Chapter 1: New Friends?

Hardest choice

‘Hyungs!’ Youngmin yelled as soon as he had opened the door in front of us. “Kwangmin!” he called his twin brother, my cousin. “Come look who I brought with me!”
Kwangmin appeared and threw himself in my arms. I hugged him tight. “I missed you so much Niki-chan!” he whispered in my ear.  He added the –chan, because I had been staying in Japan for a while. Kwangmin and I were really close before I decided to travel across the world. We both had a hard time not being able to be together anymore. “I have missed you too, Pikachu”, I giggled.
‘Who is making that cute sound?’ I heard an unfamiliar voice ask. Kwangmin let go of me and turned towards the one speaking. ‘My niece’, Youngmin said. I grabbed both his arms and tiptoed to look over his shoulder. I looked right into the eyes of a boy and got mesmerised… Handsome yet cute and amazing hair. (Yeah, I have this weird thing for hair.)
I realized that my eyes had widened. He caught me staring and showed me a warm smile…
I swear that my heart stopped beating for a moment. It skipped a few beats and then started to pound like an idiot. ’Hi there’, he said. His soft voice made me weak in my knees. I panicked and hid behind Youngmin and Kwangmin.
Kwangmin laughed. “She is a bit shy around new faces”, he explained. He was right, but around handsome faces it’s about 1000th times worse. I took a deep breath and grabbed his arm for mental support and stepped forward. “I apologize for being childish, I’m Nikita, nice to meet you,” I said while holding out my right hand, so the boy could take it. “Lee Jeongmin,” he said, taking my hand. Jeongmin pulled me towards him. I lost my grip on Kwangmins arm and fell against Jeongmin. “No need to be shy,” he winked.
I was in shock, I really have no other word for it. Jeongmin chuckled.
‘So Nikita, what is your surname?’
‘Well, my official surname is European, so I guess I’m going with Jo here,’ I said, trying to speak normally. With his eyes locked with mine, he just nodded, which made me feel nervous and uncomfortable.
‘Kwangmin-oppa to the rescue!’ I thought as he grabbed my hand and pulled me away from Jeongmin. ‘Let’s meet the others!’ was his reason. Kwangmin is bad at reading the atmosphere most of the time, but he seems to know exactly how I feel in certain situations. I think that is because we used to spend so much time together, we have pretty much in common I guess.
We went into the living room. “Donghyun-hyung, Hyunseong-hyung, this is my niece,” Kwangmin said to the two guys that where talking to each other on the couch. “And mine”, said Youngmin joyfully. One of the guys laughed and the other one smiled and rolled his eyes. “Youngmin-oppa sure can be very silly sometimes,” I thought to myself and giggled.
“Ohh, 귀여워 (So cute)!” one of them said. He stood up and came towards me. “Ahnyeong, I am Hyunseong,” he smiled at me and bowed. I copied his actions,” I am Nikita”.
Again such a handsome guy, though he seemed to have a more mature and calm energy than Jeongmin had, which made me feel more at ease. I walked towards the couch. “Ahnyeonghaseo Nikita, I am Donghyun,” the older guy said and shook my hand. He patted the free place next to him on the couch, while he showed me a dazzling smile. I tried my best to return one just as attractive as his had been…And failed big time!
I ended up laughing because of all the comments that I made up in my mind. (Yeah, I kind of talk to myself. Sometimes my mind just wanders off and it goes somewhere far, far away)
‘What is it?’ Donghyun asked. “Nothing really, I just thought to myself that I am probably…no, obviously, the ugliest one in the house,” I answered shy, but still giggling a bit. They all laughed. “You are just as 4D as Kwangmin”, Donghyun said. ‘No, Nikita is even more 4D than Kwangmin, so it is normal if she makes weird sounds out of nowhere,’ Youngmin explained while chuckling. ‘She is 5D, I guess’.
“Sounds like my dream girl really,” I heard Jeongmin say out of the blue. He had entered the room, his eyes puffy and red like he had been crying. His comment hurt me a bit, yet I didn’t understand why I cared since I didn’t even knew the guy. “Well, you are not really a prince charming in my eyes either,” I said without thinking. The second after these words had escaped my mouth, my eyes widened and my hand shoot up to cover my mouth, as a desperate reaction. As if it couldn’t get any worse, all the oppa’s started making sounds like ~oeeehh~ and laughed. Jeongmin had frozen on the spot. When he turned around he looked really angry. “Of course, I just embarrassed him in front of his hyungs, it’s very logical,” I thought to myself. I stood up and walked towards him, hoping that I could apologize. But before I could say anything, he started speaking with a cold expression and a raised voice.
“What makes you think that you are better than me?! Why should I think of you as my dream girl? Show me!”
“I…I don’t know Jeongm-“
“See! Yet I know EXACTLY why you should think of me as your prince charming!”
I got irritated because of his confidence. “Okay, why? Tell me!” I said harsh.
His voice softened and so did his attitude. “No, I’ll show you”
He grabbed my waist with both hands and pulled me close. I didn’t know how to respond, so I just stood there, as if I got paralyzed. His right hand went up to rest on my cheek as Jeongmin pushed his lips against mine. He tasted like bubble-gum. (I am not really sure about that though, it could have been my lip-gloss :$)
His left hand, which rested on my waist, went to the small of my back. He pushed our bodies tighter against each other. My mind went blank, like I had a computer crash inside of my head. I got this weird feeling all through my body. It felt amazing, a feeling I had never had before, at least not without being in a Super Speed Rollercoaster. I realized I had moved my hands too. The fingers of my right hand where entangled with the hair on the back of his head. My other hand was covering his manboob. Gosh, he felt nice!
I had to admit that I enjoyed it and Jeongmin was a great kisser. My mind was really confused and I thought it couldn’t get worse when… He broke the kiss, pushed me away and turned around. As he walked out of the room he only said: “I think you just fell for me” and left the house. I was there, stunned, shocked.
“He… is…an ”, I hissed and went to take my seat at the couch. The others just stared at me without saying a word. I couldn’t keep my tears from falling. I was so confused, I was so mad and yet I didn’t regret returning the kiss.