Card XIV

Tarot Card

She's nervous.

She had been since the past 8 hours that she messed up some of her paper works and reports she have to submit in the hospital within three days.

Three days, and she'll be out of the island for good.

It was the most devastating news she had ever received. Their future Ceo Lee Sunny have called to tell her that she's been pulled out of the summit and she's needed back in the hospital as soon as she's made available. She had been given three days to finish all her reports and Jessica Hwang had been occasionally disturbing hence the not encoded paper works and unwritten medical reports.

Before she started the day, she accidentally met Jessica in the clinic and told her they'll talk after her duty hours, but that was not without her endless persuasion and pleadings. Ohh the things she does for Jessica...

She shook her head, feeling a little too stupid for being so in love.

She looked at her watch and fixed her shirt.

Jessica should arrive soon, or unless Jessica decided to stood her up.

Another thing to ruin her day.

But her mood changed when she saw a brunette walking towards her way.

"Took you long to get here." She greeted, acting like she's upset with Jessica being late.

"Youre just too early." The short doctor offered a toothy grin while the latter tried to avoid looking at her.

"You sure do love nature, dont you?" Taeyeon took notice as she had a chance to observe the meeting place Jessica had told her to go earlier. It was on the far end of the island, opposite of the Hwangs; where the sea and shore meets.

"It makes me calm."

Taeyeon glanced towards the girl eyeing the sea and she did looked calm but her eyes were partly empty and partly searching.

"Sica..." Jessica turned to her. "Whats wrong?"

"I feel like I dont belong here."

"Why is that?"

Jessica sighed and walked nearer the bank. Taeyeon followed and mirrored her; sitting with knees on her chest. "Like there's another place I should be right now and its not here."

"I see." Taeyeon nodded but she doesnt fully understand what Jessica meant by that.

"Taeyeon, youre a doctor. How long does amnesia lasts?"

"It depends really. There's some outside forces that affects its longevity. Usually its the severity of the head injury, sometimes its the person willingness to remember. Psychologically, sometimes patients are too traumatized that their brain usually tries not to remember anything and sometimes, its the lack of familiarity; like youre not in a familiar place, no familiar faces. And there's a lot more I can tell you but it'll probably take us the whole day or it'll probably will become a lesson if I do, but why did you ask though?"

"I have amnesia. I had an accident right after my dad went to bankruptcy in the US and up till now I still dont remember anything."

"Are you seeing any doctor?"

"No, my dad say all my memories will come back eventually. And since we're still struggling financially, I dont want to be a burden."

"I know a psychologist, I can ask her for help."

"No, its okay. I think I can bear the headaches and blur visions till I get my memory back. But thanks for the offer." And thats when Taeyeon remembered the incident where after she kissed her, Jessica ran away with a terrible headache.

"No, please I insist. I can take you there before I go back to the city."

Jessica's head snapped to her, "Youre leaving again?"

Taeyeon nodded. "For good. Why? Missing me already?" And Jessica had the urge to hit the doctor for that but unfortunately, Taeyeon got a hold of her hand even before it reached head. "I can stay if you want me to."

"Just tell me you like me and I wont pack my things anymore." Taeyeon was dead serious. She had thought and planned about it the night she came home from the Hwangs that night. And really, she had butterflies just by thinking of Jessica being a part of her everyday life.

"What about Tiffany?"

"I'll tell her everything. I'll clear everything she misunderstood."

"And was the a misunderstanding too?"

Taeyeon's jaw locked and she lost her voice. She doesnt know how she'll answer Jessica's question so she stayed quiet and tore her eyes away from her.

"She told me."

"Im not even sure if we really had . I was drunk."

If Jessica believed her, she doesnt know. Taeyeon's having a hard time reading her face.

"Are you jealous?"

"Why would I be?"

"Because you feel something for me too?"

"I dont even know you."

"You can try to know me."

"Youre crazy."

"I pledge guilty."

Jessica sighed. "Youre making everything so complicated Doctor Kim."

"Tiffany likes me, I dont like her that way anymore. I love you and Im sure you feel something for me too. How is that complicated?"

Jessica stared at the sea and again, Taeyeon saw how empty and so full of questions her eyes are. "Tiffany hates me and she'll hate me even more if she finds out."

"But she seemed so sweet towards you."

"Its just for a show. But inside our house, she's a towards me, like really a towards me. She slapped me when she saw me talking to you."

"What? Seriously? She did that to you?" Jessica nodded and everything she knows about Tiffany, how she sees her, totally changed. She doesnt even care if Jessica is lying.

"So youre just going to believe that because I said so?" Taeyeon nodded. "What if Im just saying those things to get you mad at Tiffany so I can have you?"

"You dont look the lying-type and besides, you dont need to do that. You already have me." And Taeyeon raised their hands for Jessica to see and intertwined them. "Whether you like it or not, you already have me."

"Youre crazy."

"Yes, yes I am." With that, Taeyeon closed their distance and kissed Jessica, unaware that a pair of eyes had been watching them from afar.