeling a little uncomfortable with how close he was standing next to me. I still had issues with trusting people, and since I didn't really know what he was like now, I wanted to keep distance as far as possible. When he started to move a little closer to me again, I looked over towards him, hoping that if i glared at him he would keep his distance.

"Can I help you Cho?" I asked as I shifted the bag on my shoulder and tried not to loose my place, as i looked back towards the book.

The question must of perplexed him, cause his eyes widened and he noted that I was uninterested in starting conversation. He shifted the bag he had on his back as well and looked at the floor. I gazed from the corner of my eye, he looked like a child as he shook his head no. Perhaps he had enough of the irritating conversation that was happening in the lunch room.

"He used to talk a lot about you." A statement that surprised the hell out of me, as I was expecting the rest of the wait to be silent.

"Who did?" I questioned as I looked away from my book towards him.

"Ryeowook."

I always hated when people talked about me, it irritated the crap out of me, especially when it was behind my back. Though the only thoughts I had were worrying ones. How much had Wookie spilt about my life to Kyuhyun, what did he say. I hope he didn't tell him what happened. All I could do was worry about the whole thing. I was shaking so much I dropped my book, and started breathing really heavily, I could feel a panic attack coming on.

I ran, thats all I could think of to do, run. Run as fast as I could, and go somewhere I could hide away for and hour, try to calm down my head and hope to God that no one could find me there. I found a spare room, that I could easily hide in. It was dark, it was closed in, I could hide under a desk and calm myself down for as long as I needed. And thats what I did. I hid away under a desk, placed some headphones in my ears and closed my eyes. Counting slowly as I listened to the calming melody of Nell float into my ear.

I could feel myself calm down by the fourth song and I could open my eyes. A light started shining in them, the light must have been switched on, i curled further under the desk, hoping no one would find me under there. I pulled the chair closer in as to block them from seeing me under there, and turned down the music, just in case they could hear the muffling of noise. The soft tapping of shoes were hitting the carpeted floor. I closed my eyes, holding my breath, I just needed a little longer to clam my mind, it was how I coped with the past.

The footsteps stopped just and i just kept a hold of breath. I know they had found me, whoever it was. So I opened my eyes, and pulled out the headphones, waiting to hear the onslaught of questions or to feel someone pull me out from underneath and yell at me. I felt the chair move away from me, and someone drop down to my level. In front of my eyes was my book. I smiled at the familiarity of where I was up to and reached out slowly to grab it. I looked up the person in front of me and bit my lip. Kyuhyun looked down at me worryingly for a moment.It scared me when he sat down in front of me and smiled, I had never had anyone find me before, and that scared me. He looked like the little boy I had tutorial with as he carefully assessed how close he could get to me.

"Who were you listening to?" he mumbled cautiously

"Um..Nell."

And thats all we said, I offered him an earbud and, he sat as far as the earbuds could allow and for my comfort I found out later, and we listened to Nell, A Perfect Circle, and even some Epik High. It didn't take long for me to calm down again, and even though he was with me, I could calm down. We missed History, Maths and English, and all we did was listen to music. He didn't push, or tell me that day what Ryeowook and him had been talking about, and I was really okay with that. He let me go back to make fictious world of the written word, and he sat there happily playing on his phone, until he pulled out some articles about Alien abductions out of his bag.

By the time he tapped me silently to show me the time, I removed our earbuds and nodded a thank you to him. We left the room together and I walked as fast as I could to the front of the building for my mother to come get me, Kyuhyun trailing behind silently for his father to arrive. We stood by a couple of metres apart, he looked over at me occasionally smiling as he hummed a little tune to himself. It took Mum about five minutes after the day finish to come get me, and when I opened the car door he shouted out to me 'see you tomorrow Sungmin'. I felt my face heat up again and I just nodded and waved a little. I turned to Mum once I closed the door, she was climbing over me to see who it was that shouted and ooed.

"He is a very impressive specimen." She would laugh.

I would just smile at her as best I could muster, and she looked down happily at me. I could see in her face that she was pleased to see that someone was getting along with me, and she must of assumed that I was getting along with him, considering the amount of time it was taking for me to learn how to trust people again.

"Apparently we did tutoring together" I looked over towards her.

"Really? His cute, you think he like older women?" She smirked.

Of course I would chuckle at my Mother's little joke, because I had to agree with her. Kyuhyun was a very handsome, I couldn't help but to think that he was. He smile was absolutely stunning, the way his chocolate tresses fell forward, nearly covering those shining eyes. I allowed myself to think that way for a moment, then shook it off, knowing all too well that thinking like that can cause troubles in my life, and I didn't want any more complications.

A/N: Seriously wasn't kindding about it being stuck in my head lol