Fight

Behind Those Fake Masks (Indefinite Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jink's pov:

 

"Even the weather isn't happy with this hellish visit." I grumbled, raindrops hitting my face and hair, making strands of them stick against my forehead.

An umbrella wasn't necessary with such a big wind. If I had one, it would have already died at least hundred times, ripped into pieces because the wind was that strong.

My feet felt heavy and I definitely was not in the mood to go to that house.

Ruining my weekend with a visit I would rather throw to the moon made my eyebrows knit together in a deep frown, my lips upside down.

Slightly, the rain stopped stopped, the wind calming down as well, making me sigh heavily.

"Guess the weather cooled down quicker than I did." I muttered, pouting my lips to one side.

One step.

Two steps, three steps.

I took in a deep breath, recognizing the house in front of me. Give me thousands of different houses, I could pick this one out just like that.

My heart clenched painfully together, that little voice in the back of my head yelling at me, begging me to turn around and leave like I never got the invite.

"I'm not that weak boy anymore." I said through clenched teeth, ignoring that voice called consciousness.

I my lips, left index finger moving to the little white button, pressing it once, quick and hard.

"Hello?" a voice asked through the machine.

"It's me." I answered, my voice not as loud as I thought.

"Please come inside." the voice, a middle aged woman, said, calm and polite.

My feet were now feeling even heavier, my entir body rejecting to enter this place that brought back horrible memories.

I had to take a few deep breaths before I finally walked through the open gate, a little path of sand colored stones leading to the big house.

As I walked inside, I noticed the changes that were made. The usual white curtains were replaced by brown ones, the eggshell colored walls were now painted light green.

"Welcome home." 

I looked up, my eyes landing on the middle aged woman that opened the gate for me. Her lips were slightly curled, her eyes giving me a warm look.

"This isn't my home." I said, her small smile falling, a worried expression on her face.

"Who came?!" 

I looked at the direction from where the voice came, a boy, only a few years younger than me, walked down the stairs, his eyes travelling to me.

"It's your brother." the househelper answered, earning a glare from the younger boy.

"I don't have a brother." he snarled, making me scoff.

Looking away, not wanting to spend my time on him,  I noticed that even the furniture had changed.

"What are you doing here?" he asked which sounde dmore like demanding for an answer.

"That's none of your business." I sighed, standing there awkwardly in the living room, unsure what to do because it was only the two of us, the househelper already commited her escape to the kitchen.

His eyebrows knitted together.

"This is my house, of course it's my business to ask what an outsider is doing here." 

The anger inside me was boiling, raising so fast that I thought I would explode. I could feel my ears getting warmer and my handpalms sweating.

I simply scoffed, not wanting to give in to his attempts.

He didn't like it though, giving me a harsh push.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter