TAEKWOON: 01

Love, Life and Happiness.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Seongsaengnim, could I become a doctor like you?"

 

"Of course" I smiled at the innocent patient before me.

 

"But doctor, they told me I can't because I'm sick"

 

"Ani~ That's why you're here with Hyung, right? So that we could make you a doctor" Before injecting this child with an anesthesia, I gave him a little motivation, "After we finish this, go out and tell the people that you could be a great doctor. Arachi?"

 

The little guy nodded and I ruffled his hair. After, I injected the drug.

 

Years after what happened, this is what I became. A doctor. A neuro doctor in particular, or the doctor that specialized in the brain. Well, you might know why. And you're correct. Actually, treating patient isn't my priority. It is making people realize on how to survive. On how not to waste every second you have. That is my job.

 

 

"Hello Leo! You look good!" Again. This girl has been waiting for me in front of our gates.

 

"Hmm.." I replied. I really didn't know if she did hear but I don't care, I greeted her so she would stop. Before when she does that, I'm always pissed and irritated but this thing goes on everyday that eventually became a part of my routine, I got used to it. I really don't have a choice.

 

"Good Morning Handsome!!" She greeted once again even with a heart shaped she formed over her head and then disappeared. So childish. What's even more childish is, she would run after doing her 'greeting' wherein fact we could walk together without her being weird.

 

Heo Chae Won. How do you even define Chae Won in my lfe? Hm. Chae Won is the best example for a frienemy or whatever is it called by the females. When were kids, I always cry a lot because of her and because of that, I tried to distance myself from her, and the others. She's also my neighbor, my schoolmate, classmate to be exact and the daughter of my mom's bestfriend. Purely, that's what I think of Chae Won.

 

As usual, classes begun and lessons started to enter my brain like always but I always find class boring halfway that makes me sleepy so I shifted my head sidewards to refresh my sight from the green board that kept on having white marks on it. I saw Chae Won too focused on looking at his note and took note of the candy she ate. She never looked in my direction and in an instant, she docked her head on the table. Maybe she's sleeping. The bell rang and immeditely, I got out of class. Before going to the canteen, I stopped by at my locker and to my surprise, well not really, love letters and chocolates fell, but the part is it wasn't that many, maybe 3-6?. I wonder how can they know my code? Reading a note posted, it says, 'I'll give up. Chae Won is gonna own you. She won't give up :( -Nam Jin' I scoffed, me and her. No. So after putting my books, I changed my code for the nth time and went to canteen to re-energize.

 


On my way to the canteen, I accidentally bumped into Chae Won, she muffled a 'Sorry'.

 

"Chae Won, I know you like me but could you please tone down a bit? We're already going through puberty"

 

"So what? I like you Leo Jung so deal with it. Okay?" She patted my shoulder before continue walking. 

 


Honestly, I don't know what's gotten into her and liked me this much. There are so much better boys than me in this school and I can't understand why it has to be me.

 


"Oh, you're back?" Mom asked.


 

"Hmm.."

 

"Guess you're tired?"


"Hmm.."

 

"Okay. Then go to rest before having dinner. I'll juat call you when it's time"

 

Closing the door to my room, I threw my body to the bed and closed my eyes, trying to have some rest. When I was called down for dinner, I saw my dad as well, already sitting on his chair. I did the same.

 

"So, honey, how are you and Chae?"

 

My parents always ask this. She's fine and I'm okay. Why do you need to ask me. "I'm good. And her, as well?"

 

"Son, still have no plans?"

 

If you're wondering what is my father asking me, it's about me, courting the daughter of our neighborhood, Chae Won. "None. I don't like her, really" I caught my mom looked a my dad and frowned while my dad looked down. Why is everyone pushing me towards Chae Won? There must be a reason.

 

"S-sir, may I use the restroom for a while?"

 

My head snapped towards Chae Won because she sudddenly stood up wih an unexplainable face. She looks pained and I don't know if it's just her month of the day or she might want to do some business. The teacher allowed her and my eyes followed her and she ran off once she was out of the classroom. I went back to listening and 5mins., Chae Won isn't still back. "Sir, may I go to the washroom?"

 

"You may Mr. Jung" I thanked him after and went towards the washrooms. I did my business and after, I waited outside the Girls' CR and asked one student who just came out if there's someone inside and she said there is, so assume that's Chae Won, "But she looks like she's sleeping, I mean, you sould see from her feet that she's sitting on the floor" The girls said and I scoffed, 'That girl..' Guess I worried for nothing.

 

"Why don't you have friends?" I sat beside her during lunch and I guessed she was a little bit surprised.

 

"I do have. I have you!" She's beaming at me. This girl is always happy.

 

"Chae Won, can I be honest?"

 

"Okay~" She sang and continued to eat.

 

"I'm liking this girl and I plan to court her" I revealed. Well it's been a while since a girl caught my attention.

 

"Oooh~ Why are you saying this to me?" She asked while smiling.

 

Might as well tell her the truth to stop. "Cause I want you to stop liking me. I don't want you to get hurt" She's still my friend.

 

She paused and gave me a sincere look, "Leo, I promised to like only you. I don't care if you have a girlfriend or what it's not that I'm asking you to begirlfriend me. Liking you is enough already" She stood up aft

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter