TAEKWOON: 02

Love, Life and Happiness.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How are you feeling?" I asked tle little boy.

 

"Better than yesterday.." He said.

 

I smiled and nodded, "Gurae, if you feel even better tomorrow then you could go out next week and start pursuing your dreams to be a doctor"

 

"Is it hard?"

 

"On being better for tomorrow or being a doctor?"

 

"Both"

 

"Then, Yes" I smiled as I thought of Chae Won.

 

 

 

I was outside her room. Sitting on the benches along the hallway. I couldn't help but tremble.

 

"Son, I'm sorry.." My mom told me.

 

Everything makes sense now. This is the reason why do they keep on pushing me towards Chae Won. They want her to be happy before she'll leave this world. But why? Why do they need to do that? Is her condition only allows her to live for only a short time?

 

"Taekwoon, I hope you understand. Chae Won is sick since she was a kid and now that she's getting older, her condition is getting worse.." My dad explained. But still. I need more. I nned to know everything.

 

"Then why-" I wasn't able to finish my question when Mr. & Mrs. Heo went out from her room, "She's looking for you, Taekwoon" They said and I spent no time in entering her room.

 

"CRUCIAL STAGE?! WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO TELL ME?!" Ishouted once I entered the room.

 

"Leo, I'm still a patient. Sit down" She said.

Still with glaring eyes, I sat down on the chair beside the hospital bed when she started talking, "Umm..Haha. Where to start? Hmm.. Well, I knew I was sick when I was 7. Eventually after 11 years, I reached the last stage. This why I don't have any friends. This is why I promised to like only you" My head snapped towrds her. What is she talking about? Is that more important? She lowered her head and fiddled her fingers. "Because I know you wouldn't like me back. And I was right am I? Haha. But sometimes I couldn't gelp it but to ask, 'Why couldn't Leo like me back?' and do you know what is the only thing that I could only think of? Because I wished for his happiness. He was saved from the pain that he will feel when he would like me back. You don't know how happy I am when you finally comfessed to Hana. I also don't want your pity or you getting worried about me or the worst, agree on going out with me because I'm gonna die soon, if ever you would ask me out"

 

"Even your parents didn't know you've reached this stage.." I said, "You were hurting alone"

 

"Of course pabo. I am sick" She laughed. And she can joke about this?

 

"So what now?"

 

"I'm gonna drop school" She shrugged and smiled at me like it's no big deal, "I can't endure these attacks anymore and they come too often"

 

"We're graduating" 

 

"Ara. But, High school diploma would just go on waste you know. It's not like, I could even finish college. Maybe I'm gone even before entering college. Honestly, the only reason why I go to school is you"

 

"Will you stop saying you'll die" I can't help it but raise my voice again. Where is the positive girl I know? Why does she keep on saying that she'll die?

 

She shook her head, "Let's face it Leo, my days are counted. I need to be ready. We should be ready"

 

I got out from her room once were done talking. I saw how worried both of our parents. The face they have left a mark on my mind and because of that, I decided and promised to take care of Chae Won as a friend. I would look after her as long as she's still alive.

 

"Professor Shin" I bowed before our homeroom adviser.

 

"What do you want, Taekwoon?"

 

"Please transfer my seat beside Chae Won. Butakhae" I bowed once again.

 

"But why?" He asked.

 

"I.. need to make sure, she's fine.. She's alive.." I said, still in the same posture and slowly, my eyes became watery as I thought of Chae Won, "Arasso.." I heard Professor Shin.

 

I met Hongbin in the hallway once I've been to the faculty room. He looked at me and I returned the gaze, "Can I talk to you?" He asked. Before I could even reply, he already made his way to the rooftop to have a small talk.

 

"What's wrong with Chae Won? Why is she missing these past few days?" Hongbin asked, "Is it about her sickness?"

 

My eyes widened as I looked at Hongbin, "How did I know?" Hongbin chuckled and looked up, "I just know.."

 

"Did she tell you?" I asked. Cause if she did, I would feel betrayed.

 

"Ani" Hongbin shook his head, still looking up, "I know someone sick too.. Someone who is very important to me.."

 

"She was sent to the hospital" I finally told him, "And the doctors told her to stay for a while to check her up and rest more.." I looked at Hongbin, "You're also her frie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter