Harmony

Frozen Heart

Zwei
faux beginning, real ending



 

The clear skies above him made him feel at ease, the tranquil sense of blue flooding in his vision. The glass cage he calls his room offers him the greatest peace no other give. He ignored the tingling of electicity massaging his body probing into his physique to seal his accursed gift. He shook slightly, unable to hide the gnawing pain running on his system, as he produce a grimace on his features. It disappeared quickly. He sighed. The alarm on his bed stand buzzed loudly right on time. The whirling sound of the white box machine near him died down and the tingling feeling was slowly disappearing. He pulled his gaze away from the open sky and placed it to the vitals displayed on the white machine. All normal He concluded. Detaching the probes in his body, he slammed the alarm off before getting off his bed. 

 

"Hyung, good morning" his cousin, as it was agreed upon, greeted him with a smile. Do Kyungsoo beamed a heart-shaped smile at him while motioning him to join him and the family for breakfast. A new beginning, this what they have decided. He replied the greeting with a warm smile still feeling awkward at the sudden change of atmosphere. He took the empty seat next to Jongdae, his younger brother from now on. 

 

"Good morning, Min-hyung" his family greeted as he took his place on the table. All beaming at him merrily like the normal functioning family. It was unnerving but warm nonethelesss. Behind the warm happy grins of his family, he could feel the slight awkwardness and nervousness they try to hide. He softly chuckled. 

 

"No need to be tensed" he said. It must take him a lot of initiative if he wants this to work. "Everything is the same as it is but without the missions. We've been family before but with a cold atmosphere. There's no need to rush, this is not an undercover mission therefore there is no need for faking. Just be yourself freely. We all agreed to do this so let's do this together. Just keep the basic information we agreed upon and the restrictions we set together and we'll be fine. Let's strive to live in harmony" he assured. Himself and his new family. It appears as if his words had weight since everyone on the table visibly relaxed.

 

"Okay!" Jongdae grinned merrily. His usual demeanor resurfacing after being drowned into oblivion of missions and training. The other followed suit. Kyungsoo who sat opposite to Jongdae started picking on every little bad habits his seatmate Chanyeol was doing. Jongin slumped on his seat poking the bacon with his fork much to Kyungsoo's frustration. It was as it was before. Before, the world became cruel for the innocent children. 

 

"Let's review the basic information first" Kyungsoo sternly reminded, eyeing his seatmate Chanyeol specifically. "And Jongin stop murdering the bacon" he repreimanded which the maknae of the group complied immediately with a sly grin on his face. "Xiu- I mean, Minseok-hyung is the eldest of the Kim brothers followed by Jongdae-hyung then our maknae Jongin. Chanyeol and I are cousins from the mother side which means Chanyeol, mine and the Kim brothers' mothers are sisters. Got it?"

 

"Aye, captain!" Jongdae, Jongin, and Chanyeol chorused merrily irking the speaker. Minseok simply offered a smile of comfort to him. They have decided to start anew. And like any other mission they would successfully do this right. Perfectly at the very least. 

 

"Have you got the files ready, Jongdae?" Minseok asked the electric manipulator who flashed a V sign. He nodded as a reply. He eyed the lying pamphlet near him. The school is their new beginning. EXO Academy of Elites, the school of the great and the rich. They have to transfer to accomplish the last mission they take. Minseok took the metal box from his pocket and set it on the table. "Wu Han Xi, we have to find him first to really start anew". The group eyed the box meticulously. They still can't comprehend why the greatest assassin of all time took a menial job with no pay just to deliver the box to a person with a low profile. At the very least its a deliver job not a hunting one, they don't want to have another person's blood on their hands anymore. They are sick of it already. 

 

 

 

 

"Did you hear about the transfers, Luhan?" Luhan, the school's honor student and adopted son of the former prime minister of Korea, took his cold eyes from the book he was reading and placed it to the reporter. Baekhyun grinned merrily at him with Tao in tow behind him. The troublemaking duo stared at him curiously before he shook his head as a reply. The brunet in particular was obviously interested while the passive tall and lean chinese behind him was clearly dragged by the gossip king. "They are all scholar students! With perfect scores in every field. They are the talk of the town!"

 

"The talk of your town! Try not to disturb someone busy!" A monotonic voice scolded the excited brunet. Sehun entered the room coolly. His tall stature overshadowing the petit Baekhyun. Sehun stood next to Tao taking the chinese's hands in his. Tao smiled at the arrival of the youngest of their group making Baekhyun draw a disgusted face. 

 

"Luhan-hyung, you're being called to the principal office. The police seems to be in distraught with your father's case and they need your opinion" Sehun announced making Luhan nod at the newly arrived friend of his. He excused himself and immediately left the room leaving a complaining Baekhyun and the lovers behind. On his way to the principal office, he saw the black gate of the school open to welcome the arrival of two black limousines. He eyed at the vehicles curiously as the staffs and faculties are lined together as if to greet someone of importance. As he continue to make his way to the principal office, his eyes was on the grounds not on the path causing him to bump into someone. 

 

"I'm very sorry, sir" the student who bumped into him immediately apologized. He was a tall pale chinese with an obvious dimple. "I'm so sorry" the student chanted in his accented korean. 

 

"No, it's my fault. I'm very sorry" he replied prying his eyes to the student who bumped into him. The student bowed in response before he dashed away. He must be in a hurry. Luhan thought. Luhan placed his attention back to the transferees' car and found that the transferee has already entered the school building so he shrugged his shoulders and made his way to the principal office where his uncle is waiting. 

 

 

 

"I have come into contact with him, sir. I'll continue to monitor" a voice whispered on the phone before ending it. "I am very pleased to meet you Lu Han" says the man with a smile on his face. An enigmatic smile that  may spell danger for worst.