02

Love, Life and Happiness.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Oh no. Not again. I woke up in a very familiar room, it's like my second home already. I saw my parents once I opened my eyes and they look so worried-relief.

 

"Umma, Appa"

 

"Why didn't you tell us, eo?" Mom started to cry again and my dad was soothing her back.

 

I just smiled. Geunyang. That's what I thought.

 

"You passed out on the supermarket and Taekwon brought you to the hospital."

 

Oh right I forgot about him. How would I face him now? Did the doctors explained to him? Please no. That was my request to them not to tell anyone.

 

"Mom, Dad, can I talk to Leo?" I sat up and dad helped me. They agreed and called for Leo outside.

 

"CRUCIAL STAGE?! WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO TELL ME?!" Yup. He shouted at me once he entered the room.

 

I smiled, knowing he's still concerned of me, "Leo, I'm still a patient. Sit down"

 

Still with his glaring eyes, he sat down on the chair beside the hospital bed.

 

"Umm.." You cleared your throat, "Haha. Where to start? Hmm.. Well, I knew I was sick when I was 7. Eventually after 11 years, I reached the last stage. This why I don't have any friends. This is why I promised to like only you" I could tell that he was surprised because his head snapped towards me. I just lowered my head and fiddled with my fingers, "Because I know you wouldn't like me back. And I was right am I? Haha. But sometimes I couldn't gelp it but to ask, 'Why couldn't Leo like me back?' and do you know what is the only thing that I could only think of? Because I wished for his happiness. He was saved from the pain that he will feel when he would like me back. You don't know how happy I am when you finally comfessed to Hana. I also don't want your pity or you getting worried about me or the worst, agree on going out with me because I'm gonna die soon, if ever you would ask me out"

 

"Even your parents didn't know you've reached this stage.." He said, "You were hurting alone"

 

"Of course pabo. I am sick" I laughed.

 

"So what now?" He asked.

 

"I'm gonna drop school" I shrugged and smiled at him like it's no big deal, "I can't endure these attacks anymore and they come too often"

 

"We're graduating" Leo stressed out. Don't he thinks I know that?

 

"Ara. But, High school diploma would just go on waste you know. It's not like, I could even finish college. Maybe I'm gone even before entering college" I shrugged, "Honestly, the only reason why I go to school is you"

 

"Will you stop saying you'll die" Again, his voice raised.

 

I shook your head, "Let's face it Leo, my days are counted. I need to be ready. We should be ready"

 

So that's how Taekwoon knew my illness and after that, for 24/7 he's with me. I haven't dropped school if you're asking, my mom told me to finish this quarter atleast, so I did. Taekwoon also had asked our teachers if he could switch places with my seatmates and unluckily, they agreed.

 

"Gwenchana?" He asked me for the nth time.

 

"Yes" I gave him a nod and a smile.

 

"Uhh, Chae?" I saw Hongbin approached us and had called me. I looked at Taekwoon and he nodded at me, telling me that I should talk to him.

 

So I did. "I heard you were in hospital a few days?" He started, "Leo told me since he told me I'm your friend, are you okay now?"

 

Giving him a light smile, I nodded.

 

"I want to be honest with you" I looked up to him and he sighed, "I lied about those painkillers. I didn't google it. I knew it"

 

"H-how?"

 

"My fiance has a brain tumor and she used to have those. On the day of our wedding,she had her attack and," he paused for a while, "..she left me hanging on the altar"

 

 

"Sorry" I apologized.

 

"No, it's okay" Hongbin have me his eye smile and waved his hand in the air, "I just to help you, you know. I see that you only have Leo as your friend and I bet he just knew about your illness"

 

"Thank you," I smiled but.

 

So that's how I became friends with Hongbin. Everyday, we always go to lunch together, go home together. It's like, he became my bestfriend and Leo was his at own again once Hongbin is already helping me out.

 

I visited Taekwoon once during his soccer practice. Oh I also forgot to tell you that he's in our socc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter