Chapter 4

Married Life

A/N: Hey guys, I was going to update this chapter earlier but I had been busy with school. I know many of you don't know this but I'm only eighteen years old and today is officially my 4th day and first week at the university. I'm officially a freshmen. I just want to let all of you know that I'm not ditching any of my stories or this one. I just probably wouldn't be able to update Married Life as often because I'll be busy with homework, presentations, events, studying, and so on.. 

Anyways, I really love everyone who subscribed and upvoted! I loved all of your comments, too! To my silent readers out there, I hope you'll continue to enjoy all of my work I give you :) 

I'm not going to take up any of your time with my rantings so enjoy reading the 4th chapter although it's not really as long as I wanted it to be and see you guys next time ;)

 

 

[January 12th, 2027]

Arriving at the LA airport, a pale small figure walked out with her hands interlocked with another smaller figure. The pale small figure was Kim Taeyeon or Taeyeon Kim and she was holding hands with her 12 year old son, Mason. 

Some of you may ask, "Where's her husband?" Well, the thing is; Taeyeon is a single mother. She recently divorced her husband who cared too much about work than his own family and she grew tired of always being second place in his life and left him. However she wasn't cruel. She let's her ex-husband see her son still and sometimes say a few words to eachother. 

Taeyeon and Mason weren't the only ones who came to LA, her two friends and their son did, too. They were still coming out of the plane. 

Soon after a while, everyone gathered together.

There was 5 of them in total.

"Hey Seohyun, do you even know where Tiffany's house is?" asked Taeyeon as she stared at the younger woman.

Seohyun nods, "Of course I do. I've been there a few times with Yoona unnie." she says.

Yoona nods to confirm but pouts at Seohyun.

"Hyunnie~ I told you to stop calling me unnie! We've been together for over 6 years!" Yoona whines like a child gaining a few giggle from Taeyeon, Mason, and her own son, Dylan Taemin Im-Seo.

"But it feels weird to not call you unnie in public." Seohyun whispers.

Yoona sighs.

"Fine.. at least you don't call me unnie in private." she mumbles to herself.

"Exactly Yoong." Seohyun whispered into her girlfriend's ear so only Yoona can hear making Yoona smile.

Taeyeon rolls her eyes at the couple before getting their attention by saying, "Where's the car?" she asked them.

"Oh. I called a taxy to come pick us up. It should get here in 15 minutes." Yoona says before picking up her 5 year old son and carrying him.

"Umma, I'm hungry." Dylan says in Korean while rubbing his small stomach.

Suddenly, Yoona's stomach growls, too.

"I guess I'm hungry to, Dylan-ah." she says.

Seohyun shakes her head at the two shikshins.

"You two are always hungry. " she says to her family, teasingly.

Taeyeon, who was standing in front of them felt envious of the couple. She always wished for a family like theirs. All of this time, she wished that her ex-husband was a better husband who treats her like a queen and be the dad to his son and not always stuck in the office or at a bar away from his family. 

 

**

 

Back at the Jung-Hwang residence, Jessica was lying on her baby blue floaty in the pool with her sunglasses on and she was wearing her blue bikini that let her show off her creamy white skin and abs. She looked perfectly perfect especially in Tiffany's opinion who said "y" under her breath.

Tiffany on the other hand was swimming under water only to come up to surface seconds later right next to Jessica's floaty.

"Hey Jessi." she says.

Jessica smiles back.

"Hey." 

"Jess, is it me or are the kids glaring at you?" Tiffany whispered while eyeing her 3 older kids who were at the other end of the pool glaring at their direction.

Jessica shrugs. "Maybe they're glaring at you," she says.

Tiffany shakes her head and was certain that the kids were glaring at Jessica because they had been doing that all week.

"I..I'm pretty sure they're mad at you or something." she whispered.

Jessica frowns and lifts up her sunglasses to her head and looks at her 3 older kids quickly looked away after she caught them giving her glares.

"Why would they be mad at me?" she said to herself more than to Tiffany. "I think I should talk to them about this.. I can't have my own children being mad at me for something I don't even know what I did." she says to Tiffany.

"Right now?" asked Tiffany.

Jessica shakes her head. 

"Maybe later. I just want to relax right now." says Jessica.

Tiffany nods understanding that Jessica had a long day at work all week and needed a break.

"Do you want me to talk with them with you or do you want to talk to them by yourself?" asked Tiffany.

"I'll just talk to them alone and besides, you need to sleep early tonight if you're going to work early tomorrow morning, Tiff." Jessica explains.

"Okay Jessi." Tiffany says then smirks playfully at Jessica who looked confused.

Before Jessica could ask why Tiffany was smirking, Tiffany flips Jessica's floaty over making a huge splash as Jessica fell into the water shrieking because she was now wet.

"Baby! You made me wet!" Jessica exclaims before realizing how bad that sounded and blushed.

Tiffany smirks before swimming over to Jessica and wrapping her arms around the older woman's neck.

"Of course I did." she says, conceitedly, earning a laugh and a punch on the arms from Jessica.

"You're such a conceited jerk!" Jessica giggled.

Tiffany pouts.

"I am not conceited. I just have amazing talent." she says.

"Full of yourself much?" asked Jessica, smirking.

"No, not really."

"Uh huh.. yeah. I totally believe you." it came out sarcastic.

"Okay! Maybe I am a little, but you're way more conceited than I am!" Tiffany pouts and pretended to be upset.

"You're so cute, babe." said Jessica as she plants a quick kiss on Tiffany's lips.

"I'll see you after my relaxing shower. Later babe." says Jessica as she winks at Tiffany and leaves the pool quickly. 

"You're ditching me?!" Tiffany asked loudly but was ignored by Jessica who gave her a playful nod before entering the house.

Tiffany noticed that Jessica forgot to bring her towel with her so she calls over to one of her children to bring it to her.

"Can one of you bring your mama her towel?" she asked but no one replied.

After a few seconds, little Avery grabbed her mama's towel and runs into the house.

The other four remained at the other side of the pool.

Tiffany swims up to them and decided to ask them what she was curious about.

"Why are you guys acting like this? You can't be mad at your mama if she hasn't done anything wrong." Tiffany scolds but no one spoke up.

"Are you guys listening to me? I need one of you to explain yourselves right now or all of you besides Avery and Aiden are grounded until you admit why you keep glaring and ignoring your mama." she says, sternly.

That was when Nicholas, Gabriel, and Isabella eyed each other then Nicholas spoke up.

"We're mad at mama because we think that she's going to break up the family by hurting you." he says, sadly.

Tiffany was confused.

"Hurting me? Breaking up what?" she asked.

"Mama's cheating on you, isn't she, mommy? You guys are going to divorce and our family will be ruined." Isabella cries after she says that.

Tiffany was speechless.

'Jessi's cheating on me?'

"What are you guys talking about?" Tiffany asked them.

"Mama went on a date last week and she's going to hurt you." said Gabriel.

Suddenly Tiffany understood what they were talking about.

"Hey guys, your mama didn't go on a date. She just met up with our old friend who we haven't seen in a long time so it wasn't a date and besides, this old friend doesn't like girls. She's only interested in men." Tiffany chuckles and all of the kids looked down in guilt for accusing their mama.

"We're so sorry, mommy. We thought-" 

Tiffany cuts them off.

"Hey. Don't apologize to me. The one you should apologize to is your mama. Although she was kind of slow on pinking up that you guys were mad at her until a while ago but she was a bit lost and upset that you guys wouldn't tell her why you were mad at her." Tiffany explains. "How about this guys? You three go talk to your mother after you all shower and apologize to her while I make us some snacks."

"Okay mommy." Nicholas, Gabebriel, and Isabella says as they all exited the pool and grabbed their towels before heading inside the house.

Tiffany smiled at Aiden who stayed behind with her.

"Mommy, can I ask you something?" he asked her.

"Sure sweetie." she answers.

"D.Do you love them all more than me?" he asked, sadly.

Tiffany frowns.

"Oh sweetie. Come here." she says as Aiden swims into her embrace.

"Why would you say that? I love you all equally." she says to him.

"But you always pay more attention to all of them more and you don't really have any time for me anymore." he sulks.

Tiffany felt bad for making him feel sad. She should've sensed that he needed her attention as much as the rest of her kids.

"I'm so sorry, Aiden. How about this? Why don't I take you to work with me tomorrow morning and after work, we can eat lunch together at the resturant you choose." she suggested.

He nods with a small smile.

"Okay mommy." he says before letting go of her.

"I love you, Aiden." Tiffany says while smiling sweetly at him.

He beams a wide smile at her.

"I love you, too, mommy!" 

 

**

 

After everyone showered, Jessica was sitting in her office browzing through her emails on the computer when Nicholas, Gabriel, and Isabella walked in.

"Mama? Can we talk to you?" asked Isabella.

Jessica looks at them and nods.

"Uh.. We want to apologize for the way we acted towards you." Isabella says.

"We shouldn't have been mad at you." said Gabriel.

"We're sorry, mama." Nicholas says.

Jessica still wanted to know why they were mad at her because here she was listening to them apologize to her about being mad at her for something she still didn't know what she did.

"Why were you guys mad at me?" she asked them, curiously.

"We..we.. uh. we thought you were cheating on mommy and we didn't want mommy hurt." Nicholas explained and Jessica stared at them in shock. Never in her life would she ever cheat or think about cheating on the love of her life.

"Y..You guys thought that I was cheating? Hold on! Why did you guys assume such a thing? Listen here you three! I would never cheat on your mother because I love her very much and I would never ever do anything that will damage this family! Do you understand me? Answer me." she says, seriously.

"Yes, mama." The three kids answered as they bowed their head in guilt but at the same time they were happy to know that their mama was honest.

"Now, I want you guys to promise me that if you guys ever have any problems with me, never go assuming something that might not be true. Just ask me and I'll be honest with you. Got it?" she says to them and they nod.

"We're really sorry, mama." the three said, softly.

Jessica nods and gets up.

"I forgive you three so come here and let me hug you." she says and the three kids hugged her tightly.

'I would never ever do anything to ruin my happiness.' Jessica thought knowing that this family was her happiness.

 

**

 

Two hours later, they all just had dinner so Jessica and Tiffany dimissed their children and told them to do their homework. They all sat in the living room doing their homework while Jessica played with Avery and Tiffany went to sleep since she had to work early in the morning tomorrow.

*Ding Dong*

The first person to look up at the door was Gabriel.

"I'll get the door." he says loudly.

Usually Jessica wouldn't allow her kids to answer the door by themselves late at night even if it they were supposedly living in a rich, safe, and gated community but she did right now. However she had her eyes on her son as he answered the door.

"Auntie Seohyun! Auntie Yoona! Dylan! Aunt Taeyeon! Mason! OMG! You guys are here!" Jessica heard her son saying in excitment.

She raised her eyebrow at her guests who all walked in the house.

"What are you guys all doing here?" she asked them, rudely.

Taeyeon gave her a glare.

"Do you always ask your guest that when they visit?" she asked.

"Hell yes. You guys didn't even tell me that you were coming and it's already night time!" Jessica reasoned out.

Yoona, Seohyun, and Taeyeon all rolled their eyes while Dylan looked confused and Mason looked frightened.

"You're scaring my son, Jung!" Taeyeon points out.

"It's Jung-Hwang, Kim Taeyeon." Jessica corrected.

"Whatever." said Taeyeon.

"Unnie, where's Fany unnie?" asked Seohyun in Korean then all of the Jung-Hwang kids except Nicholas looked confused. Clearly, they did not really understand the Korean language since they're so used to the American culture and speaking English. Tiffany and Jessice didn't have to teach Nicholas Korean because while they were in college, Nicholas stayed with the Hwangs who taught him Korean but the other Jung-Hwang kids didn't know anything Korean or even the language. Sure, Tiffany and Jessica tried teaching them but the kids seemed to not understand or just didn't care to learn so they gave up on teaching it. However, Avery seems to understand a little bit of Korean since Jessica and Tiffany always spoke Korean to her saying the most simplest things such as daebak which means awesome and umma which means mom. Sometimes, Jessica will say a phrase to Avery and even though Avery can't say it it Korean or respond, Avery will either translate what her mama had said or respond in English.

"Tiff is sleeping." Jessica responed.

"Why?" asked Taeyeon.

"She has to leave early to work." said Jessica.

"Well, let's hang out without Fany for now." Yoona grins dorkily. "I brought some alcoholic berevages." she says.

Jessica's eyes went wide as she looked around the room hoping her kids didn't hear such a thing.

"Watch what you say in front of the kids. I don't want them asking me what those are and then asking if they can have some." she whispered.

"Fine." Yoona mutters.

Jessica smirks.

"But yeah, we should totally hang out and get drunk." she says.

Taeyeon frowns.

"What about the kids?" she asked.

"They'll be in bed soon and your kids can crash with my kids." said Jessica, shrugging.

"Alright boys and girls! Time for bed! Nicholas, Mason will stay with you in your room tonight and Dylan will stay with Aiden." Jessica says and the kids all started to head upstairs.

Nicholas motioned Mason to follow him upstairs to his room and Aiden raced Dylan up to his room.

The 4 adults headed to the kitchen to hang out and talk.

Yoona opened the bottle of alcohol up and poured it into four glass cups and passed them to everyone.

As they started to talk, they were also drinking and soon, it passed an hour and a half and all of them were slightly drunk and soon it became 3 hours and they went through more than 3 bottles of wine.

Tiffany, who was sleeping in her room upstairs reached her arms out and felt a large empty space in front of her.

"Jessi?" she mumbled but got no reply.

Sleepily opening her eyes, she saw that Jessica's side of the bed was empty and she heard loud laughing downstairs.

She became confused.

"I swear, if Jessica invited some of her workoholic friends or co-workers over to get drunk, I'll seriously kick her ." Tiffany mumbled to herself as she walked down the stairs only to reach the last step when she saw three familiar faces.

"Taetae, Seohyun, Yoona?" she says in surprise.

The three looked her direction and grinned drunkenly at her.

"Are you four drunk?" she asked in disbelief.

Jessica walks over to her swaying side to side.

"Hey baby~ Wuyy~ are you awaaakkee?" she slurred.

Tiffany raised an eyebrow and almost chuckled at her wife.

"You're drunk, Jessi." she says.

"No I'm not~ I'm in love~ And you're like really seeeeeexy~" Jessica grins and Tiffany shakes her head while smirking.

"You're drunk." she says.

"For you~" Jessica slurred.

"I think she means she's gaaayyyy for Faaany~" Taeyeon giggles drunkenly and the other two nodded.

"You guys are all drunk." Tiffany says.

"Come drink with us~" said Yoona, cutely.

Tiffany shakes her head.

"I still have to work guys. You guys are drunk. Go to sleep and talk tomorrow." she says as Jessica started to act clingly to her by wrapping her arms around Tiffany's waist and hiding her face in Tiffany's neck.

"I wanna sleep with you~" Jessica pouts.

"Okay Jessi." said Tiffany.

"You three, go sleep in the guest rooms." said Tiffany.

"Okaayyy~" The three said before following Tiffany up the stairs.