Card XV

Tarot Card

There's something off, she can feel it in her bones but she cant pinpoint what exactly. It all started this morning when she woke up, feeling a little bit annoyed at how she's all tangled up with her blanket.

She cant brush her annoyance off either, so she head on with her day feeling like something bad's going to happen.

"Youre so out of it Doc." Taeyeon raised her head to Tiffany who was standing at the small cafeteria next to the clinic. It was tea break and the short doctor decided to get a cup of coffee to wake her nerves up, but contrary to that, she felt like it died, faltered in a way when Tiffany smiled at her.

She felt guilty. She felt bad for the girl who she knows likes her a lot but she doesnt feel the same anymore. She felt horrible too, knowing that they had and she just robbed the girl of her ity.

But what can Taeyeon do? Her feelings for Jessica are way stronger than her guilt she's feeling now. Yeah, she feels sorry for Tiffany, but she's not sorry for falling in love with the girl's sister.

"Stress. Too much work, not much time left." Tiffany just nodded at that and sat herself in front of the short doctor.

"Yeah, Ive heard. Youre leaving in two days." Taeyeon nodded at that before sipping her coffee.

"Is there something you need to tell me?" Tiffany's gaze are inquisitive yet knowing and Taeyeon gulped. She knows its the right time, the only time to spill the beans but she got tongue tied.

Silence past over them and Tiffany was the one to break it. "Jessica told me everything."

"Everything?" Taeyeon repeated.

"Yes, everything. You shouldve told me first though, I wouldve totally understand, but ohh well, past is past. You and Jessica is together now." Tiffany shrugged her shoulders.

"There's nothing official Tiff, and beisides Im going back to the city."

"She told me she's coming with you, so you do the math."

The doctor's face lit up. Yesterday, before she and Jessica part ways, she offered her help with that Psychologist she knows and also asked her to come with her to the city, not to live together, but she'shoping it could lead that wayin the future.

"Too obvious Doc, dont forget that Im still mending a broken heart. Im still not over you." And with that Taeyeon muttered a 'Sorry.'

"No, Im just kidding." Tiffany waved her off. "Anyway, Im just here to convey Jessica's message, she's busy packing for your trip. She said if you can come now to our house and personally ask our parents for my sister's hand, that would be great. That is, if youre sincere with what you say you feel for my sister."

The doctor looked at her watch, "I'll be out after 3 hours, you think your parents can wait?"

"Im sure they can, so see you later then?" Tiffany stood up and smiled at Taeyeon who called out to her before the smiling girl walked away. "Tiff, are you not mad?"

"Why would I be?"

"Because it couldve been you."

"But it wasnt. Cheer up future sister in law. All is fair in love and war. I like you but you fell for my sister. It hurts ofcourse, but there's nothing I can do about it." Tiffany smiled at her again. "Just dont break Jessica's heart or I'll break your neck."

The way Tiffany said those words sent chills on Taeyeon's spine. She's scared for no reason. Its probably the way the words rolled in the eye-smiling girl's tongue, like she really meant every word of it.

"I wont, I promise." And with a nod, Tiffany left.

The doctor sighed in relief. Atleast that's one less problem for her and now off to another one.

She immediately dialed Sooyoung's number but before her friend can say hello, she ended the call. She was going to ask for tips about her meeting her future in laws but when she realized that Sooyoung has a lot of things over her shoulder, she decided not to add more of the taller girl's worries.

After two hours, Taeyeon decided to cut her duty short and asked permission from their head doctor, luckily, she's only doing reports so she was allowed to go earlier than others. She left the clinic with a reminder that she needs to submit all the paper reports before she leaves the Island.

Taeyeon then went out to buy some fruits that she can give as a gift to the Hwangs. Since she doesnt know what fruits Jessica and Tiffany's parents eats, she bought few pieces of everything, just to be safe.

With a smile pasted widely on her face, the doctor knocked on the Hwangs' door and again, she cant help but be amazed at how their house was built. It was just pure art.

The door creaked open and she was greeted by Tiffany.

"Theyre all waiting for you in the living room." Taeyoen nodded and walked inside when the girl pulled the door open wide.

"I bought some fruits, I hope your parents will like it."

"Ohh Im sure they will."

But as soon as they reached the Hwangs' living room, Taeyeon fell on the ground, head throbbing in pain.

Tiffany just struck the back of her head with a baseball bat. "You broke my heart, so youre going to pay for it. You and Jessica."

And before the doctor lost her consciousness, she saw the girl she loved tied in a chair gagged and crying, next to her feet was the dead bodies of their parents. "Sica..." then Taeyeon was out.