The Red String

Our guitar's love story

 

Song: Crushed

==========================================================================================

Jinyoung's POV

 

She was still unconscious as I sat beside her bed. The doctors said that they did their best and they are not sure when would God take her away. Her parents cried and were inconsolable.

 

I held her hand and whispered to her ear, "I Love You."
She opened her eyes and touched my face with her hand. I held her hand and cried. I could feel her life ebbing away. I didn't want to let her go. I couldn't imagine living life without her.

"I love you so much. You are the only reason why I'm still alive." She said weakly.
"Do you believe in the string of fate?" I asked as I wiped my tears.
"The red string?"
"Yes, the red string. The invisible thread that ties you with the person that you are destined to be with." 
I closed my eyes before I continued.
"My red string is attached to you. You are my soul mate, ~~~~. If reincarnation does exist, I know that we'll end up meeting and loving each other again."
She cried and I held her tight not wanting to let her go.

==========================================================================================

 

She died on the day after. I felt like I died with her too. My first love was gone.

 

I attended her funeral and tried to end my life. For me, a life without her is not worth living. However, my dad saved me so I did not die. Days passed by but the pain in my heart did not heal. The ring she gave me on my finger is a constant reminder of my pain.