New Family

Behind Those Fake Masks (Indefinite Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jinki's pov:

 

My hands were combing through my hair as I yawned, still tired and sleepy. I looked into the mirror ebfore ruffling through my hair again, only to sigh and just go back to my room to change into my school uniform.

I walked out of my house and walked into the direction of my schoo, where all the fun things happen...not!

Everyday going to school was such a bother as well. Why was the system like this that makes students like me suffer by going to one?

The loud chatting made me sigh once I entered the schoolgrounds.

I ignored all the looks people gave me like I would care for that after having gotten those kinds of stares for so long already.

As I walked to the classroom, I noticed the three popular girls standing in the hallway, talking about something about nails and whatever girls talk about, realizing that Jisoo kept giving me warning glances.

I raised my eyebrow and looked at her, Jisoo trying to look away as of course if people found out she was looking at me, things would get ugly for her.

She still thinks that I'm going to tell the rest of the world I saw her eating some ramyun?

"What are you looking at, Jisoo?" Sungyoung asked, making me frown and look away, only to hear her mutter a 'no one'.

 

"Good morning." the teacher greeted as she walked inside the classroom, closing the door behind her and placing her books on the little desk in front of the class. "You can go sit down."

The moment I sat down, I grabbed my pencil and started to draw random things on a piece of paper.

"Today will be the start of an assignment in group!" the teacher announced loudly and pretty much thrilled, only to earn many discontent noises from the other students.

"Now now, don't even try to talk out of this because it's part of a big assignment that you have to pass for this trimester. You will all be divided into groups of two and will play parent for an orphan that will be in your care for two weeks. Of course because of this assignment, you will all get two weeks free from school, but that doesn't mean you don't have to study! You will all get a bundle of papres with information that you have to know by the end of the assignment, there will be a test about it. But I'm not heartless, most things is knowledge you'll learn when taking care of the child."

Great.

Taking care of another human being when I barely take care of myself.

"Do we have to do this?" a guy asked annoyed, only to earn a stern glare from the teacher.

"Of course you have to! I will do this randomly so you have no own choice to choose your partner. This will make it fair and you will learn to know the difficulties that come with parentship and responsibility of taking care of a child. Now, write your own name on a piece of paper and give it to the front row." the teacher clapped in her hands, ushering us all to write our names.

I sighed softly as I scribbled it down and passed it to the one in front of me who apssed it to the front desk of our row.

Normal people would feel anxious and enrvous, maybe excited when the teacher would p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter